Toneking and McKnight have a guitar company now.

Repeating what I've said elsewhere, but the logo is awful, in my opinion.

No need for "Guitar Company." It's obviously a guitar and the person buying it knows it's a guitar. In addition to that, the graphic of a guitar neck and headstock on top of an actual headstock seems silly. And the block-y font looks awkward and cheap.

(By "awkward," I mean it doesn't go with the sleeker lines of the headstock itself. Chunky and at odds with it.)
Agreed. the font misses the mark by a great deal.

Repeating what I've said elsewhere, but the logo is awful, in my opinion.

No need for "Guitar Company." It's obviously a guitar and the person buying it knows it's a guitar. In addition to that, the graphic of a guitar neck and headstock on top of an actual headstock seems silly. And the block-y font looks awkward and cheap.

(By "awkward," I mean it doesn't go with the sleeker lines of the headstock itself. Chunky and at odds with it.)

Yeah, everything about the logo and that headstock looks like some cheap import knock off you’d find in a pawn shop downtown

I mentioned this on a buddy’s FB post about it; I don’t really have an issue with YouTuber brands, I’m a huge fan of Solar guitars, but those actually fill someone of a void due to the features of the guitars; there’s not a ton of places you can get Evertunes/specs at that price point and they‘ve at least got a cool take on the popular shapes that lets you know it’s a Solar just by looking at it. And now they’ve got Sustainers.

The Chapman guitars and now this are just the run of the mill popular shapes without any particularly unique feature or anything indicating they‘re doing anything more than just putting another guitar out there. Just another run of the mill super Strat and while it might have good specs, I’d think you‘d have to be a big fan of their channels to want to drop that kind of dough while the same thing exists from long time builders known for making super Strats.

That said, I don’t blame them a single bit for starting it up, why not? I’d just personally want to add something more to the world of guitars, but I don’t gotta buy ‘em.

I'm an old MFer.

When I think of the 80's and hear the word Redline... I only think of one thing:

tro9uyi.jpg

QhlMeIF.jpg

Maybe their next guitar model could be Hutch:

isq0tdc.jpg

And then Haro after that:

5BVrQKV.jpg

uAy2lN0.jpg

So you're telling me there's a chance for a TGF guitar brand. YEAH!

78a2qh.gif

It would be kind of cool if we got big enough that we could get some companies to do a couple group runs. Ibanez does these for Axe Palace and Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules got one done as well. Really f*cking nice models, I think @Desertdweller’s purple 7-string was one of those(?). Pretty much as close as one can get to a custom shop with Ibanez. We’d just need about 12 of us to all agree on the exact same specs. :ROFLMAO:

It would be kind of cool if we got big enough that we could get some companies to do a couple group runs. Ibanez does these for Axe Palace and Rich Harris at Ibanez Rules got one done as well. Really f*cking nice models, I think @Desertdweller’s purple 7-string was one of those(?). Pretty much as close as one can get to a custom shop with Ibanez. We’d just need about 12 of us to all agree on the exact same specs. :ROFLMAO:
Fat neck, 7 string, single coils. Something we all can agree on

no offense, but phil mcknight is all about cheap guitars that you can get a lotta bang for buck out of.

i wouldn't buy a guitar in that price range that he is behind.

Back