Arrived! NAD: Friedman Pink Taco V2

smile.png

Have you actually tried one of Friedman's 20 watters into a bitching 2x12 or 4x12? Think you may be eating some crow dude.

Yup. A Cantrell. And a Mesa Rectoverb 25. There are some others in there in the 2 x EL84 lunchbox
realm that woof out in a 2 guitar down-tuned band.

I know what my needs and demands are. :LOL:

Most of that tone would be coming from the preamp anyways. EL84s can sound full and fat, depends on the design really.

Huh?? I am sorry. I like you. But that is nonsense. :LOL:
When someone can design a 2 x EL84 power section to have the headroom of 2 x EL34s or 6L6s let me know. :beer

Huh?? I am sorry. I like you. But that is nonsense. :LOL:
When someone can design a 2 x EL84 power section to have the headroom of 2 x EL34s or 6L6s let me know. :beer
Well yeah, if the big bottles are designed to be used to their fullest extent they will have more headroom, assuming output transformer accommodates. But with healthy transformers and fixed bias -- EL84s can sound big too.

We can all enjoy what we enjoy. Let's just not try and convince someone with actual experience
that there actual experience is somehow invalid because our needs/demands may be different than
theirs.

#powersectionsmatter

:beer

We can all enjoy what we enjoy. Let's just not try and convince someone with actual experience
that there actual experience is somehow invalid because our needs/demands may be different than
theirs.

#powersectionsmatter

:beer
Oh, I'm not trying to convince you that an EL84 is louder than an EL34, that would be absurd. But an EL84 can have ample clean headroom for numerous situations (none of yours obvey :rofl ).

- People aren’t kidding when they say the amp is bright - this thing can slice your head off if you’re not careful.

No hyperbole here folks. :oops:

Holy crap! I can see why in reviews the words ANGRY and PISSED OFF seem to come up a lot.
With the structure switch up (SAT/FAT off) and gain up past 6-7 it's best of the 80's modded Marshall tones ala Lynch/DeMartini, etc.
LOVE IT!

Last edited:
At basement / home volumes and low power with tasty custom transformers, the EL84 vs EL34 arguments that we sometimes see around here really shouldn't matter. It's the circuit around the power tubes that matters. Here's hoping anyway! 🙏

I'm looking forward to seeing a write-up of the PT V2 vs your AMP1 Mercury.
The front end becomes the backend
(Behind closed doors).
It’s the design & implantation of the master volume
plus what you said.
NOT what she said.

The Taco comes with a unique tax..
The master is a bit hairy for a taco,
while not being filling for a family of five.
A juggernaut of joys..you’ve now taxed the Taco
and are elbow deep in a Brown Eye.
I just go all in, no muff too tuff and get
ear to ear in the beaver.

I gotta say & mention this,
when I think of
“No MUFF TOO TUFF”
Ron Jon Surf Shop cascades over my eyes…,
I think it’s from seeing it on a bumper sticker in the gift shop as a kid at the Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cape Canaveral Florida
when we went to NASA Kennedy Space Station

Last edited:
I was just thinkin’..
Is there a class of humans that have sexual intercourse with food??
Like a dude pumpin’ on a crunchy taco supreme’
from Taco Hell??
Hold the sour cream?
Food Fucking🎯
LmFAO
Hence..the Pink Taco amplifier name.

Back