Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

The sides glow for some reason:
kO45haS.png
CN3wcmk.png
It’s the souls of 300 tubes, imprisoned for all eternity.

I almost feel sorry for NDSP
Could not happen to a nicer group of people 🙄

I think they will all coexist but the competition will be tougher, because now people who only intend to download captures have a more reasonably priced option and are not tied to a computer.

edit:
Of course there is no routing chain flexibility or other features of a full blown modeler that can also capture, so my guess is Kemper will feel it first because it doesn't have these features to begin with.

Last edited:
Only thing is that it doesn't have an effects loop, which since it's just the amp, doesn't really need, BUT......if you want to play with headphones, it'll be an issue. Outside of that, it's pretty perfect. $499 is a deal, I think. Especially since it's got an IR loader.

Of course there is no routing chain flexibility or other features of a full blown modeler that can also capture, so my guess is Kemper will feel it first because it doesn't have these features to begin with.
This. ToneX vs. QC is apples and oranges.

I may very well want a ToneX pedal sooner or later, but it doesn't have me feeling any buyer's remorse about my QC.

I think they will all coexist but the competition will be tougher, because now people who only intend to download captures have a more reasonably priced option and are not tied to a computer.

edit:
I think the deal here is that the ToneX is cheap enough that for the price difference between that and a QC or Kemper you can buy a pretty good pile of pedals to accommodate the stuff the ToneX doesn't do. Sure it's larger than a QC, but I think many will value that "pick what you need and prefer" approach over waiting and hoping for these boxes to get the models/captures you want.

What I like most is it simplicity
Looks like it functions in a similar way as the other X series
And it has amp controls right at you fingers , probably not a lot of menu diving to get a good tone

What I like most is it simplicity
Looks like it functions in a similar way as the other X series
And it has amp controls right at you fingers , probably not a lot of menu diving to get a good tone
The potential pitfall here is picking the captures to use. With hundreds on offer, some of them will be crap, some of them will be great. We'll see if it's arranged in some way more sensibly than the ToneX software.

The potential pitfall here is picking the captures to use. With hundreds on offer, some of them will be crap, some of them will be great. We'll see if it's arranged in some way more sensibly than the ToneX software.
Agreed that always the problem with to much choice , it like irs
In the FAS stuff , no one goes through 2000+ Irs
That’s why I just went York
They sound great , as his producers mixes sound better than what I do

make it a Modelling floor platform, add 3 more switches, put the same I/O as a FM3
that could interest me very much

01114214-wl.jpg

Pretty much what I expected them to do.
Agree. Anyone who is following IK's MO knew this was already in the pipe.

Given how well ToneX works I expect this to have huge upside. At the price point, I think Kemper is officially on notice and Neural will have to up their game to keep the QC flying off the shelves at $1800 a pop; seeing as how captures are really their primary selling point given the holes still left in their original target feature set.

There's probably room for multiple amp capture products but this'll take a bite for sure.

Next logical step would be a full blown AT/ToneX Modeler/MFX if this really takes off big.

Last edited:
Back