Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

@IK Multimedia Aren't you supposed to knock off the EU Vat when someone from Norway(Non EU)is buying from your website?
I'm used to all other websites in EU doing it, so confused why you aren't.
I checked with our sales manager from the Italian office (from where you'd be ordering) and he says Norwegians don't pay VAT on our site. Are you logged in with an account that has Norway properly set as your country? Also, please note that 399.99 is the price before VAT is added.

So did some (exhaustive) "testing" today.

1. Tone-X amp only profiles into BL return into 4x12. With real drives up front.
2. Tone-X amp only profiles into HX Stomp. 4CM and up front. IR and pre/post fx. Into my SS power amp and F12 1x12.
3. Tone-X amp only profiles into FM9. 4CM and up front. IR and pre/post fx. Into my SS power amp and F12 1x12.
4. Tone-X as an IR loader. with Stomp providing amp modeling.
5. Tone-X amp + cab profile into Stomp. Real drives up front.
6. Tone-X amp + cab profile into FM9. Real drives up front.

"Results"
1. Legendary. Chef's kiss. Sweet baby jesus.
2. Phenomenal. Though not as sold on baked in drives up front. Not bad but didn't find anything that caught my ear near as much as the FAS or (especially) real drives.
3. Phenomenal. Got some excellent FAS drive/Tone-X combos out of the deal.
4. Solid. Don't like the onboard interface and the IR is still just a touch quieter. Much better since the last update, level wise. I probably wouldn't bother using it for this purpose; but it's do-able.
5. Fantastic.
6. Fantastic.

I am not as sold on onboard pedal controls/interface and I am not as sold on it if I were someone wanting to 124 captures of my amp in one sitting as my capture sessions are still spotty on the success side of things. That being said; a couple of primo caps with some analog drives up front and a digital back end for post-fx is ridiculously compelling.

1. Tone-X amp only profiles into BL return into 4x12. With real drives up front.
2. Tone-X amp only profiles into HX Stomp. 4CM and up front. IR and pre/post fx. Into my SS power amp and F12 1x12.
3. Tone-X amp only profiles into FM9. 4CM and up front. IR and pre/post fx. Into my SS power amp and F12 1x12.

"Results"
2. Phenomenal. Though not as sold on baked in drives up front. Not bad but didn't find anything that caught my ear near as much as the FAS or (especially) real drives.
4. Solid. Don't like the onboard interface and the IR is still just a touch quieter. Much better since the last update, level wise. I probably wouldn't bother using it for this purpose; but it's do-able.
5. Fantastic.
6. Fantastic.

I am not as sold on onboard pedal controls/interface and I am not as sold on it if I were someone wanting to 124 captures of my amp in one sitting as my capture sessions are still spotty on the success side of things. That being said; a couple of primo caps with some analog drives up front and a digital back end for post-fx is ridiculously compelling.

Nice! Love the orderly approach and assessment. (Though “testing“ sounds very Gasp100… :grin)

What ss power amp are you using?

Nice! Love the orderly approach and assessment. (Though “testing“ sounds very Gasp100… :grin)

What ss power amp are you using?
Camplifier. Holdover from my Kemper daze. It can do 180 watts @8ohms. Not body liquifying but very loud in the room.

"Results"
5. Fantastic.
6. Fantastic.

Where does "fantastic" fit on your scale? Legendary>phenomenal>fantastic>solid?

Interesting. 180W at 8ohm is what my ISP Stealth P can do, which yes, is very loud but still not that oomph and bigness of a 90W/100W Mesa.
I wish I could run it at 4ohms into my 412 to remove the BL from the "testing" equation altogether. Alas; I can't. The Camplifier is one of those you screw into the back of Kemper so I am pretty much stuck with it for life :hmm

I wish I could run it at 4ohms into my 412 to remove the BL from the "testing" equation altogether. Alas; I can't. The Camplifier is one of those you screw into the back of Kemper so I am pretty much stuck with it for life :hmm

Right.

Just asking because, as you know, I’ve been on a ss pwr amp + Mesa cab + FM9 kick lately.

And I’ve come to realize I probably need the power of the Matrix 800/1000 in order to have something comparable to my 90W Mesa.

180W ss is definitely useable but nowhere near as much fun.

Anyway, back to the ToneX “testing”… very cool to hear your results.

I assume your BL captures are amp only? (ie. not removing a cab from the capture afterward)

Right.

Just asking because, as you know, I’ve been on a ss pwr amp + Mesa cab + FM9 kick lately.

And I’ve come to realize I probably need the power of the Matrix 800/1000 in order to have something comparable to my 90W Mesa.

180W ss is definitely useable but nowhere near as much fun.

Anyway, back to the ToneX “testing”… very cool to hear your results.

I assume your BL captures are amp only? (ie. not removing a cab from the capture afterward)
I have my one amp only cap, a preset that I made from that cap with some sweetened settings, and a cap of grid Slammer into amp into IR. It's pretty MetalZone city in standard but drop tuned it cuts quite nicely.

Well, it's going to be a little longer until I get my Tonex pedal. I decided to get an Amped 1 to replace my SD Powerstage 200 first. If it works out the way I hope, it gives me a very light weight power amp to go with my Synergy modules, with more flavor than the SD. I don't expect it to sound as good as my 5153's power amp, but if it's somewhere in between that and the SD, (hopefully more on the 5153 side) I'll have that part set. And if it's as good as hope, I think it will give me a way to do silent captures of the synergy stuff.

@IK Multimedia - Something that would be useful is MIDI control for the Global TRIM IN. If you’re using more than one guitar, say a humbucker and a single coil, and want to adjust the trim having to do it using the pedal menus is pretty cumbersome.

Back