Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I got mine a week ago. The software is a bit cumbersome but sounds great. It’s in the loop of my HX LT, with helix providing effects. Amp sounds (or maybe amp feel) are better with the Tonex. Haven’t used it in rehearsal or live yet so it’s to be seen how well it works in a band setting but it’s probably down to finding right captures (or eq-ing he ones I’m using with headphones).

I really got a kick out of watching John having to turn on and configure the Reverb block every time he switched presets. Why they haven’t added a “lock” feature for auditioning presets is beyond me:

@Whizzinby
IMG_2164.gif

Friday I tried to use the Tonex pedal in a band rehersal. Went direct to soundboard with a guitar cable and it had kind of digital sizzle/clipping sound when picking a note. Experimented with input trim/ output volume but it made no difference. Any ideas what’s the problem? Should I use a DI box?

Thanks

Friday I tried to use the Tonex pedal in a band rehersal. Went direct to soundboard with a guitar cable and it had kind of digital sizzle/clipping sound when picking a note. Experimented with input trim/ output volume but it made no difference. Any ideas what’s the problem? Should I use a DI box?

Thanks
I vaguely recall someone at TOP saying they needed a DI for their Tonex setup. Check the manual on pg10.

I got friends in low places...I also kind of lied about buying one. It wasn't IMO a "flagship" so I still pass on it. When my "friend" at IK told me about it he was still very vague. I envisioned a Helix sized processor with an EXP pedal.

Last edited:
im really liking the Tonex plugin,thinking to buy the pedal,but my question is there any difference in sound between the plugin and pedal,im using the Apollo twin audio interface

is true that i need to raise the input on the tonex plugin to get close to tonex capture amp?

is true that i need to raise the input on the tonex plugin to get close to tonex capture amp?
I'm afraid there's still no proper information by IK, as this was posted 2 weeks ago:

"We need to know what to set our Interfaces to (Input gain dB), for the the most realistic sound of the tone models. What is the optimal input gain for Tonex, what about Tonex Pedal as an interface? This is a key missing piece of data. 'dial input gain until it sounds good, is imprecise'. This information should be available to all users, and it should be in the manual."

👻👻👻 -> 💩

I'm afraid there's still no proper information by IK, as this was posted 2 weeks ago:

"We need to know what to set our Interfaces to (Input gain dB), for the the most realistic sound of the tone models. What is the optimal input gain for Tonex, what about Tonex Pedal as an interface? This is a key missing piece of data. 'dial input gain until it sounds good, is imprecise'. This information should be available to all users, and it should be in the manual."

👻👻👻 -> 💩
well i was asking because with some Tonex high gain captures,,the captures doesnt sound like high gain to me,anyway hope IK can fix this issue

Why not use your ears to set up the input? I mean I get it, we all want the true way to set up this...but still TONE IS KING, if tone is good and fills your heart with emotion to play why view a meter if its ok??? go by ear and feel.

What a dumpster fire. @IK Multimedia care to comment?

I think JB wants a business deal, not sure if that’s how FAS operates for modeling artists’ amps.
I wonder how did Joe test those captures from IK, what set up is he using to evaluate the captures. His ears are tuned for vintage analog cranked out amps. This are digital one that will never sound and feel the same if you are expecting the IN THE ROOM experience.

FWIW the release sounds amazing and the amps feel great under the fingers...WITH headphones and studio monitors, in my case.

Why not use your ears to set up the input? I mean I get it, we all want the true way to set up this...but still TONE IS KING, if tone is good and fills your heart with emotion to play why view a meter if its ok??? go by ear and feel.
houston we have a problem!! if you dont have the real amp vs tonex captures how do you know if the tonex capture sound close to the amp?if you never own that amp before

Back