What a cool site and hello

Glad to join as well.

I am sorry to report that I have never been banned from that other place…. But I wonder how long it will be before being a member here causes a ban over there?

This may be a silly or rude question, but how is this site financed? I’m not seeing the usual suspects of ads or sponsors.
Blood, sweat, and tears.

I ran a fitness site for many years way back in the day. It was a labor of love and built to give a handful of friends a better place to hang without the “bro science” and other crap of the other sites of the day. It grew to have a sizable number of members.

Anyway - the forum hosting and server costs weren’t that much. I made decent money and just foot the bill myself. Kept it clean with no ads.

After a couple/few years I allowed a few supplement companies buy banner ads in a couple areas of the site, and gave them a dedicated subforum to talk about their products, but I kept it contained and only allowed a few of our favorites - just enough to help cover my costs.

But all the admin time and moderation time - that was all sweat effort LOL.

What’s cool is even though that forum has long been shut down - I’ve maintained many great friendships from 20 years ago on that forum. Several of us have met up in person a few times as well. Good stuff.

Back