Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Without. I think? I have a clean tone and a dirty tone dialed in. Then hit it with a variety of boosts. I have my direct box ready. The first capture (and related configuration annoyances) is going to tell me how much I do or don't regret my purchase.
How long does the complex capture route take these days....or is it PC dependent

Without. I think? I have a clean tone and a dirty tone dialed in. Then hit it with a variety of boosts. I have my direct box ready. The first capture (and related configuration annoyances) is going to tell me how much I do or don't regret my purchase.

I’m doing mine without. Hoping these are under an hour to make. If they turn out well I may ditch the Kemper.

Oi! Australia wants a word mate.

I’ll agree to shared custody.
tut tut tut... you colonials...

maxresdefault.jpg

Advanced training is about 14-15minutes on my machine. I've got a 3060ti GPU which gets hammered when doing the training, so I know it is defo using the CUDA cores.

By the time I’ve refined a few times Kemper profiles are easily 10-15 minutes. As long as I’m under 30 mins I think I can live with that.

If all you care about is profiles in your board, why even bother with the QC anymore?

I'd say it largely depends how you prefer to deal with switching, patch organisation and what not (especially or maybe even sort of exclusively when playing live). Preparing things and switching a network of programmable devices can become quite of a chore, especially in case you need sort of a lot of different sounds. This is where all-in-one devices clearly win (unless you've got the nerve and money to build, configure and maintain a large loop-switcher and MIDI mapper controlled board), but in case your needs are either modest or you'd just like to freely fool around with various states of various devices, then a collection of individual things might be the way to go.
Personally, if I were to build a modeling/capturing based setup for a well-planned and rehearsed set, I'd defenitely go for an all-in-one solution whereas for pretty much anything else I'd go for some "middle ground" thing (which is what I'm actually using these days).

Back