To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

5 to 6 months of it every year can be a bit much.
Ye-ah, That's too much. I like it, occasionally. It's a crap-shoot whether (haha) we get a good one or not each winter. It could be snowing its ass off in DC, but 4x's out of 5, by the time it gets across the bay, it's rain where I live.

Wow! I have some good friends who have been encouraging me to proceed with caution. I am
also of the opinion that if I feel like I have to do a lot to it to get to my liking then I should just
sell it and get a different bike.

I kind of already want a 2nd bike anyways. :brick
I did the 2 Harleys for a number of years. I finally got tired of paying insurance and maintenance on two of them along with storing them in my garage. I don't have a ton of space in there. That made me trade the two I had at the time for one that does pretty much everything I liked about both bikes I had at the time.

The Road King is kind of a tweener. Not a sport bike and not a big ass touring full dresser.
One of the reasons I bought it.

But now I am seeing how it would be cool to have a full dresser for long rides and epic trips,
and a sportier bike for thrills. :LOL:

The Road King is kind of a tweener. Not a sport bike and not a big ass touring full dresser.
One of the reasons I bought it.

But now I am seeing how it would be cool to have a full dresser for long rides and epic trips,
and a sportier bike for thrills. :LOL:
You can get a faring that can go on the windshield mounts to be able to put it on and take it off when you want to. One of the guys I ride with several times a year does that on his Fatbob. He has it setup where he can plug power into it for the stereo he put in it. After the longer trips, he takes it off.

It was in the 60s 2 days this week, so I had to fire her up and take the
bike up and down the street and blast the neighbors. :headbang

Fired up on the 2nd attempt! :chef

Too cold and too early for any longer rides, and we have all this sand/salt/gravel
residue from the Snowplows this winter. Until we get an hard rain or 3 I won't be
going out for any long rides.

It's riding season again here in Lalaland!

20180907_193651.jpg
harley_3.jpeg

Back