This is why it’s good to have too many amps

I may or may not have looked at Roadsters in the past week. I probably won't. It sure is
fun to look, though. That's what happens more and more with age. More looking and
imagining what might be. :LOL:

I see them listed for like 18-2k a lot but I think those people are dreaming. 1300-1500 is what they’re actually selling for I think

Roadster is certainly an incredible recto

Perhaps not quite as versatile, but the 50w Rectoverb combos have tempted me a couple times in the $700-800 range. That’s a lot of amp for the money.

I had one for a bit, was kind of weird for me. It had really good tones in it, but to get those tones was much too loud for what could be considered “home playing” but kinda fell apart when presented with a drummer. Clean tones were impossible at and practice there was just no headroom. Which is really weird because there’s absolutely no reason a 50 watt 6l6 amp shouldn’t have plenty of headroom :idk

I always thought that it would be a good recording amp though

I traded mine straight across for a Mesa express 5:50+ combo and was much happier. For bang for your buck mesas I think that whole lineage is where it’s at (express/F/DC/caliber)

Back