The Pot Partaker's Lounge

I think I’m going to switch over to sativas. I’ve been a hybrid guy for years now, sativas used to get me paranoid/anxious and indicas would knock me out, so I went with the happy medium. I grabbed some sativa this weekend and as soon as I smoked I realized it was hitting that creative part of my brain. I always figured just being baked would do it for me, it generally does, but this was like turning a switch on.

Hahahha and I don’t know why I keep doing this, but I’ve got some live resin and wax that I just can’t hit after 8pm or it’s automatic bedtime. Last night I was having some drinks with a friend, I take one hit off that vape pen and next thing I know she’s waking me up at 3:30AM because I passed out IMMEDIATELY after I hit that shit.

I have friends who think it is all nonsense. I am not one of them. For me there is a MASSIVE difference in
how a Sativa will hit you versus an Indica. Not even in the same ballpark. For me. Pot is not just pot.

This is why I try and stay away from Hybrids. They just don't know what the fuck they want to actually be
when they grow up and become a Flower. :LOL:

The problem I have is the world has taken the bait on this Hybrid approach (to everything!) where the
assumption is that is better. For me it is not. I want a Sativa to be a Sativa. Not 70% Sativa. Not 50% Sativa.
As Sativa as Sativa can get. Same for an Indica.

Indica is a take the edge off the high-strung. Guess who likes Kushes (Indicas). Chuck the over-caffeinated
drummer friend. :LOL: Sativas make him too edgy and anxious. Hmmmmmm...... Go figure. :idk

I like them both, but only for the appropriate reasons and uses. If I want to stay up late and work on some
tunes give me that Durban Poison. If it is time to chill at the beach in the Summer, or it is a long winter's
night and I am chilling with at home with a movie, then give me that dank Afghan Kush. :chef

I have always loved sativa over indicouch! Indicouch does have it's role, but 95% of the time, I want the up feelings I get from sativa. As la szum has mentioned though, everyone "thinks" they want a hybrid. It's like IPA beers, I think the public has been convinced that IPA's are good, they are NOT! They do generally have a higher alcohol content, but the majority of them are bitter and I don't want bitter beer (and I don't think others do either but they have been convinced that they do by marketing forces and sheep like attitudes). Give me a porter, a stout, bock, brown ale, red ale any day. Hell, I'll even take some lagers or pilsners over most IPA's! You want that high potency, get you some EKU28 or SamiChlaus (it is that time of year for the SamiChlaus)!!! Anyway, I digress. I have some 100% sativa seeds that I hope to plant soon (Dr. Grinspoon), but finding 100% sativa is never easy, in seed or final product (for me anyway).

Thanks, JD! I failed English Lit in High School! Twice! :LOL:

No way
lol

What do teachers know lmao

FWIW - I tested out of English Comp at university (2/50k). Automatic A apparently… thank the Lord 🙏 (I’m a terrible student at times).

It’s just a framework trick … Roman numerals in an outline. Fill in the spaces logically … delete Roman numerals. Repeat what you said in first paragraph. Fin.

No way
lol

What do teachers know lmao

FWIW - I tested out of English Comp at university (2/50k). Automatic A apparently… thank the Lord 🙏 (I’m a terrible student at times).

It’s just a framework trick … Roman numerals in an outline. Fill in the spaces logically … delete Roman numerals. Repeat what you said in first paragraph. Fin.

I feel like a lot of self-directed and self-actualizing folks can be awful students at times. That inner compass
has a mind of its own.

They gotta stop hiring stoners at these dispos lololol

Me: got any deals on pre rolls?

She points to the list

Me: I'll do this one, 6 for $30.

Her: OK

I put 40 bucks down expecting change. Takes her a really long time to ring it up, like a really long time. Eventually she says it's going to be 18.99 and takes one of the 20s. I was like OK so the total is 18.99 then you can keep the change and i put the other 20 in my pocket lol.

I wonder how many mistakes these places are making each day??

Last edited:
They gotta stop hiring stoners at these dispos lololol

Me got any deals on pre rolls?

She points to the list

Me: I'll do this one, 6 for $30.

Her: OK

I put 40 bucks down expecting change. Takes her a really long time to ring it up, like a really long time. Eventually she says it's going to be 18.99 and takes one of the 20s. I was like OK so the total is 18.99 then you can keep the change and i put the other 20 in my pocket lol.

I wonder how many mistakes these places are making each day??
Maybe she thought you were cute and she was stalling on the discounted price just to keep you close for those few moments she could enjoy your presence! Congrats on a great score and a possible new admirer!!

IMG_4350.jpeg

Yum. 😍

Pics like these make me want to indulge again. Then I remember all the panic attacks and bad vibes it gave me. Took me years to quit, like I'd never learn that it's not for me.

Even a couple puffs would make me stumble over the doorsill when "entering" a high, usually followed by an hour-long rollercoaster ride in the ghost train.

(disclaimer: exaggerated depiction, it wasn't psych-ward level stuff, mainly REALLY bad thoughts and horrid future expectations, overwhelming feelings of insecurity, and general nervousness, fast heartbeat, etc)

Not sure why, I guess my brain is just wired a little differently?

The first couple years were fine though, but discovering bong hits (and probably laced sh*t) destroyed that after a while.

But alcohol doesn't make me panic, luckily. Even rough amounts.

Yum. 😍

Pics like these make me want to indulge again. Then I remember all the panic attacks and bad vibes it gave me. Took me years to quit, like I'd never learn that it's not for me.

Even a couple puffs would make me stumble over the doorsill when "entering" a high, usually followed by an hour-long rollercoaster ride in the ghost train.

(disclaimer: exaggerated depiction, it wasn't psych-ward level stuff, mainly REALLY bad thoughts and horrid future expectations, overwhelming feelings of insecurity, and general nervousness, fast heartbeat, etc)

The first couple years were fine though, but discovering bong hits (and probably laced sh*t) destroyed that after a while.

This used to happen to me a lot and for a good 10 years. What I ultimately found was that it was forcing me to focus on the things I was slacking on, but with 50x more anxiety than anyone should really have. Every single time I would sit there and dwell on the things I didn't get done at work or some issue that was going on, no matter how big or small. So I started hitting those exact things I'd get panicky about and once I got to a point where everything was resolved/done/complete, I was good to go again.

Now I use it to keep me in check. So many times at night I'll partake and then a laundry list of things to do at work fly through my head, so I just write 'em down and bang 'em out the next day. If the only way I can enjoy it is by being productive and getting shit done, that's not a bad thing!

Yum. 😍

Apparently, we all have different endocannabanoid systems with different levels of tolerance. Some
are barely throws off their baseline with a lot of cannabis, and others are thrown way off their baseline
state with just a little. It's all very fascinating. The science of how we have built-in receptors that respond
to Cannabanoids ingested in any form.

Means that we likely have a far older, and more deeply ingrained relationship, with Cannabis as a species
than we do with various foods and certainly alcohol. :unsure:

@la szum - I’ve seen some emails from dispensaries that have hash. I haven’t smoked hash since back in high school. Is it the the same hash that I remember??? I seem to recall back in the day you could get a gram for like 10 bucks or something

Back