What are we watching now?

Oh, that The Office. I recall the RIcky Gervais one, and another remake in Australia has just started - and being panned by all.

I never really like the American remakes, ala Life on Mars, Shameless, House of Cards etc. Sorry.

Oh, that The Office. I recall the RIcky Gervais one, and another remake in Australia has just started - and being panned by all.

I never really like the American remakes, ala Life on Mars, Shameless, House of Cards etc. Sorry.
I agree on the Shameless front for sure....but the Office in the US became something, one hesitates to say it ...but I will, better than the UK version... but it's unique to the US....so there is that....the us shameless is garbage compared to the UK version....

Side note ...the American version of Kath and Kim was horrible.....the original is still amazing!!!!🤪

I agree on the Shameless front for sure....but the Office in the US became something, one hesitates to say it ...but I will, better than the UK version... but it's unique to the US....so there is that....the us shameless is garbage compared to the UK version....

Side note ...the American version of Kath and Kim was horrible.....the original is still amazing!!!!🤪
I do understand that the American version became it's own thing - but it just didn't hit as "close to the bone" as the UK one. Cultural difference and such I suppose, but for me Ricky Gervais' original was just spot on and brutal in way Carell is not, at least from the little I have seen. I don't really go for Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler comedies either. My bad. The Hollowmen is my choice for something similar but Australian.

Kath and Kim just cannot be anything other than Aussie, for better or worse!

I do understand that the American version became it's own thing - but it just didn't hit as "close to the bone" as the UK one. Cultural difference and such I suppose, but for me Ricky Gervais' original was just spot on and brutal in way Carell is not, at least from the little I have seen. I don't really go for Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler comedies either. My bad. The Hollowmen is my choice for something similar but Australian.

Kath and Kim just cannot be anything other than Aussie, for better or worse!
I understand the opinion, and I love the original....the us version is just different...in a great way.

But I don't understand ferrell and Sandler being thrown in, other than some vague oversimplified view of American comedy....but I won't assume that.

Gervais is great and all....but Carell is a genius as well, on so many levels.

Different strokes, different folks I suppose.....I just think...it's TV.....not Calculus.

Also....I agree with the Kath and Kim take......also, love them.

I understand the opinion, and I love the original....the us version is just different...in a great way.

But I don't understand ferrell and Sandler being thrown in, other than some vague oversimplified view of American comedy....but I won't assume that.

Gervais is great and all....but Carell is a genius as well, in many levels.

Different strokes, different folks I suppose.....I just think...it's TV.....not Calculus.

Also....I agree with the Kath and Kim take......also, love them.
FWIW; my opinion of Carell is based on Carell's roles across the board. I think the Office and the 40 Year Old Virgin are his best takes then the rest is rom-com or too serious for it's own good blech. Gervias is acerbic as fuck and I love it. Even when he's doing something serious.

FWIW; my opinion of Carell is based on Carell's roles across the board. I think the Office and the 40 Year Old Virgin are his best takes then the rest is rom-com or too serious for it's own good blech. Gervias is acerbic as fuck and I love it. Even when he's doing something serious.
....dinner for schmucks.....

:sofa

Also...Karl is funnier than Ricky.

Is ok. I was tired of Paul Rudd decades ago though so I have a pre-existing bias
Hrumph!
motivational___harumph_by_rassilon001_d2krp9v-375w-2x.jpg

Gervais is great and all....but Carell is a genius as well, on so many levels.

I guess I think of Carell as part of the "Frat Pack" due to his many works with Ferrell. I haven't seen anything that qualifies as "genius" even in the realm of light entertainment. But that's just me, I suppose. All around the same time.

Curb Your Enthusiasm on the other hand... and Archer, early Arrested Development and so on...

I'm not sure where the Calculus comment came from.

Depp vs. Heard kind of in the background while I practice.

I purposely avoided this whole soap opera while it was going on, but now curiosity has gotten the better of me.

So far Amber is looking like a fool... "I use the word 'donate' and 'pledge' synonymously." Bitch please! Did you WRITE THE CHECK YET OR NOT?? Talking about her alleged donation of her $7M divorce settlement to charity. SMH

And both of them are so obviously using their acting skills as best they can, so I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Depp vs. Heard kind of in the background while I practice.

I purposely avoided this whole soap opera while it was going on, but now curiosity has gotten the better of me.

So far Amber is looking like a fool... "I use the word 'donate' and 'pledge' synonymously." Bitch please! Did you WRITE THE CHECK YET OR NOT?? Talking about her alleged donation of her $7M divorce settlement to charity. SMH

And both of them are so obviously using their acting skills as best they can, so I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Amber isn't "pledging" shit, other than a shit in the bed. She is shit, but a woman can be a lying sack of anal waste, yet still keep her acting gig. Johnny Depp has a penis, though, so obviously he was the one in the wrong, and cannot be Capt Jack Sparrow anymore.

Back