Video Games

Whuuut is tears of the kingdom actually bigger than botw??? Thats insane…. Botw map is huge…

My son is getting Tears of the kingdom for birthday present in July.

Me… I’ve jumped on Read Dead Redemption 1 after completing RDR2 (best game I’ve ever played regarding story and characters). RDR1 definitely holds up story wize, it feels almost better than RDR2 but the graphics is 2010.

I need my fucking sci-fi space also… so I bought the now “abandoned” Elite Dangerous…. I need my sci-fi fetish until Starfield comes… Elite is fine though, played it a lot 2 years ago and I like just goofing around in a spaceship… mining and grinding for ships and such. Before anyone says “No man’s Sky”… I’m not fucking playing it all over again because of new content. Done that 15 times now :rofl

Last edited:
Im getting the urge to try Street Fighter 6, but I am also trying to remind myself that I don’t have the reflexes of my former 12yo self. :LOL:

I went back down the fighting game path a few years ago and it lasted 3 days. lol
Given how badly my kids both beat me in Smash Bros. back when they were both single-digit in age, I will continue focusing on games that revolve around my patience to plan and execute a sneak attack, or knowledge of sports tactics that far exceed my level of physical athleticism.

8-bit animation GIF

Finished Ghost of Tsushima plus DLC about a month ago and it's absolutely one of my favourite games ever. :love
Turns out after 145 hours the playtime counter gets stuck on the save-game interface and won't go any higher? lol

Now I'm playing the Spider-Mans that I missed from being PC only for a few years. Finished Spider-Man Remastered and now going through Miles Morales. These are great games, but I'm so glad they stopped doing the stealth missions for MM. Once is okay, but it got a little ridiculous after the fourth stealth-only mission as not Spider-Man. :wat

I was watching a friend play Horizon: Forbidden West on the PS5 Share Screen thing and it actually worked super well. We were both really impressed. We just chatted about stuff while I could watch him play and it definitely sold me on the game. It looks so fucking good I just want to walk around in that world. Maybe shoot some robots now and again. Now I'm waiting for Zero Dawn to go on sale as I never played that one either. It's already $30 CAD normally, but I'm holding out for $20. :rofl

Finished Ghost of Tsushima plus DLC about a month ago and it's absolutely one of my favourite games ever. :love
Turns out after 145 hours the playtime counter gets stuck on the save-game interface and won't go any higher? lol

Now I'm playing the Spider-Mans that I missed from being PC only for a few years. Finished Spider-Man Remastered and now going through Miles Morales. These are great games, but I'm so glad they stopped doing the stealth missions for MM. Once is okay, but it got a little ridiculous after the fourth stealth-only mission as not Spider-Man. :wat

I was watching a friend play Horizon: Forbidden West on the PS5 Share Screen thing and it actually worked super well. We were both really impressed. We just chatted about stuff while I could watch him play and it definitely sold me on the game. It looks so fucking good I just want to walk around in that world. Maybe shoot some robots now and again. Now I'm waiting for Zero Dawn to go on sale as I never played that one either. It's already $30 CAD normally, but I'm holding out for $20. :rofl
$30 is a bargain for zero dawn, especially if it comes with the dlc. The story is as compelling as the world is beautiful.

Zero Dawn is free on Playstation Plus extra as is Forbidden West.

Zero Dawn is awesome on the PC.

Yeah, I barely play any multiplayer games so I don't sub to PS+ often - much less a higher tier than the basic one.
I prefer just buying games I'm interested in anyway.

Yeah, I barely play any multiplayer games so I don't sub to PS+ often - much less a higher tier than the basic one.
I prefer just buying games I'm interested in anyway.
PS+ is worth it for the "free" monthly games and the game library. For sales it's generally looking for random places selling the physical copy cheaper or relying on the digital sales.

For PC https://isthereanydeal.com is a great source to check where to buy Steam keys on discount.

PS+ is worth it for the "free" monthly games and the game library. For sales it's generally looking for random places selling the physical copy cheaper or relying on the digital sales.

For PC https://isthereanydeal.com is a great source to check where to buy Steam keys on discount.
I'm with @hemmelight -- it's like the Steven Slate subscription. I don't wanna have to worry about a game getting pulled from the list, and for whatever reason, if I buy a game I invest myself in it long enough to either grow to love it or grow to really understand why I don't love it. With the subs, I just download like 10 games and never really play any of them.

I'm with @hemmelight -- it's like the Steven Slate subscription. I don't wanna have to worry about a game getting pulled from the list, and for whatever reason, if I buy a game I invest myself in it long enough to either grow to love it or grow to really understand why I don't love it. With the subs, I just download like 10 games and never really play any of them.
I find that there are only some games that I want to play more than once, but others tend to get played through one time and I move to the next game. So if I can play those games cheaper via subscription services it usually works out in my favor.

Oh the "Extra" catalog is definitely intriguing, and I like the idea in theory. It makes perfect sense for the games that look interesting but aren't necessarily a slam-dunk for my tastes.

I'm the kind of person that replays games that I really like eventually, so it makes sense to just buy something and have it for a while.
Plus if I'm not that into a game I can just trade it in or swap it for something else if it's a physical copy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Oh the "Extra" catalog is definitely intriguing, and I like the idea in theory. It makes perfect sense for the games that look interesting but aren't necessarily a slam-dunk for my tastes.

I'm the kind of person that replays games that I really like eventually, so it makes sense to just buy something and have it for a while.
Plus if I'm not that into a game I can just trade it in or swap it for something else if it's a physical copy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not to mention that he never pays more than $9.99 for a game...:rollsafe

Given how badly my kids both beat me in Smash Bros. back when they were both single-digit in age, I will continue focusing on games that revolve around my patience to plan and execute a sneak attack, or knowledge of sports tactics that far exceed my level of physical athleticism.

Since my son plays a bunch of slow twitch borefests, (Minecraft, Roblox etc.) I think I may have the upper hand for at least a week. :ROFLMAO:

Back