Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I just don't care about the "the audience won't hear a difference" and "you'll never hear it in a mix" type arguments. If I can hear a difference, then that is enough, yknow?

The Muppet Show Yes GIF by Muppet Wiki

Clap Good Job GIF by Team Coco

I'm a professional audio engineer and these 2% differences across every vector of the recording chain, they matter to me. Add them all up, and it makes a difference to the final product.

Well, the question being whether those differences are actually making things sound worse. Amp doesn't sound like the original? So what, as long as it sounds great.

In the Kemper case, yes - profiles are noticeable worth.

Apart from the typo (I assume...), I'm not sure whether I'd agree. No, I never owned a Kemper, but I have been comparing the mic'ed up, isolated originals against their profiles a number of times - and while I noticed differences here and there, I wouldn't necessarily say they were worse. Add to this the excellent picking/definition parameters of the KPA and you could sometimes even improve the original.

Apart from the typo (I assume...), I'm not sure whether I'd agree. No, I never owned a Kemper, but I have been comparing the mic'ed up, isolated originals against their profiles a number of times - and while I noticed differences here and there, I wouldn't necessarily say they were worse. Add to this the excellent picking/definition parameters of the KPA and you could sometimes even improve the original.
No offense but I'd trust @Orvillain who has owned one and completed extensive testing

So after a couple of bad starts; weird where results are quiet and gross...

Upped the Tone-X app output level to 6db. Full capture sounds pretty balanced. Doing another run without the cabinet and adjusting some levels. We'll see where we are.

I was pretending to have a lisp.

I can use my PS100 to do a capture of my Fireball right? Would be cool to not have to buy a RL box.

I can use my PS100 to do a capture of my Fireball right? Would be cool to not have to buy a RL box.
Absolutely. You don't even need to turn on the PS100. Just plug the amp to the Amp in and the line out to your audio interface.

Make sure the reactive load switches are set to up or middle so it isn't just a resistive load.

Absolutely. You don't even need to turn on the PS100. Just plug the amp to the Amp in and the line out to your audio interface.

Make sure the reactive load switches are set to up or middle so it isn't just a resistive load.

So just take the line out from the PS100, and run it into one of the inputs of my Scarlett interface?

I’m assuming I need to take an output from the Scarlett and run it into an input of the amp?

Scarlett Output to Amp Input?
Amp Speaker Out to PS100 Amp In
PS100 Line Out to Scarlett Input 1
Guitar to Scarlett Input 2

Something like that?

Yeah, the Edge setting on the PS100 makes the Impedance Curve look more like a real speaker in a cabinet, according to my measurements.

Yeah when using the FB with the PS100 I always set those to Edge and Deep even with my cab. Will def capture with those engaged.

So just take the line out from the PS100, and run it into one of the inputs of my Scarlett interface?

I’m assuming I need to take an output from the Scarlett and run it into an input of the amp?

Scarlett Output to Amp Input?
Amp Speaker Out to PS100 Amp In
PS100 Line Out to Scarlett Input 1
Guitar to Scarlett Input 2

Something like that?

Yeah exactly like that. Make sure those ins and outs are muted on the Focusrite Control Center so you are not direct monitoring them.

Back