Video Games

Any RDR2 fans out there? I just went through the - well… images inside the spoiler - thing. Have to admit, being a grown man and not that easily affected, those last 4-5 missions in Chapter 6 had my throat feeling thick several times…

I played many games, but this one really got me on all sides of the emotional spectrum. It’s like a really good movie. Sure.. it has its weird things and awkward moments in the story where you just think “but wtf why”…. but overall it’s an amazing story and I feel very empty inside right now… after all, I’ve been taking it slow playing this game casually since last year and really sucked in everything about it. Also very fun because my son plays it at the same time so we talk a lot about what happens and we have followed the game progression together.

after what happens after the stuff pictured in the spoiler it really feels like you’re starting over… I never played RDR1 so I guess that’s what I should do after the Epilogue. My son says he will do RDR2 over again with “bad honor” as the characters behave and say different things in cutscenes then. I won’t, I’m kinda happy about what my character tried to accomplish haha… but I think I’ll play RDR1 before Starfield drops… if it manages to do that…

IMG_5722.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

IMG_5730.jpeg

Last edited:
Any RDR2 fans out there? I just went through the - well… images inside the spoiler - thing. Have to admit, being a grown man and not that easily affected, those last 4-5 missions in Chapter 6 had my throat feeling thick several times…

I played many games, but this one really got me on all sides of the emotional spectrum. It’s like a really good movie. Sure.. it has its weird things and awkward moments in the story where you just think “but wtf why”…. but overall it’s an amazing story and I feel very empty inside right now… after all, I’ve been taking it slow playing this game casually since last year and really sucked in everything about it. Also very fun because my son plays it at the same time so we talk a lot about what happens and we have followed the game progression together.

after what happens after the stuff pictured in the spoiler it really feels like you’re starting over… I never played RDR1 so I guess that’s what I should do after the Epilogue. My son says he will do RDR2 over again with “bad honor” as the characters behave and say different things in cutscenes then. I won’t, but I think I’ll play RDR1.

I was like "I am not seeing R2D2 in these pictures?" :unsure: :rofl

I started playing a bit more video games last year after not playing as much for a few years. We have an Xbox that my teenage son plays mostly, and a Switch that he and the middle kid play, but I bought myself a Switch OLED around the holidays.

Last year I got into Ori and the Blind Forest, then the second Ori game, for a few months. Then I got into Hollow Knight and was way into that game for many months, into this year. Just finished up a full playthrough of Borderlands for about the 100th time, and doing Borderlands 2, but getting a bit bored. I've played those games way too many times.

Might pick up the "Collection of Mana" games while they're on sale as something different. Kind of feeling like a RPG.

I’ve repurposed my daughters Switch as a dedicated Mario Golf player. (Played about 8000 hours of the old N64 Mario Golf back in the day, the new one isn’t half bad)

after what happens after the stuff pictured in the spoiler it really feels like you’re starting over… I never played RDR1 so I guess that’s what I should do after the Epilogue. My son says he will do RDR2 over again with “bad honor” as the characters behave and say different things in cutscenes then. I won’t, I’m kinda happy about what my character tried to accomplish haha… but I think I’ll play RDR1 before Starfield drops… if it manages to do that…

Bought RDR2 for PC last Christmas but haven't made it too far.

If only I could play while training captures.

Fantastic game though.

I’m trying to work through Hogwarts Legacy on Steamdeck, but Vampire Survivors keeps sucking up all my time (pun intended).

I looooooved RDR2!
Slow-burn western was exactly what I wanted. Going to wait a few more years before replaying it. :clint

Still working my way through Elden Ring after a few months off. I’m no stranger to long RPGs, but this thing just goes forever.

I dug the story but the online portion of the game was a huge let down after GTAV. Hahaha RDR2 is the game Devin Townsend always references when people ask him if he plays video games; “My son had me play this game and all I could do was stare at the horse’s balls shrinking in cold weather and think, ‘someone had to actually program a horse’s balls shrinking in cold weather and this is a video game” :rofl

Some really great artwork in that game, though. Coming up on the mountains at sunrise and sunset, pretty crazy how a video game can make you pause for a second to look around.

I just finished a 2nd play-through of Death Stranding, which I think is one of the most original and creative games I’ve ever played. The storyline is just f*cking insane and had a lot of similar calm/relaxing moments like RDR2 where you’ve got no choice but to take your time and let the surroundings draw you in. It got a lot of gripes for being a walking simulator, but I think those people missed the point. Or they didn’t play long enough to set up zip lines to blast all over the map in seconds.

And music! Oh man, I love that really twangy spaghetti western stuff... but there are other wonderful styles of music in RDR2 too.
I loved all the music elements in the game, from the area relevant ambient music to the full songs. Really good stuff. There was this song when they came back from that jungle island… I think there was a song… and Arthur was riding back to camp. Loved that.

So it only took three years, but the PS5 is finally at the "walk into a store and buy it at the normal price" stage, so I got one!

I've been PC only for the past five years with the Nintendo Switch added in that time and that really reminded me how much I like it when shit just works. I'm pretty sick of dealing with driver issues and software crashes and every PC port being hot garbage lately. The PS5 is actually an upgrade from my PC's current specs so it makes sense to just go back to console for a while anyway.

I got Ghost of Tsushima to play on this new box and holy fuck is this game ✨ gorgeous ✨ . It's the best-looking and performing game I've ever played, no question. 4k at a rock-solid 60 fps is amazing. I wish every game ran this well at 4k. It also delivers on the open-world samurai fantasy that I've wanted in a game since I was like ten years old. It's like this game was made just for me. :geek:

I Love It Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
So it only took three years, but the PS5 is finally at the "walk into a store and buy it at the normal price" stage, so I got one!

I've been PC only for the past five years with the Nintendo Switch added in that time and that really reminded me how much I like it when s**t just works. I'm pretty sick of dealing with driver issues and software crashes and every PC port being hot garbage lately. The PS5 is actually an upgrade from my PC's current specs so it makes sense to just go back to console for a while anyway.

I got Ghost of Tsushima to play on this new box and holy f**k is this game ✨ gorgeous ✨ . It's the best-looking and performing game I've ever played, no question. 4k at a rock-solid 60 fps is amazing. I wish every game ran this well at 4k. It also delivers on the open-world samurai fantasy that I've wanted in a game since I was like ten years old. It's like this game was made just for me. :geek:

I Love It Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That’s some good news, I gave up on the PS5 a while back when I couldn’t even find one at all, never mind finding one for $800 somewhere.

And man, GoT is a GREAT game, it was beautiful with the PS4 and a good TV, so I can imagine how great it looks with a PS5! I was just debating re-playing that game. I really, really dug that one. Those scenes when walking through the woods and you come into a clearing with cherry blossoms and sunbeams….crazy, but I really loved the mechanics as well. One of the few games I actually started memorizing the combos and utilizing them. Enjoy it, man!!

It's seriously great. The PS5 controller does some clever stuff with the new tech: pretty surprising resistance when pulling back an arrow, for example. When the game was first released I was bummed that I couldn't play it because I knew I would love it.
Patience worked out this time. :LOL:

This is also my first time playing a game in HDR and even on a cheap TCL it looks ridiculously good.

I'm playing on hard because most people say the game is too easy once you get some gear upgrades. At these relatively early parts I'm getting my ass handed to me if I get sloppy, but it feels good. Reminds me of playing the Ninja Gaiden games on OG Xbox - damn those were some hard-ass games.

I've been PC only for the past five years with the Nintendo Switch added in that time and that really reminded me how much I like it when s**t just works. I'm pretty sick of dealing with driver issues and software crashes and every PC port being hot garbage lately. The PS5 is actually an upgrade from my PC's current specs so it makes sense to just go back to console for a while anyway.

I got Ghost of Tsushima to play on this new box and holy f**k is this game ✨ gorgeous ✨ . It's the best-looking and performing game I've ever played, no question. 4k at a rock-solid 60 fps is amazing. I wish every game ran this well at 4k. It also delivers on the open-world samurai fantasy that I've wanted in a game since I was like ten years old. It's like this game was made just for me. :geek:
Yeah Ghost of Tsushima was surprisingly good, even if it does end up being repetitive long term.

While I have a very powerful PC and prefer playing on it when I can, it's hard to argue how simple the "fire it up and continue where you left off" behavior of the PS5 really is. I also like that most games now have a 60 fps mode as it just feels better to play.

This is what I've been playing this year on both platforms:
  • Resident Evil 3 Remake. A bit short and not the best RE Remake by any measure, but still pretty good.
  • Hi-Fi Rush. This was a real out of the blue suprise. It's kind of like Capcom/Platinum Games style arena combat paired with rhythm game. It's really good, not too long and just plain fun.
  • Plague Tale: Requiem. Visually gorgeous with half decent story but entirely mediocre gameplay. French language voices with English subs recommended, couldn't stand the English voice actors.
  • Like A Dragon Isshin: I love all the Yakuza/Like A Dragon games and this was no different. If you can't enjoy a karaoke minigame set to a background video of farming daikon then this is not for you.
  • God of War: Ragnarok. Loved it! Very good combat and enjoyed the story, looks great visually.
  • Horizon: Forbidden West - Burning Shores DLC. This was also very good even if it's more of the same as the base game but in a new area. One of the best looking games on any platform.
  • Outer Wilds. Just finished this one and I really liked it. It's for people who enjoy space exploration stuff and have the curiosity to uncover its story and figure out its puzzles. Zero combat.
On the list:
  • Resident Evil 4 Remake. Waiting for it to be patched to work great on PC.
  • Resident Evil Village. Waiting to get the PC version + DLC cheap enough.
  • Metroid Dread (Switch)
  • Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch, though might play it on PC with an emulator for performance)
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Dead Space Remake. Waiting for sales.
On the PC nowadays everything is released in a ridiculously bad condition, so it's better to not buy anything on release, wait for patches and sales and then buy the game. Or play it on Xbox Gamepass PC if it ends up there.

Surely Counter Strike would be a better fit. Maybe it already is, I don't follow esports at all. Atleast not since the Halo 2 days.

Back