Video Games

Breath of the wild, has been my favourite for a while as a casual dad player, the kids have had Wii U and then Switch. They started very much like I did as a child, with Super Mario and stuff.

They both played Fortnite for a while and even got me to do it with them, which was quite fun. They weren’t to happy about saving my ass all the time though… and also getting them killed haha! And if I played solo I was constantly breaking the game rules haha, making friends with random people in solo BR and doing stuff that annoyed the hell out of people… think I got banned several times actually.

Switch got changed to a Xbox X recently as the older kid wanted that… ironically they’re both playing Minecraft 100% of the time :rofl which just seems like a waste of console power to me….

It’s like using a Helix floor and only use the megaphone effect… with a hint of legacy room reverb….

I’m going through the Master Chief Halo thing now as i played Halo a lot with the first Xbox. Also going through some of the game pass titles… there are some really cool games in there. I enjoy the Hellblade and Plague Tale games to.

I’m eagerly waiting for Starfield. That game will probably make me play a lot less guitar :bag
I loved Breath of the Wild! So good.

and the Halo series, But I think I stopped after 3. I need to pick it back up and see how the new one is, but I have no time!!

AE30A9CE-4A06-43E1-B320-446498CE5639.jpeg

How about this baby and the others like it?? Man, I spent HOURS playing that thing!!

I loved Breath of the Wild! So good.

and the Halo series, But I think I stopped after 3. I need to pick it back up and see how the new one is, but I have no time!!
Its cool, I've made it a thing to play through it and find the "terminals" which tells a cool story (cutscenes and such) about the whole Halo universe... and the story is great (if you like sci-fi).

View attachment 130

How about this baby and the others like it?? Man, I spent HOURS playing that thing!!

I didn't play that one, but I did spend a lot of time with this one. My grandpa received it as a work-related gift (kind of odd), and my cousins and I used to take turns playing it all the time. It was a hugely popular item amongst us, we'd play it for hours and my older cousin was crazily good at it. :)

Parachute%20Game%20%26%20Watch%20Nintendo%20Game.jpg

Its cool, I've made it a thing to play through it and find the "terminals" which tells a cool story (cutscenes and such) about the whole Halo universe... and the story is great (if you like sci-fi).
That’s awesome. I need to play it. When I first started Halo - I bought and read the book because I thought the story was great.

I didn't play that one, but I did spend a lot of time with this one. My grandpa received it as a work-related gift (kind of odd), and my cousins and I used to take turns playing it all the time. It was a hugely popular item amongst us, we'd play it for hours and my older cousin was crazily good at it. :)

Ha. My grandma had three of those game and watch games. She was a gamer! Haha.

Just last year I bought the new one that Nintendo came out with that has the old ball catching juggler on it but you can also play Mario Bros on it. It’s pretty cool.

Reminds me I need to charge it and my Switch Lite for my vacation trip tomorrow.

Breath of the wild, has been my favourite for a while as a casual dad player, the kids have had Wii U and then Switch. They started very much like I did as a child, with Super Mario and stuff.

Same. I don't play games much, but something about BotW pulled me in deep. 250 hours deep! Well there was this pandemic thing and I was living in a rural area away from people in a forest and it snows a lot. That might also have had something to do with it, ahaha.

Did you attain the Master Cycle Zero? That was a lot of fun and a nice bonus reward. I love riding fast AF at Lynels on that thing.

Last edited:
Same. I don't play games much, but something about BotW pulled me in deep. 250 hours deep! Well there was this pandemic thing and I was living in a rural area away from people in a forest and it snows a lot. That might also have had something to do with it, ahaha.

Did you attain the Master Cycle Zero? That was a lot of fun and a nice bonus reward. I love riding fast AF at Lynels on that thing.
No I never did the Cycle thing, my son did however. Fun stuff for sure. Are you going to play Botw2?

No I never did the Cycle thing, my son did however. Fun stuff for sure. Are you going to play Botw2?
OMG yes! If it's ever released. Excited!

Although typing my previous comment about ploughing 250 hours in to BotW has caused me to consider that I could have spent those 250 hours improving my lame guitar skills and putting thousands of dollars of guitar gear to better use. So... there's that.

Currently ploughing my way through Assassin's Creed Origins - I've played nearly all of the 'classic' AC games, but this is my first time playing the new style. It's really great so far! I love Bayek and Aya, they make a great pair of leads for this game.

After I'm done with this I want to go back and finally finish some old RPGs that I never completed.
Dragon Quest VIII (original PS2 version) in particular is one of my faves, and then I have DQ IX on the DS to do after that. Then maybe XI on PC after that. :p

I'm also slowly working my way through Elden Ring, but I have to be in the right mood for that. It's definitely a 'hunker down for a few hours during the night' kinda game, not something you can dip into for an hour at a time (in my case, anyway).

Currently ploughing my way through Assassin's Creed Origins - I've played nearly all of the 'classic' AC games, but this is my first time playing the new style. It's really great so far! I love Bayek and Aya, they make a great pair of leads for this game.

After I'm done with this I want to go back and finally finish some old RPGs that I never completed.
Dragon Quest VIII (original PS2 version) in particular is one of my faves, and then I have DQ IX on the DS to do after that. Then maybe XI on PC after that. :p

I'm also slowly working my way through Elden Ring, but I have to be in the right mood for that. It's definitely a 'hunker down for a few hours during the night' kinda game, not something you can dip into for an hour at a time (in my case, anyway).

I enjoyed Origins, too. Odyssey is also really good.

Woooooow, man, I COMPLETELY forgot about that game. That's crazy how something can completely vanish from your mind until you see it again. And it was either my grandfather or my uncle who had this one.

Man, you know how a scent or thought can bring you right back to that place? This is totally doing that for me. Crazy.

Woooooow, man, I COMPLETELY forgot about that game. That's crazy how something can completely vanish from your mind until you see it again. And it was either my grandfather or my uncle who had this one.

Man, you know how a scent or thought can bring you right back to that place? This is totally doing that for me. Crazy.

Yes! Crazy when that happens. Can happen with TV show themes or commercials, too.

Back