To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

To Harley? Absolutely! I have owned a number of them in my life. I am currently on a 2020 CVO Street Glide. I traded my 19 Sport glide that I put a 114 kit in and my 16 Ultra Classic that I did a ton of upgrades on in on the CVO and walked out almost paid for.

I really like the bike. I have only upgraded a few things on it. I put Reinhart slip ns on it. I put a custom Corbin seat on it and 14" KST Mayhem bars on it. I also did the Harley wrap fender on it. The best upgrade I did on it was a set of Legend Revo Arc remote reservoir shocks on the back. If I had any idea how much that would affect the ride I would have been doing that on all of my bikes. I told my wife they were expensive but didn't tell her how expensive. After the first ride on it she said she didn't know what they cost but they were worth every penny.

I live in South Florida so I get to ride all year around. I was out on it yesterday running errands.

To Harley? Absolutely! I have owned a number of them in my life. I am currently on a 2020 CVO Street Glide. I traded my 19 Sport glide that I put a 114 kit in and my 16 Ultra Classic that I did a ton of upgrades on in on the CVO and walked out almost paid for.

I really like the bike. I have only upgraded a few things on it. I put Reinhart slip ns on it. I put a custom Corbin seat on it and 14" KST Mayhem bars on it. I also did the Harley wrap fender on it. The best upgrade I did on it was a set of Legend Revo Arc remote reservoir shocks on the back. If I had any idea how much that would affect the ride I would have been doing that on all of my bikes. I told my wife they were expensive but didn't tell her how expensive. After the first ride on it she said she didn't know what they cost but they were worth every penny.

I live in South Florida so I get to ride all year around. I was out on it yesterday running errands.

Man! So jealous. Live shot here.

20231127_165732.jpg

I'd definitely like to upgrade the suspension. I feel like the ride and the handling would both
go up significantly. So I am going to look into some shocks for the rear.

Restraining myself otherwise----because I know how these things go and you can have the
entire funds for a 2nd bike dumped into modding/upgrading the first one. :LOL:

Man! So jealous. Live shot here.

View attachment 14616
Not envious of that at all...

It has been overcast here today and the high made it to about 71. That is a good bit colder than normal. Our lows have been in the mid 50's. It was definitely cooler yesterday when I was out and about. I had to take my SUV today because I discovered it was ready for an oil change so I had to get that done.

Had those stock leather bags on my Road King, and snagged these. Gonna find someone to throw
some cool paint on them...... thinking maybe some kind of 'Burst. :LOL:

61Vo37avCEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Also, why are there no Tweed or Silverface Harleys? :idk

Seriously! :LOL:

Not envious of that at all...

It has been overcast here today and the high made it to about 71. That is a good bit colder than normal. Our lows have been in the mid 50's. It was definitely cooler yesterday when I was out and about. I had to take my SUV today because I discovered it was ready for an oil change so I had to get that done.

Yeah, we had 12F last night. Suck it. :LOL:

Taking everything I can too not start drinking at 4PM in the afternoon! :rofl

It definitely gets harder to get hyped for it with each passing year. Man, this year I just could not
get my bones warm. Setting the thermostat a couple of degrees higher and buying some Flannel
Sheets. This dog is tired and feeling all the old! :LOL:
I'm never hyped for it :mad: Had to dig around with tourette's Monday morning looking for scrapers :cuss

I had plenty of years of winter before I ended up in South Florida. I have been here for 11.5 years now. I don't miss winter up North at all. I haven't been back up there during cold weather since 2012. I can't see me making that trip during Winter unless it is an emergency.

I'm never hyped for it :mad: Had to dig around with tourette's Monday morning looking for scrapers :cuss

Haha! We might have been scraping at the same time, JT! :LOL:

It does suck, but there are some things I like about it----like long nights inside with the family,
Hot Cocoa, making soups and stews, that cold-ass wind in the face that wakes you up deep
inside. A warm fire. Slippers. Extra pair of socks. Yes, I need to wear 2 pairs. Heated mattress pads.
Snuggles with your misses, or lady friend. Snowball fights with kids.

I'd be doubling down on the meds, booze, and hiding the scissors if I didn't find something at least
a little redeeming in it all. :LOL:

Haha! We might have been scraping at the same time, JT! :LOL:

It does suck, but there are some things I like about it----like long nights inside with the family,
Hot Cocoa, making soups and stews, that cold-ass wind in the face that wakes you up deep
inside. A warm fire. Slippers. Extra pair of socks. Yes, I need to wear 2 pairs. Heated mattress pads.
Snuggles with your misses, or lady friend. Snowball fights with kids.

I'd be doubling down on the meds, booze, and hiding the scissors if I didn't find something at least
a little redeeming in it all. :LOL:
Agree completely on the indoor activities! It's just the necessity of having to go to the outdoor locations from time to time that gets in the way :hmm

Not an exaggeration. The Harley paint set I bought for my bagger was $4k. And it took me all weekend to swap all the stock parts. But it sure was gorgeous! (Fucking divorce! :cuss)

Wow! I have some good friends who have been encouraging me to proceed with caution. I am
also of the opinion that if I feel like I have to do a lot to it to get to my liking then I should just
sell it and get a different bike.

I kind of already want a 2nd bike anyways. :brick

Back