Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

$500 was a hard sell for me against just getting an Iridium, UA stuff, or the like. $400 makes more sense… but the size is still awkwardly big.

I guess you could set it up to do three gain stages, and get rid of some drive pedals. But that doesn’t fit in with the pedalboard ethos… I get that they had to reuse their X series hardware, but it just didn’t have to be this big. I think a lot of people will pass this up just cus of that.

$500 was a hard sell for me against just getting an Iridium, UA stuff, or the like. $400 makes more sense… but the size is still awkwardly big.

I guess you could set it up to do three gain stages, and get rid of some drive pedals. But that doesn’t fit in with the pedalboard ethos… I get that they had to reuse their X series hardware, but it just didn’t have to be this big. I think a lot of people will pass this up just cus of that.
Just Add Stomp TM

Whatever the price at launch… IF I ever buy one I’ll wait for the $49.99 holiday sale. :ROFLMAO: Or now that nobody cares about the Kemper Patent, how long until some Chinese pedal maker releases their $99 “Capture/Profiling” Pedal? Maybe I’ll just wait on one of those.

Glad to see I'm not alone on the size either...This thing would be awesome in a mini pedal size with just a knob to pick presets and I/O volumes. MIDI in for Program Change and CC, SPDIF to go in and out of a bigger unit....OR full blown MULTIFX

But I could see this paired with an HX FX at its current size and actually do pretty well

Whatever the price at launch… IF I ever buy one I’ll wait for the $49.99 holiday sale. :ROFLMAO: Or now that nobody cares about the Kemper Patent, how long until some Chinese pedal maker releases their $99 “Capture/Profiling” Pedal? Maybe I’ll just wait on one of those.
Are we sure this even has anythign to do with the Kemper patent? Is Kemper's patent so vague as to be meaningless? Or is this software such a specific copy of what kemper did that it is infringing?

Lets remember, this is IK who YEARS before anyone else, and after years of us pleading to every plugin maker out there, made a harmonizer

The hoi polloi said nobody would ever do it because Eventide had a patent on harmonizers

This was so obviously unenforceable (or every band and orchestra in existence would be in violation) and IK just promplty gave the middle finger and put a true harmonizer in Amplitube

Are we sure this even has anythign to do with the Kemper patent? Is Kemper's patent so vague as to be meaningless? Or is this software such a specific copy of what kemper did that it is infringing?

Lets remember, this is IK who YEARS before anyone else, and after years of us pleading to every plugin maker out there, made a harmonizer

The hoi polloi said nobody would ever do it because Eventide had a patent on harmonizers

This was so obviously unenforceable (or every band and orchestra in existence would be in violation) and IK just promplty gave the middle finger and put a true harmonizer in Amplitube

No idea, but a quick Google search brings these up:

From a post on The Other Forum tm:

TONEX Pedal lets you store and play thousands of the world's most well known amps, cabs and pedals - or your own gear, modeled in minutes. IK's ground-breaking AI Machine Modeling technology captures every nuance of any guitar and bass amp, cab or pedal. Choose from an online library of thousands of rre, one-of-a-kind rigs, or use the included TONEX software to literally model your own gear at home on your computer. TONEX Pedal includes 480 Premium Tone Models of your choice plus unlimited access to free user Tone Models, for a limitless supply of sonic inspiration. In addition to letting you load up to 300 separate Tone Models to use at once, TONEX Pedal also offers IK's award-winning VIR(TM) cabinet and mic simulation, a custom IR loader to use your own impulses, plus an advanced noise gate, analog-modeled EQ and compressor, and stereo reverb derived from our award-winning AmpliTube X-TIME pedal. Made in Italy, TONEX Pedal features a rugged aluminum chassis, 24-bit, 192 kHz processing, massively wide 5 Hz-24 kHz response, and a whisper-quiet 123 dB noise floor. Plus TONEX Pedal also doubles as a 24 bit/96 kHz USB audio interface, so you don't need any other gear in the studio. And a convenient Editor application makes it easy to explore Tone Models and sync back to TONEX Pedal for never-ending inspiration

This and my Helix ... yep. Thanks very much. I'll make captures of my real world amps, my favourite Axe FX III amps+cab combinations, and have it all on a pedalboard with Helix and a bunch of ToneX's. Pleaaaasssseeee IK... don't f**k up the patch-switching lag/latency/gap of silence stuff!!!
Oh my.....

Put it in the fx loop for amp duties with midi switching per preset on the helix...

I'll be right back... I have to go to the bathroom

Oh my.....

Put it in the fx loop for amp duties with midi switching per preset on the helix...

I'll be right back... I have to go to the bathroom

Lots of tongue-in-cheek comments about this product being an existencial threat to the QC, i know.

But, at $500? You can buy the ToneX, an FX/Midi box (think HX Stomp XL, or HX Effects), pedalboard, cables, and still pay roughly half of what a QC or FM9 would set you back. It will make an impact.

Last edited:
Back