The Pot Partaker's Lounge

When I started imbibing in 1983-4 we'd get Hash and Opium for $5/gram. Monkey
Paw and Thai Stick, too. :bonk

I believe what norminal said is correct. I like whole plant varietals. Concentrates and
extracts are not my bag. I want all the synergistic effects and balancing elements of
an whole plant/whole flower medicinal. :idk

1707180420031.png

1707180479768.png

When I started imbibing in 1983-4 we'd get Hash and Opium for $5/gram. Monkey
Paw and Thai Stick, too. :bonk

I believe what norminal said is correct. I like whole plant varietals. Concentrates and
extracts are not my bag. I want all the synergistic effects and balancing elements of
an whole plant/whole flower medicinal. :idk

View attachment 18287
View attachment 18288
Great info!!! I guess I know what I’ll be trying one of these days if it isn’t ridiculously priced 😂

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate hybrids???
:hmm

Seriously, everyone has been so hell bent on creating the next new fancy hybrid strain
the the pure landrace strains are getting completely and utterly buried in the mix.

Go try to find a pure Indica or Sativa and I bet you can't. :idk

I don't want my Marshall feeling like a Fender and my Fender feeling like a Marshall. :LOL:

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate hybrids???
:hmm

Seriously, everyone has been so hell bent on creating the next new fancy hybrid strain
the the pure landrace strains are getting completely and utterly buried in the mix.

Go try to find a pure Indica or Sativa and I bet you can't. :idk

I don't want my Marshall feeling like a Fender and my Fender feeling like a Marshall. :LOL:
I bought some Dr. Grinspoon (read some back story on this one, fun stuff) seeds last time I was in Amsterdam because I could not find any 100% sativa seeds in the options available to me stateside! I have not grown them yet, but I support your distaste for the "grey zone" of cannabis breeds. They do have a purpose, but like IPA's, I wish they did not dominate the market!!

Durban Poison is about as pure lineage as you’re going to find for Sativa. I don’t do indica-dominant strains, so not sure about those.

Yup. Lots out there. There's a great series about the hunt for Landrace Strains on the Youtubez. There
are people trying to save the genetics of the Pure Landrace Strains before they become dumbed down
by Wedding Cake or something. :LOL:

I bought some Dr. Grinspoon (read some back story on this one, fun stuff) seeds last time I was in Amsterdam because I could not find any 100% sativa seeds in the options available to me stateside! I have not grown them yet, but I support your distaste for the "grey zone" of cannabis breeds. They do have a purpose, but like IPA's, I wish they did not dominate the market!!

I talk about it every chance I get. Probably too much for some people. :LOL:

Nothing inherently wrong with hybrids. It's part and parcel of what we
do as humans with everything we have found growing here on Earth.

I just feel that the Hybrid phenomenon has come to dominate the market
and it has made it virtually impossible to find any pure Sativa or Indica strains
anywhere.

A friend and I are going in together and looking to source some seeds for a grow,
so we can extricate ourselves from the Hybrid Madness!

You have dispensaries and/or dispensary sections dedicated to medical only customers? :oops:
I don’t know where spawn calls home (edit: im an idiot, spawn is in CO and it says right in the comment above), but in MA, yeah. There’s a pretty nice dispensary just down the road from me that’s only MED. Some places do both MED and REC, and sometimes the MED options absolute trump the REC options as far as variety, strength, and/or cost is concerned.

You have dispensaries and/or dispensary sections dedicated to medical only customers? :oops:

Yep, we had medical only obviously before being the first to legalize rec. after rec a lot of the established places introduced rec and med sides, because legally they have to be separate. A lot of places have both, but some are just Rec and some are just med

Taxes and price are different between the two, as well as certain restrictions being different. For example, here in CO edibles are limited to 100mg max in a single pack. No such restriction exists on the medical side

Yep, we had medical only obviously before being the first to legalize rec. after rec a lot of the established places introduced rec and med sides, because legally they have to be separate. A lot of places have both, but some are just Rec and some are just med.

This is the nirvana I hope makes it to CA really soon.
I paid a couple hundred to get my card only to find out the savings were just state and local taxes. :mad:

I paid a couple hundred to get my card only to find out the savings were just state and local taxes. :mad:
That’s huge if that’s the case in CO. Their cannabis taxes are (or where when I lived there) were outrageous.

Last edited:
15% cannabis retail tax in CO. On top of the local/state taxes

I’ve heard varying reports of savings beyond the tax. I’ll find out myself tomorrow and report back. I do know that many medical dispensaries will give you a further steep discount if you sign over your plant count to them

Back