Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

If we’re talking about captures of signal chains with both OD and amp, then Kemper can do that as well. But maybe I’m misunderstanding? If you want to run two separate captures in series - one of OD and one of amp, and mix and match - I believe only QC will get you there right now.
This is what I'm talking about.

If we’re talking about one capture of a signal chain comprised of both OD and amp, then Kemper can do that as well.

Well no, they're not coming out accurately - at least pretty often they aren't. It's also recommended by Mr. Kemper himself that you just capture the amp without any compressors and drives. The reason possibly being that the Kemper profiling process is based on a bunch of baseline amp models with matching EQs inserted at (quite?) some places whereas the neural networking way of capturing will digest pretty much anything you're feeding it with (which would possibly also explain why it's taking a lot longer to take a capture).

Last edited:
So just started an advanced capture. Gulp. I'm going to need an attenuator as my Behringer DI with attenuation isn't attenuating :oops: :rofl

It's creating the network now. We'll see how long that takes...

And @JiveTurkey was captured by the ToneX assimilated fully into hardware form. He languished his remaining days till obsolescence apart from his beloved Boss IR's which had been captured at too low of volume to be of use or comfort.
Weight Loss Meme GIF by Smart For Life

Ignore the text

One thing I gotta say after reading through these threads and the one over at TheOtherPlace, @IK Multimedia, I hope you have someone in your office tossing Xanax into your mouth like dog treats every hour for the next several weeks and as long as you haven’t had too many doggie treat xanax’s, pour yourself a good, stiff drink or 10 tonight.

One thing I gotta say after reading through these threads and the one over at TheOtherPlace, @IK Multimedia, I hope you have someone in your office tossing Xanax into your mouth like dog treats every hour for the next several weeks and as long as you haven’t had too many doggie treat xanax’s, pour yourself a good, stiff drink or 10 tonight.
Threads like a mufug poppin'! So that's good I'd think?

Just got an error twice after launching model training section
bQpNuZV.jpg

@IK Multimedia any thoughts on this?
Weird, I've never seen that one (not even reported) that I recall. Must need more xanax - or the preferred options (see below). Seems to be hitting a brick wall when trying to use your graphics card processing power. Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card/chipset installed? Beyond that I'd say IK Support is your best hope.
I function on a steady stream of coffee, energy drinks, Coke (Coca-Cola... ahem) Zero, and Lagavulin. :crazy
:rofl:banana:beer:rawk:popcorn

Weird, I've never seen that one (not even reported) that I recall. Must need more xanax - or the preferred options (see below). Seems to be hitting a brick wall when trying to use your graphics card processing power. Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card/chipset installed? Beyond that I'd say IK Support is your best hope.

I function on a steady stream of coffee, energy drinks, Coke (Coca-Cola... ahem) Zero, and Lagavulin. :crazy
:rofl:banana:beer:rawk:popcorn
There was an Intel video driver enabled. I disabled it in case it was causing a conflict and i am double checking invidia drivers now. Fingers crossed!

So....

Great success. Generally speaking? Profiled the BL Crunch channel. Exactly how I have it set at gigs (only on 25 watt setting because my attenuation options right now are non-existent). Took me about 45-1 hour for the Modeling training to finish? Tops? Pretty pleased on that as I was expecting 5 hour Ola results.

Due to my monitoring situation; I couldn't adjust the resulting gain and do a back and forth after the training completed. I threw caution to the wind and kept it as it was. The profile itself is a little less gainy and just a hair thinner than what it sounds like in reality. I took a direct tap off my Behringer DI so I am sure that had something to do with that.

Tried it through my F12 with one of the Boss IRs that imported. Quiet and weird frequency; kind of like how IRs sounded strange when importing into the GT1000 when it first came out? Ran the Tone-X into my Stomp and had it host my IRs and goddamn :chef:chef:chef

Hit it with my IRL drives and it was more of the chef kiss. Turned up the capture gain itself and it juiced up quite nicely :guinessRan it through my 412 with G12-100s and it was more of the :satan

Super pleased with the results. I will definitely be grabbing some more captures with this. As irritating as using the other portions of software are with the pedal; I am that happy with the capture. Very nice and I will be doing more \m/

Dumb question now that everything is put away for quiet time :bag

Are the defaults for each parameter of a capture at 5? If I go to adjust BMT or Gain or wtfever; is 5 the profile default value then you add or subtract from there? Doesn't seem as quick to go nuts as the Kemper is when you start really altering gain/eq structures.

Back