To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

Haven't even gotten a single ride in this season. Life has been lifing my ass hard. :facepalm

That changes today. :hmm

Jack Nicholson Middle Finger GIF by Turner Classic Movies

:banana

Thanks, MW! It was an amazing day, and much needed! Hit a Mom and Pop Harley shop 60 miles to
the South that is now on its 3rd generation of ownership, and been around 60 years. All 3 generations
were present today. Had them look over my bike since I have not had a Pro Mechanic lay eyes or hands on it.
They rolled it into their service department, had it on the lift for 90 minutes and charged me $107. :love

I was blown over. :beer

Then I found a Dispo in the same town, and when I was shopping for some Flower a Singer-songwriter
who used to hire me to play guitar when he would do gigs with a full band yells, "Dave!" Had not
seen him in person in more than 5 years! He was buying Flower, too! :LOL:

He had a solo Acoustic show at the Brewery this evening. So random. So cool!

After we parted I took the long way home! :chef

Thanks, MW! It was an amazing day, and much needed! Hit a Mom and Pop Harley shop 60 miles to
the South that is now on its 3rd generation of ownership, and been around 60 years. All 3 generations
were present today. Had them look over my bike since I have not had a Pro Mechanic lay eyes or hands on it.
They rolled it into their service department, had it on the lift for 90 minutes and charged me $107. :love

I was blown over. :beer

Then I found a Dispo in the same town, and when I was shopping for some Flower a Singer-songwriter
who used to hire me to play guitar when he would do gigs with a full band yells, "Dave!" Had not
seen him in person in more than 5 years! He was buying Flower, too! :LOL:

He had a solo Acoustic show at the Brewery this evening. So random. So cool!

After we parted I took the long way home! :chef
Sounds like the day could not have gone much better! And I think it is good that you had a pro set of eyes give the bike a once over, it will set your mind in a more comfortable place for the season!! Keep on rollin' (bike and bud)!!!

Hey Baby Flirting GIF

Hey, jumping in on your thread @la szum, hope that's okay and that things are getting better for you. :beer

This seems to be where all the TGF motorbike talk is.

So I've settled on the 2024 Honda Transalp, for now. Looks perfect for what I'm seeking, Going to go check one out this afternoon!

Hey Baby Flirting GIF

Hey, jumping in on your thread @la szum, hope that's okay and that things are getting better for you. :beer

This seems to be where all the TGF motorbike talk is.

So I've settled on the 2024 Honda Transalp, for now. Looks perfect for what I'm seeking, Going to go check one out this afternoon!

Sweet! :banana

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. :beer

Those CVO's were mid-20's in 02 when I bought my hundredth anniversary. Double in 22 years! smhid
I paid $33k for my 100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce brand now in 2003. Never the less, another 18k increase is WOW. That is almost a grand a year!! That CVO above though is right up my alley (in my dreams - I don't ride the two I have so STFU Wily) ;~))

The owner said his biggest sellers are the Trikes. They outsell everything else by a 2 to 1 margin.

Sounds like an aging demographic to me. Is Harley a legacy brand, and will young people jump
on board when all the geezers pass away? :idk
That amazes me because I can not imagine them having enough trikes in stock to out march the two wheeler numbers! When you looked at the inventory, did you see 50 trikes and 25 two wheelers?

I paid $33k for my 100th Anniversary Screamin' Eagle Deuce brand now in 2003. Never the less, another 18k increase is WOW. That is almost a grand a year!! That CVO above though is right up my alley (in my dreams - I don't ride the two I have so STFU Wily) ;~))
Yeah I remember that Deuce. One was on the floor when I ordered my bike. My memory must be bad, cuz I thought they were about 5k more than my 100th, which was 20k, all in, airc.

Yeah I remember that Deuce. One was on the floor when I ordered my bike. My memory must be bad, cuz I thought they were about 5k more than my 100th, which was 20k, all in, airc.
Here is a picture of mine (and it's brother my 2000 FLSTS - Heritage Springer Softail for which I paid $23K for brand new). Only upgrades from factory (which I did not include in my $33k) are racing ignition module, racing pipes, Arlen Ness mirrors and a seat I designed and had built by Corbin. Both of these bikes were bought in California, so maybe that added on some extra taxes and fees that you did not have on your experience ;~))

FXSTDSEI_2006_01.jpg

Here is a picture of mine (and it's brother my 2000 FLSTS - Heritage Springer Softail for which I paid $23K for brand new). Only upgrades from factory (which I did not include in my $33k) are racing ignition module, racing pipes, Arlen Ness mirrors and a seat I designed and had built by Corbin. Both of these bikes were bought in California, so maybe that added on some extra taxes and fees that you did not have on your experience ;~))

FXSTDSEI_2006_01.jpg
Yeah, there's definitely a 'locale-where-purchased' thing going on there, because I bought my '03 Electra Glide Classic in DE, and the $20k I paid also included Screamin Eagle pipes, an oil cooler, and something else that I can't recall. The dealer had a 1-time discount-when-you-purchase on any upgrades, so those items I believe added about a grand.

I also seem to remember shopping that bike at a couple other dealers, because, well, simple supply-and-demand factors. It certainly wasn't like buying a Mesa Boogie amp, where "the price is the price", no matter where you buy it.

So put all that together, and it might account for the differences. Or it could simply be my memory! :bonk

Back