Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Without. I think? I have a clean tone and a dirty tone dialed in. Then hit it with a variety of boosts. I have my direct box ready. The first capture (and related configuration annoyances) is going to tell me how much I do or don't regret my purchase.
Play it through JT Industries & Boss collab IRs as usual?

For the life of me I cannot figure out how to listen to the audio samples in that App lol

Regarding the capturing process, anyone with any real life experience using an M1/M2 CPU equipped Macbook or Macbook Air? I'd really like to know how long that takes (at highest quality).

One thing worth noting. There is not boot time. Instant on.
The very first time I plugged mine in, there was an approx. 5 second delay before the display came up, with a nasty “pop” into my (very) live monitors. I thought, “Oh, that’s going to get old fast”, but as you say, it’s been nearly instant since. I guess it had to run some sort of initial diagnostic or setup the first time it was turned on from its factory state?

For posterity's sake, that was me, and i didn't mean "good enough" as in sonic qualities - from what i've gathered, ToneX hangs with up there with the top dogs, and it's possibly the best sounding of the bunch.

I was addressing the "the QC does more than ToneX" crowd out there. Yeah, it does... but most people won't need ToneX to in the first place. Specially given the $1500 price tag difference (!!!) between the two units.
In my personal opinion, anybody who only needed the functionality of a ToneX pedal but was prepared to drop $1800 on a QC, had to have been out of their minds - even before the ToneX was available. Or maybe just way wealthier than me LOL.

In my personal opinion, anybody who only needed the functionality of a ToneX pedal but was prepared to drop $1800 on a QC, had to have been out of their minds - even before the ToneX was available. Or maybe just way wealthier than me LOL.
I dont use a lot of the functionality of the Fractal gear. I just need to be able switch cleanly between my various tones. But for me the quality of the tones is well worth the price of admission,

I dont use a lot of the functionality of the Fractal gear. I just need to be able switch cleanly between my various tones. But for me the quality of the tones is well worth the price of admission,
Sure, and if that’s the only product that gets you the tones and functionality you need, and you can afford it, then that’s what you should be using.

I just keep circling around to this point that the low cost of the ToneX doesn’t make the QC non-viable, just because the ToneX happens to do 1 or 2 of the dozens of things the QC does at a fraction of the price. Nobody (in their right minds) was buying an entire QC solely for (single) capture playback in the first place.

It’s easier to just say “apples and oranges”, but even I’m getting tired of reading that. :D A better point of reference: I now own ToneX, and I’m still really glad I have the QC.

Sure, and if that’s the only product that gets you the tones and functionality you need, and you can afford it, then that’s what you should be using.

I just keep circling around to this point that the low cost of the ToneX doesn’t make the QC non-viable, just because the ToneX happens to do 1 or 2 of the dozens of things the QC does at a fraction of the price. Nobody (in their right minds) was buying an entire QC solely for (single) capture playback in the first place.

It’s easier to just say “apples and oranges”, but even I’m getting tired of reading that. :D A better point of reference: I now own ToneX, and I’m still really glad I have the QC.
What do you think of the sounds so far? I wont get mine until Tuesday. I am excited to see if I can use it to gig.

I think the big thing is that people were constantly harping on Kemper (or someone dear satan please) releasing a "pedal sized" profile player. It's here now and that's pretty damn cool.

What do you think of the sounds so far? I wont get mine until Tuesday. I am excited to see if I can use it to gig.
You’ve got to judge a device like this on how it sounds with its best content loaded, and on that basis it sounds killer. Completely insane for the $$$. However, there are plenty of “meh” tones interspersed with the good stuff, and the content doesn’t seem to be in any identifiable order. Which is problematic when you throw in cutesy lawsuit repellant naming and an 8 character display. :(

tl;dr:
Sounds AWESOME.
Content: dog’s breakfast
UI: Bad. Just bad. Could have been vastly improved with just a few moments additional thought, and probably no additional cost.

You’ve got to judge a device like this on how it sounds with its best content loaded, and on that basis it sounds killer. Completely insane for the $$$. However, there are plenty of “meh” tones interspersed with the good stuff, and the content doesn’t seem to be in any identifiable order. Which is problematic when you throw in cutesy lawsuit repellant naming and an 8 character display. :(

tl;dr:
Sounds AWESOME.
Content: dog’s breakfast
UI: Bad. Just bad. Could have been vastly improved with just a few moments additional thought, and probably no additional cost.
Are there moles to be whacked yet?
200.gif

I think the big thing is that people were constantly harping on Kemper (or someone dear satan please) releasing a "pedal sized" profile player. It's here now and that's pretty damn cool.
I was one of those people, and I absolutely agree. But let’s not start pretending that there’s no market for all-in-one products, or worse, that the ToneX is one.

I was one of those people, and I absolutely agree. But let’s not start pretending that there’s no market for all-in-one products, or worse, that the ToneX is one.
Certainly. My tracking has flip flopped from Wednesday to Monday to Tuesday currently back to Monday again. Be cool if today was actually the day :nails

Back