What are we watching now?

The level of thought put into the cinematography, the framing....even the shadows are all planned ....this show is almost too good to be a TV show.

Very clever.....all the way through....and yes, nailed every aspect of the casting, especially with the younger actors......such an amazing show!

Seriously one of, if not my absolute, favorite Jeff Bridge's roles.

Wow. I have to check it out, because great cinematography can overcome a lot
of other flaws. For me. If it has that I can flow with everything else that comes.

Wow. I have to check it out, because great cinematography can overcome a lot
of other flaws. For me. If it has that I can flow with everything else that comes.
From a cinematography standpoint, it can be many things inside one episode.....which is way cool..

Like action....into suspense...into a bit of a dialogue driven thing ....it is a very neat demonstration of how not to stick to a style...and serve the needs of the story ..in a familiar way, to the viewer. It's like watching a film class....and the writing....psshh.

Watched a bunch of things over the weekend. Caught up with The Penguin. EXCELLENT show so far.

Been following along with this new season of Tulsa King. Definitely falls into the cookie cutter thing dude has done with his other series but it's good timekiller if that is your bag.

Watched some horror as well. Daddy's Head on Shudder. UK creepy thing that had kind of an A24 if they weren't trying to be intellectual vibe. Obviously duly noted that A24 is way beyond horror genre wise but I think you probably get my point. Kid's father dies and then makes a different kind of reappearance. Nothing new but some good vibes overall. Mr. Crocket on Hulu. Children's television show host steals children from bad parents. Fairly generic creepypasta origin story style flick that was perfectly fine with tempered expectations. Not good but not terrible.

Finished up last night with Jason Takes Manhattan. :oops:I forgot how truly bad this entry was. And I like me some cheese. Certainly.

Watched Leave The World Behind yesterday, fell asleep 20 minutes into it (standard routine for any movie these days) then watched the rest when I woke up. Anticlimactic overall and rather weak roles for both Roberts and Hawke.

The whole movie- "What's going on out there in the world? It could be this thing"

End of movie- It's exactly that thing. The end.

Pretty crazy how many movies I've watched in the last decade that I have zero interest in ever watching a second time.

The other night we saw Candyman from 1992. I saw that in the theater when it first came out, and this was just my second time. I didn't remember it well at all, but I freaking loved it this time around. It was like a great episode of The X-Files, and it had several actors who had been in X-Files episodes.

I have seen bad performances by Virginia Madsen before this, but here she was absolutely great. I mean, this is the kind of acting that would have made her truly one of the really respected and sought after actors for serious work. In this, she's totally a precursor to Dana Scully from The X-Files, and it's awesome. But maybe her 80s career had already cemented her reputation as a bad actor, because I see she fell into a lot of TV movies after this one. This is just speculation.

She was so good in this that I'm questioning my memory of her as a bad actor in roles before this.

The other night we saw Candyman from 1992. I saw that in the theater when it first came out, and this was just my second time. I didn't remember it well at all, but I freaking loved it this time around. It was like a great episode of The X-Files, and it had several actors who had been in X-Files episodes.

I have seen bad performances by Virginia Madsen before this, but here she was absolutely great. I mean, this is the kind of acting that would have made her truly one of the really respected and sought after actors for serious work. In this, she's totally a precursor to Dana Scully from The X-Files, and it's awesome. But maybe her 80s career had already cemented her reputation as a bad actor, because I see she fell into a lot of TV movies after this one. This is just speculation.

She was so good in this that I'm questioning my memory of her as a bad actor in roles before this.
I don't care if I liked Candyman at all or not. I'd still watch it just to see Virginia Madsen. 😍

I say my girlfriend's name sometimes in that deep voice like Tony Todd does, and my girlfriend goes, "Nooo!" :LOL:

Starting Season one of The Office

For the very first time.

Ever.

Watching Curb Your Enthusiasm for first time
mike-smith-trailer-park-boys.gif

Back