The "Going To An Audition" Thread

Congrats on the gig and "getting the band together"! Don't know why, but this thread had not been popping up on my notifications, so I was a bit behind on the progress!! Rock it Brother!!!

Well, that was fun! Maybe our most solid and stout practice since the new additions.:idk:idk

Downsouth Dave is already looking to "Mod" his new 5 string with some Bartolinis or EMGs.
We got locked into a slot for a cool Festival Gig first weekend of June. Honed in a preliminary
setlist. 2 hour slot. So we are aiming for 25-30 songs.

Chihuahua Chuck (he brings his Chihuahua to practice every week!) did raise his voice once, and
got moire than a bit "uppity," but I quelled it being the Drum Whisperer that I am. :LOL:

He then apologized. :hugitout

He's wound tighter than the G string on my Telecaster. Dude is going to have to adapt and adjust. :idea

Anywho, if we can hold this thing together up through June who knows.

Just enjoying the ride and the flow as long as it lasts. Being able to thrash out some tunes in drop C
is a blessing, not a guarantee, at our age!! :beer
Are quaaludes or Valium legal these days???
Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

So I followed some of the advice given here and set up a Sunday Jam Sesh with my
old friend Charlie and a few of us, along with that stellar vocalist and all around great
dude I mentioned recently. :beer

Low key and fun. My Buddy and fellow Guitarist Keith is doing some Pulled Pork, too, for snax. :chef

Ordered some Chickens from Downsouth Dave and his wife tonight. They moved to the area by purchasing
an old Farm/Homestead.... and have a cool DIY/Self-Sufficiency vibe that I am totally down with.

Looks like I'll be sourcing Eggs from them, too. :chef

So Chihuahua Chuck took his dog and went home permanently. He informed us in the
Band/Group Text he would not be showing up anymore. His body is toast and he just
can't deal with the physical demands of drumming anymore. :brick

Took the wind out of our sails just a bit--as we all assumed we had a new lineup that
was solid and proven.:idk

The good news is Downsouth Dave is gung-ho and was present last night. I slid back
over to drums.... and may have to stay on the throne indefinitely. That means I have
to hold up, so I can make it through our upcoming gigs. :LOL:

Inviting my friend Charlie to come next week, and see if he wants the guitar slot that
opened up now that I am back on drums. Should know within a couple of songs if that
will be a good fit or not.

As The Band Turns. :beer

Around The World Spinning GIF by US National Archives

So Chihuahua Chuck took his dog and went home permanently. He informed us in the
Band/Group Text he would not be showing up anymore. His body is toast and he just
can't deal with the physical demands of drumming anymore. :brick

Took the wind out of our sails just a bit--as we all assumed we had a new lineup that
was solid and proven.:idk

The good news is Downsouth Dave is gung-ho and was present last night. I slid back
over to drums.... and may have to stay on the throne indefinitely. That means I have
to hold up, so I can make it through our upcoming gigs. :LOL:

Inviting my friend Charlie to come next week, and see if he wants the guitar slot that
opened up now that I am back on drums. Should know within a couple of songs if that
will be a good fit or not.

As The Band Turns. :beer

Around The World Spinning GIF by US National Archives
Better he give up sooner than later. It's actually super cool you are able to hop on the drums and make it work \m/

Better he give up sooner than later. It's actually super cool you are able to hop on the drums and make it work \m/

That's what Matt, our singer said. Word for word. :beer

It's a lot of work, JT! With a gig on the horizon (and maybe more),
and Charlie hanging out there, it seems like I have a little extra
motivation to be a team player and make it work. Or make myself work. :LOL:

Back