Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

I've not played a real one, only the Helix ones. But I find them very distinctive. It's actually the 5153 and Recto that I find sound generic and flat tbh.

Oh sorry I found them just kind of flat . like a jack of all trades but they don't really have their own sonic signature, they're kind of a 5150 or kind of a Recto but they lack some of the things that make those amps stand out.

I'd agree with that. I could actually use a jack of all trades amp. To me, like the Axe FX, it has a sonic signature that's reminiscent of what you'd expect to hear on an album. A somewhat "produced" sound. There are times when I want that.

I love an amp like my Deliverance 120 that makes you wrestle with it to get the most out of it but I also like amps that just sound right in the mix and make you sound like a guitar hero. Each has its place.

For example I hear similar from the Boogie guys about the Triple Crown ( which for the record I really like ) but they comment it's not really a Mark and its not really capable of doing that Recto thing.

I have a TC-50 and agree with this also. It's not a standout Dual Rectifier but to my ear has better cleans, is better at doing a quasi Marshall crunch thing, and has a nice high gain tone even if it's not uniquely stellar.

I've been using it as my bedroom practice amp and it's wonderful in that capacity.

35858462180_d92377d23d_c.jpg

A friend of a friend told me a couple weeks ago IK has a flagship floor unit coming. I have to wonder if this is it? I posted on The Gestapo Page about it. TBH if this is indeed it, I am a little disappointed. Mostly due to lack of... well almost everything I picture for a flagship floor unit.

I made the mistake of posting how happy I was about my tone yesterday, how I got there, and of course multiple douchebags had to chime in and tell me I wasnt hearing what I was hearing. It's a really good thing I cant throat punch people over the internet.
I got exiled from main Helix thread over another RTFM argument :ROFLMAO:
(I was the one claiming users should RTFM.)

Last edited:
I won't be getting one.

For some reason captures never appealed to me, either doing them or using someone else's. Worst of all, hunting through a bunch of bad ones trying to find a good one.

Since I have a couple of Fractal products I'm leaning toward something simple and preferably analog for my next piece of gear.

The Dream 65 did get my attention but I'm still leaning toward the Ampli-Firebox Mk II. Support for it has me concerned but it does meet my wants for something small, light, and simple. It's not purely analog but may be close enough.

In another thread at the other place they said there local store was listing the IK drive , delay , mod and reverb as discontinued and on sale
So that would be a fairly big clue they are amalgamating them
The big one they will probably show at Namm in April

I made the mistake of posting how happy I was about my tone yesterday, how I got there, and of course multiple douchebags had to chime in and tell me I wasnt hearing what I was hearing. It's a really good thing we cant throat punch people over the internet.

Those and the “I don’t leave my house for anything less than $500 gigs” are my favorite TGP posts.

“I’m really stoked with this!”

”No, you’re not. I have no clue who you are, what kind of music you play, what your goals or influences are, but you’re wrong and I’ll tell you why” :rofl

it better be as compatible with amplitube as helix is with helix native...and this many years after the helix, it should have entire buttloads of dsp more than helix for the same price or less, there have been like 4 moore's law cycles since helix

it better be as compatible with amplitube as helix is with helix native...and this many years after the helix, it should have entire buttloads of dsp more than helix for the same price or less, there have been like 4 moore's law cycles since helix
I suspect it will be the Captures
With ability to load the Amplitube 5 plug-ins , and IR loader , all the X series effects, full Color large display and it will be around 899-999 announced at April Namm available May /June or maybe a pre order
We will see

I suspect it will be the Captures
With ability to load the Amplitube 5 plug-ins , and IR loader , all the X series effects, full Color large display and it will be around 899-999 announced at April Namm available May /June or maybe a pre order
We will see

Yeah thats about the point I personally start losing some steam. I want a relatively small capture pedal player, not some sorta half assed everything-to-everyone-to-no-one device.

Back