Tonex Pedal....It's REAL

Cause its got a reverb in it apparently, not something you'd want to put before time based, modulation or dynamic fx
Yeah, it’s not like you‘d want to put effects literally between the amp and cabinet emulation, or IR, or whatever. But it becomes crucial if you’re looking to use either the headphone out or the regular IO to a mixer, interface, etc. when using time-based effects. It’s why I won’t even consider the Strymon, even though it sounds great.
Mooer is less.

I just can’t bring myself to purchase any Mooer products.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

I just can’t bring myself to purchase any Mooer products

They have a handful of excellent stuff, though. Their Yellow Comp is fantastic IMO. I know, a clone, but apart from the price, the form factor is better than with the original as well. A staple for all my lead sounds.

They have a handful of excellent stuff, though. Their Yellow Comp is fantastic IMO. I know, a clone, but apart from the price, the form factor is better than with the original as well. A staple for all my lead sounds.

The compressor in the Axe FX III just went through a major upgrade in the last firmware update. Reports are that it's killer now.

I don't think you can get a lot of IO options at the price of this unit. This was made to hit a price point , and to do what it does like Pod go was. Of course everyone then wanted the higher priced options on the entry unit. Who wouldn't? If it does well, there will me more full featured (expensive) options. They're probably already in the pipeline.

Being completely Axe-free, that information, while certainly valuable, will likely have rather little impact on my compression endeavours.

Of note for those who have one.

Oh MI Audio I ordered an amp from them a few years ago and it was the worst customer service experience. It sounded killer tho

I've been looking for a MI Megalith Beta (that the Delta pedal was based on) used for some time but they're hard to find and I have a few things on my wish list, particularly the REVV Generator 120 Mk III. Both cost enough that they give me pause.

3197441983.jpg
qombcihdfi88302ggqig.jpg

Of note for those who have one.

I've been looking for a MI Megalith Beta (that the Delta pedal was based on) used for some time but they're hard to find and I have a few things on my wish list, particularly the REVV Generator 120 Mk III. Both cost enough that they give me pause.

3197441983.jpg
qombcihdfi88302ggqig.jpg
I think I had the gamma? Killer amp but yes used is the way to go. But good luck with any customer support if something happens to it

I think at this point the thing that might keep me away from the ToneX pedal is the ToneX app. It's just awful for trying to find stuff. Loading anything takes a long time, you can't do anything while it does that, it's just annoying to try to find and curate anything.

I could see for the ToneX pedal you'd want to find a handful of profiles you like and call it a day.

Even with detailed metadata that can be sorted by multiple categories to narrow down the search you still have to demo a lot to land on one you like, then tweak from there.
Such is the nature of the beast.

Yeah, I remember people complaining about UA pedals having presets but not midi at that price point.
Strymon Iridium has midi but through a funky proprietaty cable.

I think I had the gamma? Killer amp but yes used is the way to go. But good luck with any customer support if something happens to it

Given where they're located, sending the amp back to the factory for repairs seems impractical so I'd have to rely on local techs.

It's largely moot because I'm leaning more toward the REVV Generator 120, but it's only leaning. Right now, repairs to my house are the priority.

Still, the Megalith Delta pedal sounds surprisingly similar to my Fryette Sig:X lead channel but more compressed. The compression can be a good thing if I feel like my chops could use a little help on a given evening.

Given where they're located, sending the amp back to the factory for repairs seems impractical so I'd have to rely on local techs.

It's largely moot because I'm leaning more toward the REVV Generator 120, but it's only leaning. Right now, repairs to my house are the priority.

Still, the Megalith Delta pedal sounds surprisingly similar to my Fryette Sig:X lead channel but more compressed. The compression can be a good thing if I feel like my chops could use a little help on a given evening.
I've heard people say that the gamma is what they always wanted a dual Rec to sound like (but that could mean many things lol)

I also had a Generator 120 MKII and was not a fan, too polite for me. I've heard good things about the III tho. I'd choose the gamma over the revv as far as tones. I always find my way back to a 5150 variant lol

I've heard people say that the gamma is what they always wanted a dual Rec to sound like (but that could mean many things lol)

I also had a Generator 120 MKII and was not a fan, too polite for me. I've heard good things about the III tho. I'd choose the gamma over the revv as far as tones. I always find my way back to a 5150 variant lol

I have a Fryette Deliverance 120 so I'm looking for a more "polite" option to balance it out. The D120 is a real sledgehammer. In comparison the REVV sounds smooth. Smooth is a nice thing to have available when brutal is just too brutal.

I'd like the REVV for recording particularly given its Two Notes capabilities and built in noise gate.

The D120 is absolutely perfect for when I get together with the guys from my former Brooklyn Hardcore band. Never played an amp I like better.

I have a Fryette Deliverance 120 so I'm looking for a more "polite" option to balance it out. The D120 is a real sledgehammer. In comparison the REVV sounds smooth. Smooth is a nice thing to have available when brutal is just too brutal.

I'd like the REVV for recording particularly given its Two Notes capabilities and built in noise gate.

The D120 is absolutely perfect for when I get together with the guys from my former Brooklyn Hardcore band. Never played an amp I like better.
Then yeah it sounds like it will complement it well! I love the new features amp heads seem to be introducing. I'll be looking forward to your NAD post!

The Helix made me want to buy a Revv. I really fancy the Revv 100R.
I don’t know what it is about them
I want to like them being fellow canucks but I have always found their amps just kind of generic whenever I have played them
It’s not that they are bad, but if I play the purple I end preferring the 5153 blue channel or if I play the red I prefer a boosted Recto

I have always found their amps just kind of generic whenever I have played them

I've seen other people say that but what does "generic" mean in this context?

Not saying I disagree, I just don't know what the tonal implications are of saying a tone is generic.

I've seen other people say that but what does "generic" mean in this context?

Not saying I disagree, I just don't know what the tonal implications are of saying a tone is generic.
Oh sorry I found them just kind of flat . like a jack of all trades but they don't really have their own sonic signature, there kind of a 5150 or kind of a Recto but the lack some of the things that makes those amps stand out
For example I hear similar from the Boogie guys about the Triple Crown ( which for the record I really like ) but they comment its not really a Mark and its not really capable of doing that Recto thing

Back