To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

Jeff Probst Merge GIF by Survivor CBS

Having a bit of a back and forth with the Insurance Company/Adjuster about the
value of the bike. They want me to accept their 1st offer. It's too low. So I shared
with them today my thoughts and they noted them and will get back with me.

We'll see what happens.

First insurance claim filed in my life of any kind---so not like I have a history of
milking/gaming the system. :idk

value of the bike. They want me to accept their 1st offer. It's too low. So I shared

We'll see what happens.

First insurance claim filed in my life of any kind---so not like I have a history of
Don't envy you there brother. Did they give you any evidence as to how they reached their number?

NADA/JD Power Average Used Value.

Means those with a craptastic bike that is less than average get a bonus. Those with
a Mint condition bike or even in excellent condition get hosed. :idk

It's not a huge dollar amount. Still, the fact that I took a safety course on my own dime,
and was skilled enough to not lay it down and end up saddling them with massive medical
expenses has to be worth something. So I'll stand firm and contest it until I can't.

Tow-truck driver was right out of Central Casting. I think it must be required by law. :idk

Yeah, lots of killer parts on it still. But frame was bent. Forks pushed in. Triple tree fucked.
Handlebars are at your knees. Not safe. Front end took all the force and kept it off me. :chef

I may have kissed the tank. Such a sentimental fuck. :facepalm

Closest Progressive office is 150 miles away, and that's where I get my check. So Monday
is gonna be a day spent driving to get that settled.

We'll see what happens.

Just talked to the adjuster. No Beuno.

The settlement is what the settlement is.

:horse:horse:horse:horse:Boo:Boo:Boo:Boo

Lucky enough to be alive to be pissed about it. :banana

This is the time to lawyer up.

Insurance companies will lowball every fucking time, because they know the Average Schmoe will just take it up the ass without actually doing anything about it.

Unless you can flex some legal muscle.

One suggestion: https://www.legalshield.com/

Sometimes, even a simple SLL (Scary Lawyer Letter) will do the trick.

That being said, of course - no guarantees.

Back