Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Website's down. Did anyone catch the I/O on it?
When I looked only the one photo already posted was shown. So no idea.

Yeah, it was pretty barebones - only price, photo, and a description text. No details on the I/O.

Screenshot 2023-01-25 181737.jpg

Found a low-res pic:
U9OPPDp.png

Looks like...
Mono input (unless it's TRS stereo)
Stereo output (cus reverb I guess)
Headphone output
MIDI In/Out
Some External control? Reverb/Comp on/off?
USB
Power
Ext control on the X-series pedals is for expression pedals.

TRS stereo input would be nice but not really necessary.

This definitely has my interest. Ideally my “non-modelling” pedalboard would have this on there, so I had the option of using the board with an amp or just going direct with this, I’d have to figure out how to route everything to make that full do-able. The lack of stereo-ins doesn’t make it the best item to go at the end of a pedalboard, but there are always workarounds.

I’m glad they kept effects to a minimum, I’d ultimately prefer JUST amps, but I’m definitely not bothered by what little is there. I’m going to have to play with ToneX a bit more, I haven’t loaded it up since that first day.

This definitely has my interest. Ideally my “non-modelling” pedalboard would have this on there, so I had the option of using the board with an amp or just going direct with this, I’d have to figure out how to route everything to make that full do-able. The lack of stereo-ins doesn’t make it the best item to go at the end of a pedalboard, but there are always workarounds.

I’m glad they kept effects to a minimum, I’d ultimately prefer JUST amps, but I’m definitely not bothered by what little is there. I’m going to have to play with ToneX a bit more, I haven’t loaded it up since that first day.
Smack dab in the middle!

I still haven't managed to convince myself I like it, but I've mostly been fiddling around with the free content on the iOS version. People are raving about its accuracy, so its got to be user error on my part.

Back