Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Order placed. Now all I have to do is get back from this trip…

RAbpoRl.png

Cool :) If you don't mind me asking - as it looks like you ordered direct from IK [ in Italy ? ]

=> did they charge you in $EURO -or- $US (?)
=> also, what was the shipping cost to the US (?)

Thanks,
Ben

I don’t know the answers to your question(s) - but just to clarify - these aren’t “pre-order” as you stated. They are NOW SHIPPING when you order from Sweetwater, IK, etc. In case you missed that.
Looks like Sweetwater is either out of stock or not shipping just yet

Cool :) If you don't mind me asking - as it looks like you ordered direct from IK [ in Italy ? ]

=> did they charge you in $EURO -or- $US (?)
=> also, what was the shipping cost to the US (?)

Thanks,
Ben

I don’t see a shipping charge yet. USD Order is sitting in Status of Received.

pp6AMOh.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Sweetwater is either out of stock or not shipping just yet
Out of initial stock. This morning they had in large red letters “NOW SHIPPING!” On the page and you could add to cart and order. I almost did.

Now when I check it shows “more in stock soon.” So yeah - it’s out now but not because it was a pre-order. They have been shipping.

Looks like it’s a big hit! I wonder what their initial allotment was…

Out of initial stock. This morning they had in large red letters “NOW SHIPPING!” On the page and you could add to cart and order. I almost did.

Now when I check it shows “more in stock soon.” So yeah - it’s out now but not because it was a pre-order. They have been shipping.

Looks like it’s a big hit! I wonder what their initial allotment was…
Yeah my is still processing on IK so hopefully it goes through! I'm trying to figure out how I could use a stomp with it to have effects out front and then delays and such

I installed ToneX CS this morning, and my laptop/interface seem to hate it right away. It was laggy AF.

De-installed... :(

Details:

Win 8.1 Acer laptop from 2014
16 GB RAM
1 TB + 128 GB SSD
Intel i5-4210U 1.7 GHz
GeForce 840M 2 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

The (old) Cubase 5 and Helix Native both run smoothly, without any hassle whatsoever.

I tried tweaking both the interface settings and ToneX, but nope! Even the ToneX UI kept dragging behind every move (like 3-4 seconds after I click something).

Really weird. Tbh, I don't feel like going through that again. Might give it another try in a couple years, when I'll eventually buy a new laptop.

I installed ToneX CS this morning, and my laptop/interface seem to hate it right away. It was laggy AF.

De-installed... :(

Details:

Win 8.1 Acer laptop from 2014
16 GB RAM
1 TB + 128 GB SSD
Intel i5-4210U 1.7 GHz
GeForce 840M 2 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

The (old) Cubase 5 and Helix Native both run smoothly, without any hassle whatsoever.

I tried tweaking both the interface settings and ToneX, but nope! Even the ToneX UI kept dragging behind every move (like 3-4 seconds after I click something).

Really weird. Tbh, I don't feel like going through that again. Might give it another try in a couple years, when I'll eventually buy a new laptop.

The stand-alone version is dog-terrible to use, and almost impossible to configure with any sort of useable low latency use ... at least in my experience.

Install the VST3 version ..... open your DAW .... set it to the lowest buffer latency it can run at .... ideally 96 Samples @ 96kz ..... or 64 Samples at 44.1khz .... either way you will get a RTL of ~ 3.5ms .... Open an Audio Track ... insert the VST3 Tonex ... engage the Tracks Input Monitoring .... done .....plays smooth as butter and sounds and feels great.

Ben

The stand-alone version is dog-terrible to use, and almost impossible to configure with any sort of useable low latency use ... at least in my experience.

Install the VST3 version ..... open your DAW .... set it to the lowest buffer latency it can run at .... ideally 96 Samples @ 96kz ..... or 64 Samples at 44.1khz .... either way you will get a RTL of ~ 3.5ms .... Open an Audio Track ... insert the VST3 Tonex ... engage the Tracks Input Monitoring .... done .....plays smooth as butter and sounds and feels great.

Ben
Thanks! I'll make sure to try that at some point next week - lots of work and chores blocking "spare time fun" though. Adult life is boring.

For me the standalone app works just fine.
I'm sure that has to do with processing power.

My laptop's RAM, disk space, and interface are fine, GPU might be a tad weak, but the processor is definitely the Achilles heel.

That said, I've been playing GTA V smoothly, with decent enough settings even in 1920x1080.

Anyhow, I'm not worried about the ToneX Pedal itself, I'm 100% convinced it's really good - but since profiling might be a PITA with my machine, I'm in doubt.

I'm sure that has to do with processing power.

My laptop's RAM, disk space, and interface are fine, GPU might be a tad weak, but the processor is definitely the Achilles heel.

That said, I've been playing GTA V smoothly, with decent enough settings even in 1920x1080.

Anyhow, I'm not worried about the ToneX Pedal itself, I'm 100% convinced it's really good - but since profiling might be a PITA with my machine, I'm in doubt.
It's just a 2D UI, it takes pretty much no processing power so the issue is most likely elsewhere. Check the performance tab of Task Manager with the ToneX app open to see if it maybe pegs your CPU or GPU usage for some reason.

You’ll want to put the ToneX in your Stomp’s effects loop, I think.
%100 right :) .... and even better .... use the Tonex Amp and IR loader or the Captured Cab that comes with the Amp or the VIR Cab Block in the Tonex ...... then you can use the 8 x Stomp blocks for whatever you want, and you can move the Stomp-Send-Return-EFX-Loop anywhere along the grid, so you can have whatever of the up to 7 [remaining] effects before the Amp and/or whatever of the up to 7 [remaining] effects after the Amp.

Just be sure to level match the Stomp EFX Loop Send / Return Levels to the Tonex Pedals Input / Output levels to optimize your gain staging, and avoid any signal or digital clipping or signal or digital distortion. Enjoy :)

Ben

So, my direct order from IK couldn't be cancelled yesterday because it had already been picked up for shipping from Italy.

On the plus side, it turned up at my door in the UK about an hour ago, so every cloud! ;)

Updated ToneX to 1.1.0, but the librarian couldn't "see" the pedal, but then I noticed there was an update to 1.1.1, which fixed the issue - after the obligatory day one firmware update!

So, my direct order from IK couldn't be cancelled yesterday because it had already been picked up for shipping from Italy.

On the plus side, it turned up at my door in the UK about an hour ago, so every cloud! ;)

Updated ToneX to 1.1.0, but the librarian couldn't "see" the pedal, but then I noticed there was an update to 1.1.1, which fixed the issue - after the obligatory day one firmware update!

Wohoo, that was quick!
So, keep us up to date!

USD Dollars not Euros. Also the US orders ship out of IK US HQ in Florida.

Unrelated to this thread but I know they have an office in Sunrise, which is 5 miles from me. I had just gotten promoted at my current job when I saw they had an ad up for a product tester. When the ad was first listed, I don’t recall it having any qualifications aside from experience with gear and I kick myself in the ass regularly for not doing it. Last time I checked they added a college degree to the qualifications, which took me out of the running. Damnit, I could have been testing this pedal out before the YouTubers!

Back