Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

mikah912

Roadie
01114214-wl.jpg

01114214-wl.jpg

Pretty much what I expected them to do. If it ends up being $499, that's a pretty decent price even if it's a good chunk more than the X-series pedals.

Seems there's a built in noise gate, compressor and reverb. That's nice utility value.

I'm definitely interested in putting this at the end of my pedalboard.

Original Page:

Page.png

01114214_1z.jpg

ik_multimedia_xg_pedal_tonex_in_tonex_ai_modelling_multi_fx_1731531.jpg

01114214_4z.jpg

01114214_6z.jpg

Description

TONEX Pedal lets you store and play thousands of the world’s most sought-after amps, cabs and pedals – or your own gear, modeled in minutes.

IK’s ground-breaking AI Machine Modeling technology captures every nuance of any guitar and bass amp, cab or pedal. Choose from an online library of thousands of rre, one-of-a-kind rigs, or use the included TONEX software to literally model your own gear at home on your computer. TONEX Pedal includes 480 Premium Tone Models of your choice plus unlimited access to free user Tone Models, for a limitless supply of sonic inspiration.

In addition to letting you load up to 300 separate Tone Models to use at once, TONEX Pedal also offers IK’s award-winning VIR™ cabinet and mic simulation, a custom IR loader to use your own impulses, plus an advanced noise gate, analog-modeled EQ and compressor, and stereo reverb derived from our award-winning AmpliTube X-TIME pedal.

Made in Italy, TONEX Pedal features a rugged aluminum chassis, 24-bit, 192 kHz processing, massively wide 5 Hz-24 kHz response, and a whisper-quiet 123 dB noise floor. Plus TONEX Pedal also doubles as a 24 bit/96 kHz USB audio interface, so you don’t need any other gear in the studio. And a convenient Editor application makes it easy to explore Tone Models and sync back to TONEX Pedal for never-ending inspiration.

Last edited:
Oh, this will make a splash. It's the product Kemper should've released 5 years ago.

It's amazing that we're finding out through a vendor eagerly updating their listings though.
Small stores always make these sort of mistakes. Nice for us!

I totally agree this is exactly what Kemper should have put out ages ago. I'd buy a similar compact "just amp/cab modeling" box from Fractal any day too. There's a lot of effects pedals that could work just as well as what these companies do, but the amp/cab modeling stuff is unique.

Also if you are wondering what "VIR Tech" is, it's the cab sim with movable mics. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=13016

IK's Volumetric Impulse Response (VIR™) uses 600 IRs per speaker, 1,200 IRs for a 2-speaker cab and 2,400 IRs for a 4-speaker cab, capturing a massive 3D array of mic placement options, plus all the interactions between speakers, cabinet and floor for a completely true-to-life sound.

AmpliTube's movable microphones now truly shine, with an easy-to-use grid that lets you snap to a precise IR point or seamlessly blend between multiple measurements.

Best of all, we've re-measured over 100 cabinets in AmpliTube 5 MAX, refreshing every single cabinet for a massive 143,000 IRs in all.

I would say this is a home run
With amps , drives , reverb
Recording interface and loaded with 300 amps and pedals of YOUR choice , this will cause NDSP some issues
It’s got to be about 899
Made it Italy for 500-600 would be ridiculous

Oh an it has an editor 🙄

I would say this is a home run
With amps , drives , reverb
Recording interface and loaded with 300 amps and pedals of YOUR choice , this will cause NDSP some issues
It’s got to be about 899
Made it Italy for 500-600 would be ridiculous
I wonder if you can do captures on device or if it will be a loader (which is still cool)

I wonder if you can do captures on device or if it will be a loader (which is still cool)

Even if it you can't, IK already has a mature ecosystem available for ToneX. All their pedals are basically built around the idea of taking your desktop sounds on the go, so i expect this box to do the same.

And i don't want to diss it. There's a ton of value on that concept, and it is something pretty much no other brand supports outside perhaps Line 6.

Even if it you can't, IK already has a mature ecosystem available for ToneX. All their pedals are basically built around the idea of taking your desktop sounds on the go, so i expect this box to do the same.

And i don't want to diss it. There's a ton of value on that concept, and it is something pretty much no other brand allows - outside perhaps Line 6.
Yeah I'd rather keep it cheaper tbh so I'm all for that

Wonder what are the available tone
They talk about selecting 400
Do they have like Toneking Imp
Triple crown , Freidman
Is there a list where you select ?

The link mentioned it comes with the ToneX software for your computer, so I say the pedal is for playback only. Which makes total sense to me. Takes a lot of DSP/CPU processing power to make the profiles, next to nothing to play them. Pedal would cost way more if it also profiled.

It’s down on TGP looks like an early jump my guess is not available till Q2

DI totally called it though a week or 2 ago

I have admittedly not followed any ToneX thread til now that there is an upcoming pedal. What kind of level of quality of amp sims are talking here? On par with Fractal? Or is this more like getting a Kemper type profile/capture thing?

I have admittedly not followed any ToneX thread til now that there is an upcoming pedal. What kind of level of quality of amp sims are talking here? On par with Fractal? Or is this more like getting a Kemper type profile/capture thing?
Probably the best sounding of the profilers (Kemper and Quad Cortex) and on par with Fractal in most cases.

Back