Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

"You see, IK; @la szum and I have a storied history of good natured back and forth color commentary regarding Blackstar amps, King's X and many other riveting subject matters!"
As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is your caps lock key is stuck forever. @JiveTurkey has already claimed third prize.

So here's what I would say.....

Asking people to compare ToneX to their component modelling platform is a bit .. I dunno... if I squint and read that sentence, it kinda makes sense. What I can say is, I've got Diezel VH4 captures with ToneX that I enjoy more than the Diezel VH4 models on the Axe3. That's not because the Axe3 is in anyway sub-par. It's because the ToneX captures are my particular VH4. Other people might think the captures are shit, and that is fine... they can just go fuck themselves. :rofl

But suuuuuuuuuuurrreeeelllyyyyyy the most appropriate comparison is against Kemper and Quad Cortex? Surely we can all agree on that?! If not, I'm not sure what we can really discuss. To me, it's the only comparison that makes sense.

Many of us enjoy ToneX because it gives us better results than Kemper and QC ever did, and in the case of QC, it means we don't have to support a shitty company. I'd happily support Kemper if they had a better unit on the market. I've been using IK Multimedia products since I was a teenager with Amplitube 1, but that doesn't mean I'm automatically biased towards them. I'd say if I thought ToneX were shit, you know I would based on my history.

What I think we all need to really get into our stupid waterlogged weed-addled musician brains is this.....

Most people buy an amp modeller or profiler for one thing - accuracy when compared to a real valve amp that they're too old and frail to carry anymore. Why hit the gym and improve yourself when you can buy a 3 switch pedal that'll allow you to continue to be an utter donut eating slob?

BRB. Gotta get more donuts.

So here's what I would say.....

Asking people to compare ToneX to their component modelling platform is a bit .. I dunno... if I squint and read that sentence, it kinda makes sense. What I can say is, I've got Diezel VH4 captures with ToneX that I enjoy more than the Diezel VH4 models on the Axe3. That's not because the Axe3 is in anyway sub-par. It's because the ToneX captures are my particular VH4. Other people might think the captures are s**t, and that is fine... they can just go f**k themselves. :rofl

But suuuuuuuuuuurrreeeelllyyyyyy the most appropriate comparison is against Kemper and Quad Cortex? Surely we can all agree on that?! If not, I'm not sure what we can really discuss. To me, it's the only comparison that makes sense.

Many of us enjoy ToneX because it gives us better results than Kemper and QC ever did, and in the case of QC, it means we don't have to support a sh*tty company. I'd happily support Kemper if they had a better unit on the market. I've been using IK Multimedia products since I was a teenager with Amplitube 1, but that doesn't mean I'm automatically biased towards them. I'd say if I thought ToneX were s**t, you know I would based on my history.

What I think we all need to really get into our stupid waterlogged weed-addled musician brains is this.....

Most people buy an amp modeller or profiler for one thing - accuracy when compared to a real valve amp that they're too old and frail to carry anymore. Why hit the gym and improve yourself when you can buy a 3 switch pedal that'll allow you to continue to be an utter donut eating slob?

BRB. Gotta get more donuts.
The nitpick people have is the Tone-X being a single part of the whole chain vs. the other two being the whole chain. My capturing issues duly noted; results are fantastic.

Yup. And let's not forget the CAPS LOCK KEY added into today with a +3dB boost around 1200Hz. :idk
Ok Ill Stop Grinning GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

I've made nothing but grammar revisions today, including what Gearzilla thought I'd added later which was always in there.
I definitely didn’t notice it my first time through or I wouldn’t have bothered commenting to IK Multimedia.

I will say you’ve interjected the Kemper is good enough for anyone a bit lately.

To me it’s a discussion Forum and people should speak their minds— including the Manufacturers.

Of course not everyone is going to be in agreement all the time.

It’s okay. We’re all adults here.

It’s only gear. When it’s about the gear….

I told you guys I got booted from the Kemper beta team right? For being too complimentary to the Quad Cortex at the time. Ohhhhhhhh how f*****g laughable that is now!! :rofl
What's left to do to it at this point? At the risk of re-opening a conversation :oops: it's a pretty mature product at this point. I don't mean that in a detrimental way at all.

Back