What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

That's a nice stable of horses! :chef

Once or twice a year I play all of my guitars back-to-back-to-back until I make my
way through them all. It is very revelatory. It can lead to unexpected sales, or reaffirm
love and appreciation.
I pretty much have a good idea of where to go with my guitars when I want to play something I hear in my head. The LP and PRS are still fairly new to me. I'm getting a better understanding of how they fit in grand plan of things. Well, it's sort of a plan ;)

Why not just put it on FB or CL and bank a couple of hundred $$??

That’s the plan, unless I get impatient on a weekend, bring it to GC and see if they’ll trade it straight up for a LVX.

Hahahahah 4pm rolls around, I grab my gig bag I brought into my office, walk out to my car and just drive away. I was pulling in my driveway before I realized I didn’t plug the damn amp in. I just left it in my truck, I have an easy morning tomorrow (barring another chiller shutdown which is how I started my day today) so I’ll just plug it in then.

That’s the plan, unless I get impatient on a weekend, bring it to GC and see if they’ll trade it straight up for a LVX.

Hahahahah 4pm rolls around, I grab my gig bag I brought into my office, walk out to my car and just drive away. I was pulling in my driveway before I realized I didn’t plug the damn amp in. I just left it in my truck, I have an easy morning tomorrow (barring another chiller shutdown which is how I started my day today) so I’ll just plug it in then.

Haha! I'd be shocked if you couldn't dump it fast for at least $750!

Great amp! Everyone needs a clean Fender pedal platform amp after they are 50! :rofl

I started to assemble a rig just for debating people on the internet-

Amps/Pedals Vs Modeling
Strat Vs Les Paul
Active Vs Passive
6 String Vs 7 String
6L6 Vs EL34
Fixed Bridge Vs Decked Vs Floating
ToM Vs Standard Vs Floyd Vs Evertune
Germanium Vs Silicone
Vintage Vs Modern Specs
Ebony Vs Maple Vs Rosewood
Nickel Vs Stainless Steel

Everything I purchase from here on out will be dedicated to the Debate Rig Soley Made For Internet Arguments And Shitting On Other People And Gear

IMG_5949.jpeg

IMG_5946.jpeg

I bought an American Pro II Tele a few weeks ago, and spent some time this morning tweaking presets in the FM9 for it. But, being the type to always over complicate my life, I also dug out my FC 6 and linked it up, so quite a bit of time was spent working up new layouts.

Amps/Pedals Vs Modeling
Strat Vs Les Paul
Active Vs Passive
6 String Vs 7 String
6L6 Vs EL34
Germanium Vs Silicone
Vintage Vs Modern Specs

Everything I purchase from here on out will be dedicated to the Debate Rig Soley Made For Internet Arguments And Shitting On Other People And Gear

View attachment 19126
View attachment 19127

Seriously though besides having me ROFL, that's an awesome setup

:chef

As for me same old same old, practicing and trying to improve my EVH technique
The battle does not fare well
:confused:

Seriously though besides having me ROFL, that's an awesome setup

:chef

It’s all the shit I’ve dragged into my living room in the past week, before it goes back in my studio so I can walk on my floor without stepping on pedals….before I drag it all out again this week.

It’s all the shit I’ve dragged into my living room in the past week, before it goes back in my studio so I can walk on my floor without stepping on pedals….before I drag it all out again this week.

My roommate just left to visit her sister in Scotland for three weeks. I give it about three days before the living room looks like a music store.

What I’ve actually been doing is dicking around with the DRRI-

IMG_5950.jpeg

The only pedal I like in front of it is the Multitap delay. Everything else is….not good. :rofl

I REALLY love the delay/reverb wash that occurs with that amp, though. It’s not sticking around, I just wanted to make sure it was working and figured since I had the pedals out I’d give ‘em a shot. Lovely clean sound and I can get lost in that with the delay for hours.

View attachment 19132

The only pedal I like in front of it is the Multitap delay. Everything else is….not good. :rofl

I REALLY love the delay/reverb wash that occurs with that amp, though. It’s not sticking around, I just wanted to make sure it was working and figured since I had the pedals out I’d give ‘em a shot. Lovely clean sound and I can get lost in that with the delay for hours.

Heh, the “authorized” full time living room amp is a Fillmore 50 combo, and when Mesa released their newer pedals (Cleo, Dynaplex, and Gold Mine), the amp they used in all of the factory demo videos was a Fillmore. So of course I watched the videos, and of course I wound up buying all of the pedals… But they all do sound really, really good with that amp.

Amps/Pedals Vs Modeling
Strat Vs Les Paul
Active Vs Passive
6 String Vs 7 String
6L6 Vs EL34
Germanium Vs Silicone
Vintage Vs Modern Specs

View attachment 19126
View attachment 19127

Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

View attachment 19132

55 year old Drew will love it. Trust me. :rofl

Amps/Pedals Vs Modeling
Strat Vs Les Paul
Active Vs Passive
6 String Vs 7 String
6L6 Vs EL34
Germanium Vs Silicone
Vintage Vs Modern Specs

View attachment 19126
View attachment 19127
Scene 9: Oh baby Jesus it was an astromical pain the ass to name these using the device interface

Until he sits down with a Fillmore, which is everything the Deluxe Reverb wishes it could be.

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

I've owned a Fillmore 50, and DRRIs. They do different things, in my experience. :idk

Fillmore, for one, doesn't have as nice a Reverb, and doesn't have the Vibrato that
is actually a Tremolo. :unsure:

DRRI doesn't have as nice of gain. Or cloned channels, which is cool. DRRI does have
better sensitivity and touch responsiveness, in my experience.I also use the different inputs
on the DRRI that you don't get on a Fillmore either. That Lo Input (2) on a DRRI is great with
humbuckers. And take a setero delay and run it into both channels. :chef

But yeah, not everything has to be a Cage Match fight to the Death, does it?? :LOL:

I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

I've owned a Fillmore 50, and DRRIs. They do different things, in my experience. :idk

Fillmore, for one, doesn't have as nice a Reverb, and doesn't have the Vibrato that
is actually a Tremolo. :unsure:

DRRI doesn't have as nice of gain. Or cloned channels, which is cool. DRRI does have
better sensitivity and touch responsiveness, in my experience.I also use the different inputs
on the DRRI that you don't get on a Fillmore either. That Lo Input (2) on a DRRI is great with
humbuckers. And take a setero delay and run it into both channels. :chef

But yeah, not everything has to be a Cage Match fight to the Death, does it?? :LOL:

I also own both. The only reason the DRRI is still around is because it’s the limited edition with the wine tolex and wheat grill. It’s purty.

Played through a cheap 50W solid state practice amp today. After a reaaaaly long time, I don't remember last time I played an SS amp .
My God, I forgot how bad amps can sound.

Played through a cheap 50W solid state practice amp today. After a reaaaaly long time, I don't remember last time I played an SS amp .
My God, I forgot how bad amps can sound.

I cut my teeth on a 15 watt Peavey combo, but in the early/mid eighties that was what most of us started out on. With the “Saturation” knob…

Back