Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Sweet baby jesus this software is cluttered dog poop.
I spent some time with the free Tonex app over the weekend. The UI could use some help :)

But I found some killer tones. You already know about Deadpan's stuff. Ola has a IICP into his Badlander's FX return that is really nice. I had to replace his cab with an IR that I already know and love and then slight presence adjustment was all it took.

Also found a couple of JJ100 ones that I really liked. And there's a bunch more out there. Sorting thru them seems crazy but the audition process is really not bad. Then probably find some you like and then check out the others by the same person.

I love the idea of making my own profiles.

I spent some time with the free Tonex app over the weekend. The UI could use some help :)

But I found some killer tones. You already know about Deadpan's stuff. Ola has a IICP into his Badlander's FX return that is really nice. I had to replace his cab with an IR that I already know and love and then slight presence adjustment was all it took.

Also found a couple of JJ100 ones that I really liked. And there's a bunch more out there. Sorting thru them seems crazy but the audition process is really not bad. Then probably find some you like and then check out the others by the same person.

I love the idea of making my own profiles.
All of this is a complete cluster for me. There is no auditioning process currently working. I have to drag and drop presets and save over existing ones for the pedal to use them. Trying to switch cab models on an existing preset isn't working either. Trying to import external presets is completely idiotic as well. Little bit of a learning curve that isn't working or serving me zero purpose at the moment. Anymore; I am boomer af when it comes to this type of gear.

Awww man, missed my chance last week and none of the discount coupons are working anymore :cry:
The TONEX MAX users' $/€100 off coupon is still working. You must apply it when it appears in your cart but if you have TONEX MAX and log in to the IK site you will see the $/€100 off code in your cart.

So I see my IRs in the Librarian. Can I not bring that IR into an existing preset and replace the cab that is included in that preset?

There's a player tab. There's a modeler tab. There's a librarian tab. The player tab doesn't appear to communicate with the pedal at all. I can make changes in that interface but nothing happens on the actual pedal itself. It's like someone tried to massively (and messily) spruce up the Atomic Amplifire editor without making sure it works.

Obviously it must work. But I am missing something on my end.

So I see my IRs in the Librarian. Can I not bring that IR into an existing preset and replace the cab that is included in that preset?
I don't have access to the librarian yet. What works for me is (in the Tonex App) clicking on Cab up at the top; it brings up a huge list of cabs. on the left hand side click the + next to Custom IR and navigate to your IR directory. you seem to have to add them one at a time which is a pain, but it works.

Edit: for me this is in the Player tab.

The TONEX MAX users' $/€100 off coupon is still working. You must apply it when it appears in your cart but if you have TONEX MAX and log in to the IK site you will see the $/€100 off code in your cart.

Thanks for reaching out! I'm not currently a ToneX MAX owner, but i did have a number of (other) coupons which were working mid-last week and won't anymore. Serves me well for hesitating...

I forgot about all the additional EMI sound my 1070Ti makes when my guitar pick ups are facing the computer. Crap! Gonna have to move some stuff around.

I don't have access to the librarian yet. What works for me is (in the Tonex App) clicking on Cab up at the top; it brings up a huge list of cabs. on the left hand side click the + next to Custom IR and navigate to your IR directory. you seem to have to add them one at a time which is a pain, but it works.

Edit: for me this is in the Player tab.
I see the cabs in the Tone-X app. I see the 2 IRs I imported into the app. Nothing I select in the app changes on the device itself. The Librarian (and the other 2 tabs) are in the Tone-X app.

The librarian tab appears to be what you want for interacting with the pedal
You can select presets in that. That is it from what I see. There doesn't appear to be any sort of "editor" baked into the Tone-X app. Unless I am completely dumb and I could certainly be completely dumb atm.

You can select presets in that. That is it from what I see. There doesn't appear to be any sort of "editor" baked into the Tone-X app. Unless I am completely dumb and I could certainly be completely dumb atm.
I don't have mine yet but I would use the player to audition captures and then load them in via the librarian. As far as an editor, I'm not sure...maybe do the editing in the player?

I haven't explored this but I believe there are two modes, Live and interface. You are probably in live.

I haven't explored this but I believe there are two modes, Live and interface. You are probably in live.
It's in Live mode. I have an interface. I would think Live mode would be the mode to use for actually playing captures and working with the pedal?

From all I know, you need to "finish" your preset in the app and can only then drag it into the device (I think John Cordy's video explains the process). There doesn't seem to be a straight editor mode as with other modelers yet.

Back