Arrived! NAD: Friedman Pink Taco V2

Ignore messy crap in background. :sofa

View attachment 9246

I was expecting

I Am Trash GIF by PBS Digital Studios

I saw

reality series GIF

In theory the JEL should be right up my alley. No real clean channel. Plexi and modded 800. That's my wheelhouse.

I wish there was a 50watter (EL84s and Plexi/800 just seems off to me?!) with 2 x EL34s.

In theory the JEL should be right up my alley. No real clean channel. Plexi and modded 800. That's my wheelhouse.

I wish there was a 50watter (EL84s and Plexi/800 just seems off to me?!) with 2 x EL34s.
Find a used JEL-100, pull a couple tubes = 50 watts-ish.

Have you actually tried one of Friedman's 20 watters into a bitching 2x12 or 4x12? Think you may be eating some crow dude.

Have you actually tried one of Friedman's 20 watters into a bitching 2x12 or 4x12? Think you may be eating some crow dude.
Most of that tone would be coming from the preamp anyways. EL84s can sound full and fat, depends on the design really.

Never really looked at it but ya.
Maybe seeing it done large on a print or painting - but shrunk down like this it just looks like a bad silkscreen job.

1703381782415.png

Back