Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Bought'd.
Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

Wouldn’t someone just do this with a pedal on the way to monitors or a plug-in using a DAW?

A plugin inside a DAW would mean you'd have to deal with your interface's additional latency or do some routing tricks (just monitoring the FX portion in the DAW, which is what I do). Also, what if you have some pedals without software equivalents?

Wouldn’t someone just do this with a pedal on the way to monitors or a plug-in using a DAW?

They would have to. Unless you're using a clean amp model and pedals out front, the headphone jack wouldn't be all that useful. With the HX Stomp for instance, you could run pedals out front and/or in the device loop, and then use the headphone out or USB audio interface for recording.

I’m holding off on this for just a little bit, I might need to direct my next few purchases elsewhere soon. I don’t have any gripes or wishes, it loads up amps and that’s literally all I want it to do. This would just be going on a pedalboard of a pedal/amp rig in case I wanted to use it live and and can’t use an actual amp. I consider that my hobby rig. And I really want a white Edwards LP Custom before anything else because I’m addicted to my black one.

I dig the way IK rolled this and the ToneX stuff out. Both these were a topic of discussion on pretty much every forum I’m on and I didn’t feel like IK was ramming it down my throat to make that happen. They seemed to have addressed a lot of issues people had early on and then got this pedal out well before I was expecting them to. Tight work.

Yeah I'm holding out on more ToneX app patches before diving in. I've learned my lesson from the QC so I want to see where they take this and what issues people find with it because you know, nothing's perfect.

That said, I might end up just skipping it completely for the same reason why I haven't bought a Kemper. I no longer have any real amps I want to capture and just don't enjoy that "try a lot of other people's profiles or spend money on someone else's to find what does it for you" thing. For me the appeal of "all the amp models" is long gone and I haven't been less happy with the 3 amp models on a Strymon Iridium, 4 on a Yamaha THR100HD vs the 300 on my Axe-Fx 3.

Especially when you consider the software that's included. Almost too good to be true ridiculously awesome price. Like, "maybe I shouldn't be saying this out loud" ridiculously awesome price.

Yeah I went through the checkout process pretty quick waiting for there to be some catch like $75 shipping or something. :ROFLMAO:

@Deadpan ‘s 900 capture is worth the price of admission. :satan

Yeah I went through the checkout process pretty quick waiting for there to be some catch like $75 shipping or something. :ROFLMAO:

@Deadpan ‘s 900 capture is worth the price of admission. :satan
They removed my "Tip for Peter" field in the checkout process once they noticed I had put it in :D

Edit - in before the "Don't eat yellow snow" reply. I'm 52, so I've already learned that lesson at least a couple of years ago!

So, do I understand this correctly?

Since a ToneX Max license is included with the pedal purchase, one could easily just get that and be able to make their own profiles, using an attenuator/loadbox that has a line output, and a run-of-the-mill audio interface, for example?

The IK "Capture" box isn't necessary for profiling?

Since a ToneX Max license is included with the pedal purchase, one could easily just get that and be able to make their own profiles, using an attenuator/loadbox that has a line output, and a run-of-the-mill audio interface, for example?

Correct. The IK box is just there to ease up the process.

Yes. The ToneX Capture box is nice for gain staging but not necessary. If you have an audio interface with I/O that allows for reamping, you can just use that along with an attenuator, loadbox, speaker-level DI, etc.

I've got the Axe I/O. I should be able to tap a line out from my Behringer DI box back to the interface. It's going to be a gross sounding 25 minute capture session without an IR but I can just turn down the interface output as it's doing it's thing I think.

I've got the Axe I/O. I should be able to tap a line out from my Behringer DI box back to the interface. It's going to be a gross sounding 25 minute capture session without an IR but I can just turn down the interface output as it's doing it's thing I think.

What are you going to capture?

Back