Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I wouldn't bother with artificial cab removal. I'd always be wondering if it sounds right, etc. I'd stick to profiles/captures/tone models that are amp-only.

That being said, I'm so sick of seeing Tone X stuff everywhere I look, I'm fixing to never buy one, ever.

If I see one in real life, I'm going to chuck it out the damn window.

Mad Stephanie Beatriz GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Alright I take back almost every word. (Almost) The app makes sense again after you realize you cant mod the preset directly from the app like an editor. I disabled cabs in like 5 seconds from the pedal before I saw IK mercifully step in here to show me the way. :ROFLMAO:

Caps into PS100 + 412 :chef

Not gonna lie here, so far I'm absolutely impressed by the capturing quailty. The Leo Gibson video is only proving what I already thought.
So far, I think that this, along with a handful of selected pedals, will become my guitar recording setup once I got everything rearranged (need to save some money for a new computer first, fortunately I'm not in a hurry). Very likely won't find a way into any live setup for some already mentioned reasons, but as a recording tool, it'll be tough to beat.

I've been saying more or less for months that I thought ToneX kicked the Kempers and QC's ass. It really is the top dog for capturing/profiling/friedman IP theft, on the block.

I'm gonna get one, and I'm thinking about trading in my H90 for an FM3, or possibly even an FM9, and whacking both on a board and calling it done.

I'm gonna get one, and I'm thinking about trading in my H90 for an FM3, or possibly even an FM9, and whacking both on a board and calling it done.

Really wish I could do that, but for the aforementioned reasons (nature of most of my gigs), I'd at least need two Tonexes on my board - and given that my current live setup simply sounds fantastic, there's very little reasons to go that far.

Alright I take back almost every word. (Almost) The app makes sense again after you realize you cant mod the preset directly from the app like an editor. I disabled cabs in like 5 seconds from the pedal before I saw IK mercifully step in here to show me the way. :ROFLMAO:
Which I'd say is another UI blunder if it's hard to understand what is actually happening. I think most are used to having a computer editor actually edit the pedal as well.

I couldn't hold off any longer, ordered last night. $299 is hard to resist.

This could be the beginning of the end of my Kemper, or the end of the beginning.

Or not, lol. I would have to buy a power amp and a cab if I sold it. I have a camplifier screwed in to the back of my toaster, which powers my Kabinet, and I've been using it with the Tonex plug-in via simple cable reroute. I can continue to use it with the pedal l/r routed to my interface.

Guess we'll see, but if I can get a reasonable amount for toaster w/camplifier and Kabinet I just might free myself!

Which I'd say is another UI blunder if it's hard to understand what is actually happening. I think most are used to having a computer editor actually edit the pedal as well.

I think when dealing with the pedal, you need to think along the lines of a Kemper - hence only using the app as a "pedal loader".

I couldn't hold off any longer, ordered last night. $299 is hard to resist.

This could be the beginning of the end of my Kemper, or the end of the beginning.

Or not, lol. I would have to buy a power amp and a cab if I sold it. I have a camplifier screwed in to the back of my toaster, which powers my Kabinet, and I've been using it with the Tonex plug-in via simple cable reroute. I can continue to use it with the pedal l/r routed to my interface.

Guess we'll see, but if I can get a reasonable amount for toaster w/camplifier and Kabinet I just might free myself!
That price is just too good. Even if you don't actually "need" it.:bag

Yeah. I wasn’t expecting to be able to edit BMT for presets on the pedal from the ToneX app, but I assumed you could remove cabs. I think the poster above that said approach it like a “loader” is right.

A couple things I think that would immensely help:
  • Have search bars above each column. So if I want to search for users I use the search bar above that column. I personally don’t want to see amps or presets that might have a similar name to the user I’m searching for.
  • Eliminate the auto “re-search” after deleting a search entry. When you search for something it populates the matches. When you go to remove the search parameter, it will search again based on the blank entry. (Which I think just returns the latest profiles) So essentially searching for two things requires three searches.
    • Search: J_Turkey
    • Remove J_Turkey, app now auto searches the blank entry
    • Search: Laxu
    • This doesn’t seem like much, but it adds up when you’re on a content hunt and have to pause 3-5 seconds to let the auto search of the blank entry finish every time.

Yeah. I wasn’t expecting to be able to edit BMT for presets on the pedal from the ToneX app, but I assumed you could remove cabs. I think the poster above that said approach it like a “loader” is right.

A couple things I think that would immensely help:
  • Have search bars above each column. So if I want to search for users I use the search bar above that column. I personally don’t want to see amps or presets that might have a similar name to the user I’m searching for.
  • Eliminate the auto “re-search” after deleting a search entry. When you search for something it populates the matches. When you go to remove the search parameter, it will search again based on the blank entry. (Which I think just returns the latest profiles) So essentially searching for two things requires three searches.
    • Search: J_Turkey
    • Remove J_Turkey, app now auto searches the blank entry
    • Search: Laxu
    • This doesn’t seem like much, but it adds up when you’re on a content hunt and have to pause 3-5 seconds to let the auto search of the blank entry finish every time.
I think unified single search bars are better, they just need to be smart enough to understand what you are searching for or let you give qualifiers like say "user: Laxu" to narrow it down.

Check if you are on the latest version of the app because it already works like you'd prefer - as long as you don't hit the clear search button. You can instead click on the search term and type another one to replace it and then hit Enter.

I think unified single search bars are better, they just need to be smart enough to understand what you are searching for or let you give qualifiers like say "user: Laxu" to narrow it down.

Check if you are on the latest version of the app because it already works like you'd prefer - as long as you don't hit the clear search button. You can instead click on the search term and type another one to replace it and then hit Enter.

I haven’t been replacing/overwriting the search term. Just deleting first, which triggers a search without hitting enter.

Pretty sure I’m on the latest version of the app, I downloaded it yesterday.

Back