The "Going To An Audition" Thread

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Gig was fire! So much fun. :banana

Stepfather ("Pops"), who was married to my Mom
for 38 years, passed away at Noon the very next day. :brick

We laid him to rest yesterday. It's been quite the week.

Hoping to chime in with some more deets once I get
my feet back on some solid ground. :hugitout
Holy Shite Dude! So sorry to hear about the Stepdad ;~(( What a buzz kill after a great show!! Best wishes to your Mom and I hope she can stay strong and live long without her mate!!! I know she has a good son to help her do just that ;~)) And of course, condolences and best wishes to you as well!!!!

Gig was fire! So much fun. :banana

Stepfather ("Pops"), who was married to my Mom
for 38 years, passed away at Noon the very next day. :brick

We laid him to rest yesterday. It's been quite the week.

Hoping to chime in with some more deets once I get
my feet back on some solid ground. :hugitout
I imagine that's some difficult opposite emotions to process, but take comfort in the fact you helped take care of him Dave! I'm sure that meant a lot to him and your mom. :love

All the best and my sincerest condolences, Dave.

With these kind of events, times are best spent remembering all the great things. Lost my mother back in December, take my word for it, it's the best way to face it all.

Getting together with the guys for the 1st time since the last gig. These two weeks have been
so hectic and emotionally intense that we have not even spoken---or, I have not spoken with
any of them since.

Looking forward to the hang tonight as much or more than any music we might play. :beer
Yep. Have a good hang this evening. You deserve it \m/

Hope you have a great night with them, and that you're not struggling too much!

Back on the original subject of this thread, have you had any more communication or anything with that "other" group of dudes?

I have not, Dave. Our current Bassist, Downsouth Dave, went and jammed with them
before joining up with us, and came away with similar thoughts about the lead singer
being a bit of a freak when it comes to control over the entire list. I still can't fathom
why a guy who can do Bruce Dickinson, Robert Plant, Geoff Tate, and Steve Perry is hung
up on playing the Goo Goo Dolls and The Gin Blossoms. WT actual F?? :facepalm

I do plan on dropping by some Wednesday evening, as he told me they are still
jamming most every week. He said I was welcome anytime. :idk

Oh, and my friend Charlie asked me to play Bass in a Trio. I had to pass due to a lot of
intense life circumstances. Even without those I probably would have still passed. :LOL:

I have not, Dave. Our current Bassist, Downsouth Dave, went and jammed with them
before joining up with us, and came away with similar thoughts about the lead singer
being a bit of a freak when it comes to control over the entire list. I still can't fathom
why a guy who can do Bruce Dickinson, Robert Plant, Geoff Tate, and Steve Perry is hung
up on playing the Goo Goo Dolls and The Gin Blossoms. WT actual F?? :facepalm

I do plan on dropping by some Wednesday evening, as he told me they are still
jamming most every week. He said I was welcome anytime. :idk

Oh, and my friend Charlie asked me to play Bass in a Trio. I had to pass due to a lot of
intense life circumstances. Even without those I probably would have still passed. :LOL:
Ahh ok, kind of what I figured - and very funny that DSD thought the same. All for the best, I'd say!

And another win, on not playing bass!
Confetti Saweetie GIF by Little Mix

:sofa

Back