To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

What year is yours?
Same year
Screenshot_20241005-144225_Gallery.jpg

When I put my Deuce down on Highway 1 in Cali, during repair the HD dealership said I did not need the frame replaced. I pointed out that the mount plate for the engine guard was bend, obviously because the two down tubes had bent (I proved it by showing them the measurements of my frame and the frame of a deuce they had in stock, it was thinner by over an inch on my frame). They ultimately acquiesced and ordered new frame. I took possession of the old frame, but they were required to cut out the fork mounting tube with serial number. I was going to turn it into a piece of artwork, but ended up moving and did not want to port it with me. I tried giving it away to some friends in a local MC, but no takers! Oh well. Long and short is, if I can detect anything in frame or forks that is not 100% spot on, I am fighting for replacement of that part!!

@la szum , glad you are typing again. With the prognosis and details you have laid out so far, I would definitely at least talk to an attorney about your next steps and don't agree to anything from the insurance company until you have done a consultation. I would suggest not even communicating with the insurance company anymore until you have talked to an attorney. Best wishes on being made whole again at all levels (financial, mental, health, soul) ;~))

if I can detect anything in frame or forks that is not 100% spot on, I am fighting for replacement of that part!!
Absolutely! And it's not a bulldozer blade, where you can weld in new sections, and if it's not at exactly the correct angle, no big deal!

A bent frame could be out-of-spec in other areas, away from where the impact took place. Next thing you know, your chain/belt is wearing out prematurely, and you don't know why.

Shop mechanics aren't equipped to correct a frame, imo.

Wouldn't it be insane to know they were really that close....also, same.
Small world, huh?
And being 75 apart in Ser # I don't think it necessarily means they were built that many apart. They might've been painted one right after the other.

Saw 2 Majesties the other day, one had a higher serial number, but a lower "color count" number. Iow, they were both one of those runs of 100 in the BFR line..., one was like #10, and the other was 13, but the 13 had a lower serial number.

Small world, huh?
And being 75 apart in Ser # I don't think it necessarily means they were built that many apart. They might've been painted one right after the other.

Saw 2 Majesties the other day, one had a higher serial number, but a lower "color count" number. Iow, they were both one of those runs of 100 in the BFR line..., one was like #10, and the other was 13, but the 13 had a lower serial number.
Kind of nuts.....neat!

Yup. We eliminated all the other Apex Predators. People also used to Hunt and Gather in
Rural Areas to feed their families. Now Rural Areas are increasingly populated and more
Suburban-esque than ever. People populating the Rural Areas don't hunt to help keep
the Deer Populations in check.

No natural predation = population explosion! Population explosion = more collisions. :horse

Not the fault of the Deer. We humans just have this cool way of upsetting checks and
balances in Nature. It's what we do. :idk

Yup. We eliminated all the other Apex Predators. People also used to Hunt and Gather in
Rural Areas to feed their families. Now Rural Areas are increasingly populated and more
Suburban-esque than ever. People populating the Rural Areas don't hunt to help keep
the Deer Populations in check.

No natural predation = population explosion! Population explosion = more collisions. :horse

Not the fault of the Deer. We humans just have this cool way of upsetting checks and
balances in Nature. It's what we do. :idk
Are you suggesting we hunt more humans to reverse these imbalances? Asking for a friend!

Back