To Harley Or Not To Harley, That Is The Question?

Hooked up with my friend, who also plays drums and has been part of our weekly
jams (off and on) since 2004. His parents are both in Hospice right now--at the
same time. That's heavy!

Was good to get out with him and let the wind from the road blow all our cares
away for a few hours. :beer

View attachment 11360
That's awesome dude! Fresh air always lifts the spirits, so enjoy this beautiful weather while you can. It's been perfect here in GA last few days.

Whatever you imagine it feels like it is better than that. :beer

It's a blast just going out not to go anywhere specific, but just going out to go. And it's good for the
environment, too. 50+ mpg!! :banana
Nothing like getting away from the roads you know, which for me would be over to the west side of DC into VA, and then keep going for at least another 50 miles. Get into the mountains, and just...., Let's see where this road goes. :chef

And the best part was finding some little dinky motel to spend the night, ride down into town to some mom & pop restaurant to have dinner, then do it all again the next day.

Drag was riding back around DC to get home though. But still better than being on 4 wheels when it came to traffic! ;)

That's awesome dude! Fresh air always lifts the spirits, so enjoy this beautiful weather while you can. It's been perfect here in GA last few days.

For sure! Every day is a blessing, and a beautiful day even more so! :love

We had nice heart-to-heart about how we are inevitably becoming the oldest generation. We are
at that age where our parents are passing away. Like a lot of majour transitions in life there is no
real way to prep or prepare for it. Live long enough and it happens. Just have to keep moving forward
as best we can.
Hope you have a great weekend down there, FA! :beer

Sprayway from Sam's club. No ammonia, great cleaner, foaming window cleaner. Clean in a cool/dry place. It will evaporate too quickly otherwise.

Thanks, Mav! I am leery of using something that would streak or smear the non-glass glass.

I was kind of lazy, and didn't want to go to the store. So I used hot water and a microfiber cloth. It works! :banana

I am guessing a bit of elbow grease is needed regardless of what is used.

OMFG! Steampunk Harley! :LOL:

I am looking for some Highway Pegs, and now I am looking at Bars, and new to me Bags, and
Wind Deflectors.

Damn you, TS! :hmm

I really need to check myself and hold off until Winter before I do anything other than scheduled
maintenance. Because once the upgrade floodgates open there is no telling if they can ever be
closed again. :facepalm

:beer

OMFG! Steampunk Harley! :LOL:

I am looking for some Highway Pegs, and now I am looking at Bars, and new to me Bags, and
Wind Deflectors.

I really need to check myself and hold off until Winter before I do anything other than scheduled
maintenance. Because once the upgrade floodgates open there is no telling if they can ever be

I want new coil-overs

IMG_1377.jpeg

Wind Deflectors.

Eh, it depends on how you are. Well, I kinda know how you are..., at least with gear. :crazy

At purchase, the dealer offered a 1-time discount, so I bought Screaming Eagle mufflers (wanted a bit louder rumble) and the oil cooler.

Then came the stereo- it definitely needed to be louder, so I bought the 80 watt power booster, which came with 4 upgraded speakers, but since mine was an FLHTC, it had no tour pack for the 2 rear speakers. So I had to buy a paint set, which was built for the Ultra, and came with the tour pack. Oh, and the obligatory luggage rack.

All in all I know it added ~30% beyond the 20K the bike cost new. But I kept the paint set and rack, and I believe I still have a set of unopened chrome-accent grips. Those stock grips really suck! Especially in the heat. They get 'gummy.'

Someday..., when I'm done obsessing over my skills as a guitarist.

Two fleas decide to spend winter in Florida and arrange to meet there. The first arrives as scheduled and spends a few days soaking up sunshine and pina coladas. The second flea arrives one week later, coughing and sneezing uncontrollably.
"What happened to you?" asks the first flea.
"I rode down in the mustache of this guy on a Harley, and we hit a snowstorm coming through Ohio," replies the second. "I tell you, it was the worst ride of my life."

"You should come down here the way I do," says the first flea. "Go to the airport, go into the ladies room and get up on the toilet seat, and when an Air Florida stewardess sits down, you jump up and settle in for a nice warm flight."
"Yeah, you're right," agrees his pal. "That's the way to do it."

The next winter, the fleas decide to go back down to Florida. Again the first flea gets to the beach on time, and again his buddy shows up a week later, coughing and sneezing, sick as a dog. "What happened to you?" asks the first flea. "Didn't you take my advice?"

"I did," the second flea says. "I did just like you said, and it was so nice and warm I fell asleep. The next thing I know, I'm riding in the mustache of this guy on a Harley again!"

Back