Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I look at Tonex that if I want to record with it I’ll use the plug-in. I’ll use the Pedal version with my collection of pedals before and after it into some powered cabinets. Absolutely no need for an effects loop in my particular use case.

…and I’ll still keep using tube amps and component modeling right on along with everything else.

Yes. But those have easily reachable patch volume controls. Most often directly exposed once a patch is loaded. The Tonex doesn't.
And, as an owner, it takes pressing one button twice to get to that.

As an *owner*, I can say, *objectively*, your point is invalid.

And, as an owner, it takes pressing one button twice to get to that.

Ooh, “objectively”?

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

What we really need, for boxes like this, the Iridium, and ACS-1 one thing, is an “End of Pedalboard” junction box/DI with both XLR’s and a headphone jack. That would be cool.

Yeah, could even be all analog. And heck, it could even offer a switchable, analog FX loop (most often, for FX placed towards the end, you don't need send/return level controls). My next pedalboard iteration will actually have something like that (custom built), for the time being I'm using this here (signal is running into a DI under the board, XLR to FOH, thru to this little thing):

WhatsApp.jpg

Less than ideal with that cinch input business, still working quite well, providing additional ins (for the acoustic board or other duties), independent monitoring EQ, independent monitoring volume, aux and even BT in, so I can even waste some stage wait time, noodling to backings without annoying anybody else.
My custom built device will in fact have something like a switchable FX loop (well, in fact it's gonna be a bunch of switchable I/Os, freely routable).

Doesn't have anything to do with being an owner or not. To understand that there's more actions required to get to a parameter that could as well be exposed all the time is nothing I need to own a unit for.

Yeah, could even be all analog. And heck, it could even offer a switchable, analog FX loop (most often, for FX placed towards the end, you don't need send/return level controls). My next pedalboard iteration will actually have something like that (custom built), for the time being I'm using this here (signal is running into a DI under the board, XLR to FOH, thru to this little thing):

View attachment 4439

Less than ideal with that cinch input business, still working quite well, providing additional ins (for the acoustic board or other duties), independent monitoring EQ, independent monitoring volume, aux and even BT in, so I can even waste some stage wait time, noodling to backings without annoying anybody else.
My custom built device will in fact have something like a switchable FX loop (well, in fact it's gonna be a bunch of switchable I/Os, freely routable).
Yeah that works. I did find an Ashdown DI that not only had XLR and headphone out, but also amp outs too. Pretty slick. But they don’t appear to make it anymore, unfortunately.

Using an Amplifire Box while complaining about interfaces on other devices seems rather, um; conflicting?

Doesn't have anything to do with being an owner or not. To understand that there's more actions required to get to a parameter that could as well be exposed all the time is nothing I need to own a unit for.
Pressing one button twice....

Such a hardship

That's like one button press more than one button press - we used to call this a double click...

Back