This is why it’s good to have too many amps

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
I hadn’t plugged into my roadster in months… probably since like October. Had a jam with my drummer today and brought my Madison 2x12 home since the mark Iv mini stack is in play. Plugged the roadster in and it was glorious. Forgot how crushing and huge that tone is. It was like having a NAD all over again

AF011DF5-1978-4C8C-9BDB-338E0DED9EB9.jpeg

I hadn’t plugged into my roadster in months… probably since like October. Had a jam with my drummer today and brought my Madison 2x12 home since the mark Iv mini stack is in play. Plugged the roadster in and it was glorious. Forgot how crushing and huge that tone is. It was like having a NAD all over again

View attachment 20971
100%.

Most amps do one or two sounds without having to swap the cab or speakers.

I like to treat amps like flavors - but it’s more than just a sonic thing. My creativity and the way I play is different if I’m playing a Tele through a Princeton versus an SG through a JCM800. My Fenders, Marshalls, and Mesas stick around because they are all still useful creative tools. Plus they sound great.

View attachment 20971
(have you seen how many different amps are in a Fractal device?)

:chef

I put 2 Chicken Carcasses in a big pot yesterday and made Broth. Then
I used the Meat and mixed with some Veg and made Ramen with the
Broth.

Definitely putting that on Repeat today. :guiness
I boiled some water and opened a package and tossed it in for lunch the other day. It was the chicken flavor, but I go for other spice packs sometimes. Variety is the spice of life! :beer :guiness

Back on topic - I’m with OP. I’d take a modest, never-changing pedalboard and a rotating fleet of amps over a single amp and revolving door pedalboard any day of the week.

I tried baby backs in my air fryer for the first time a few days ago. I have always smoked them outside for three hours at 250 degrees, so it was a huge departure for me. Marinaded in pineapple juice for an hour like I always do, but added a bit of liquid smoke to the marinade. Then 30 minutes in the air fryer. They turned out surprisingly good, and almost as tender as slow cooking.

I tried baby backs in my air fryer for the first time a few days ago. I have always smoked them outside for three hours at 250 degrees, so it was a huge departure for me. Marinaded in pineapple juice for an hour like I always do, but added a bit of liquid smoke to the marinade. Then 30 minutes in the air fryer. They turned out surprisingly good, and almost as tender as slow cooking.
I like using our air fryer :bag

I may or may not have looked at Roadsters in the past week. I probably won't. It sure is
fun to look, though. That's what happens more and more with age. More looking and
imagining what might be. :LOL:

I may or may not have looked at Roadsters in the past week. I probably won't. It sure is
fun to look, though. That's what happens more and more with age. More looking and
imagining what might be. :LOL:
Perhaps not quite as versatile, but the 50w Rectoverb combos have tempted me a couple times in the $700-800 range. That’s a lot of amp for the money.

Back