Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Probably stupid of me to just blurt this out, but does anyone else wonder why they didn't make an Amplitube player, vs Tonex player? Perhaps it's just a ridiculous notion, but since you can incorporate Tonex profiles in Amplitube - it would've been fuckin' epic if they made that, instead. No doubt a lot more complicated than my simple thought may make it seem, lol.

No doubt a lot more complicated than my simple thought may make it seem, lol.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if IK did eventually create a hardware version of Amplitude, but it would necessarily be much bigger, more complicated, and more expensive, to support arbitrary Amplitude signal chains on the device with all the necessary switching etc.

Probably stupid of me to just blurt this out, but does anyone else wonder why they didn't make an Amplitube player, vs Tonex player? Perhaps it's just a ridiculous notion, but since you can incorporate Tonex profiles in Amplitube - it would've been *****in' epic if they made that, instead. No doubt a lot more complicated than my simple thought may make it seem, lol.
Maybe thats in the future. I think the small amp/cab player with reverb is the perfect introductory hardware device.

Unrelated to this thread but I know they have an office in Sunrise, which is 5 miles from me. I had just gotten promoted at my current job when I saw they had an ad up for a product tester. When the ad was first listed, I don’t recall it having any qualifications aside from experience with gear and I kick myself in the ass regularly for not doing it. Last time I checked they added a college degree to the qualifications, which took me out of the running. Damnit, I could have been testing this pedal out before the YouTubers!
If you feel the opportunity arise where you'd like to apply to something you see on the IK site I would still recommend going for it. You can hit me up first, as we can always take other factors into consideration if you don't tick off one particular box on the requirements or something like that. Music/audio experience and knowledge do weigh heavily for many positions including support, sales, marketing, etc because folks with that knowledge tend to be able to hit the ground running since we don't have to train them on things like "what is an audio interface?" (extreme example but you get it) or similar.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
-Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott

I wouldn't be at all surprised if IK did eventually create a hardware version of Amplitude, but it would necessarily be much bigger, more complicated, and more expensive, to support arbitrary Amplitude signal chains on the device with all the necessary switching etc.
Its almost as if there was a product that came along long after amplitube that was able to make a hardware device that nearly 100% matched a software plugin, one where you could even share presets between them. One that TOTALLY capitalized on the market that IK should have been dominating....if only some product like that existed

oh wait

If you feel the opportunity arise where you'd like to apply to something you see on the IK site I would still recommend going for it. You can hit me up first, as we can always take other factors into consideration if you don't tick off one particular box on the requirements or something like that. Music/audio experience and knowledge do weigh heavily for many positions including support, sales, marketing, etc because folks with that knowledge tend to be able to hit the ground running since we don't have to train them on things like "what is an audio interface?" (extreme example but you get it) or similar.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"
-Wayne Gretzky
-Michael Scott

Thanks, brother! Had I been in a different position at the time I most certainly would have attempted it regardless of the degree, but I had just gotten a rather large promotion at work that put me in a different tax bracket and it was kind of a miracle that even happened, so I didn’t want to start taking my eyes off the prize at the time. Now that that same job has taken about 10 years off my life, I may have different feeling about that. :ROFLMAO:

Its almost as if there was a product that came along long after amplitube that was able to make a hardware device that nearly 100% matched a software plugin, one where you could even share presets between them. One that TOTALLY capitalized on the market that IK should have been dominating....if only some product like that existed

oh wait

I don’t mind that IK sat it out for a while. Like I said previous in this thread, I really dig the way they rolled this out. It seems they had all their ducks in a row before they even thought about opening their mouths. And coming in after the fact allows them to see the hits/misses of other units and improve upon those things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks, brother! Had I been in a different position at the time I most certainly would have attempted it regardless of the degree, but I had just gotten a rather large promotion at work that put me in a different tax bracket and it was kind of a miracle that even happened, so I didn’t want to start taking my eyes off the prize at the time. Now that that same job has taken about 10 years off my life, I may have different feeling about that. :ROFLMAO:
IK took 13 off of mine, but wait that's just because I've been here 13 years :)

They weren't sitting it out really. They were obviously doing the R+D to get to this point. Loads of companies have fallow years where they don't seem to be doing very much.

Funnily enough, I sit here and I think.... I've used some form of Amplitube on every single album we've done. Little bits here and there.

Defo gonna get a ToneX pedal. Even if I just put it into the fx-loop on my Axe FX III and have the ability to switch between my captures of my own amps, and the top tier models that Fractal have.

I don’t mind that IK sat it out for a while. Like I said previous in this thread, I really dig the way they rolled this out. It seems they had all their ducks in a row before they even thought about opening their mouths. And coming in after the fact allows them to see the hits/misses of other units and improve upon those things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I dont think they waited it out, they had a bunch of pedals aimed slightly at this but so far off of what I would think IK could do...Remember, this is the company, that nearly a decade before everyone else, showed that you could and (often did!!!!) play your guitar thru your phone, on stage and with some pretty awesome sounds.

Helix should have been IK's and should still be

Don’t make me get the hose.
Jonah Ray Franks 2Ktv GIF by Burger Records

Weird Al GIF

Back