The "Going To An Audition" Thread

And doth thou want a drummer with really bad timing? :unsure:

Haha! I see what you did there. :LOL:

Chuck was/is a great technical drummer. Not great with tempo (things tend to be faster)
and his dynamics were not always the best (metal guy at his core so everything was hard).
He also came with a bit of a short fuse, and a looooong history of short stints with bands due
to being a tad on the high maintenance side of the aisle.

Things we were all willing to overlook and/or work with him on. No need to do so now. :beer

Haha! I see what you did there. :LOL:

Chuck was/is a great technical drummer. Not great with tempo (things tend to be faster)
and his dynamics were not always the best (metal guy at his core so everything was hard).
He also came with a bit of a short fuse, and a looooong history of short stints with bands due
to being a tad on the high maintenance side of the aisle.

Things we were all willing to overlook and/or work with him on. No need to do so now. :beer
Been a lot of "stars aligning", and maybe your old friend's move to town and you moving to the throne is all meant to be. More mojo being sent and I have confidence in it working for you all.

Viserys Targaryen Crown GIF by Game of Thrones

:rofl

Yup. Everything happens for a reason, and it is usually because people can't be counted
on to get out of their own fucking way, or our way. :beer

My primary motto In life is, "Keep Showing Up," if only because most don't/can't, and will find
all kinds of reasons not to. :idk

Not sure how Ive missed this thread all this time, but started catching up today. Hit my tldr limit at page 9, but wanted to post so I don’t lose it again.

My only insight so far: it makes total sense that the original singer/biz owner/warehouse jam space guy is/was the way you describe. We singers thrive in the spotlight and it tends to go to our heads… natch.

Not sure how Ive missed this thread all this time, but started catching up today. Hit my tldr limit at page 9, but wanted to post so I don’t lose it again.

My only insight so far: it makes total sense that the original singer/biz owner/warehouse jam space guy is/was the way you describe. We singers thrive in the spotlight and it tends to go to our heads… natch.

Oh man! My condolences on the thread, Mike. :LOL:

I started it with one intent in mind, and that has morphed into the
"Diaries Of a Middle-Aged Rocker Looking For a Forever Home."

Apparently. :idk

I thought it might be a cool encapsulation of never giving up The Rock.... against all odds. :beer

Oh man! My condolences on the thread, Mike. :LOL:

I started it with one intent in mind, and that has morphed into the
"Diaries Of a Middle-Aged Rocker Looking For a Forever Home."

Apparently. :idk

I thought it might be a cool encapsulation of never giving up The Rock.... against all odds. :beer
Well, clearly you’re doing something right. I don’t think any of my threads have ever made it past 9 pages. :ROFLMAO:

O M G. Dude, I guess you have to give him credit? Idk - back issues are definitely no joke - so I guess understandable.

Did your long time guitar buddy that just moved to town come?

O M G. Dude, I guess you have to give him credit? Idk - back issues are definitely no joke - so I guess understandable.

I applaud him for wanting to. I just hope he can hang, as we are prepping for a few Summer gigs.

Time will tell. :idk

I need to touch base with Charlie, "don't call me Chuck!" again and see how he is doing.

I spoke with Charlie on the phone last night. He asked me out to the bar to watch
a band play. Being St. Patty's Day I passed. I could hear the ruckus and wasn't interested.
We have plans to hang out and catch up this week. He's had a rotten past 2 weeks that
I need to hear more about---which is why I had not heard from him. :idk

Chuck's out again this week. :facepalm Flu or some such thing. Herpes flareup? Has Ebola? :brick

He and his Chihuahua have been extended more rope than most, and are both
hanging by their last thread at this point. Not my last thread. He roasted my last
thread a few weeks ago. I am just not the only one with a vote in the band. :idk

Carrying The F On! :beer

Chuck's out again this week. :facepalm Flu or some such thing. Herpes flareup? Has Ebola? :brick

He and his Chihuahua have been extended more rope than most, and are both
hanging by their last thread at this point. Not my last thread. He roasted my last
thread a few weeks ago. I am just not the only one with a vote in the band. :idk

Carrying The F On! :beer
About time for the talk. Ugh. Band mojo sent!

Yup. I am going to be pushing to move on, which is not easy or fun when
a friend is concerned. He's just not capable (health?), not willing (head?),
neither capable nor willing.

It's not personal. You are either there consistently or you are not. He is not. :idk

Haha! What's more unlikely than highly unlikely, Drew?? :idk

:rofl

The 4 of us still hanging in there are doing pretty good considering
the revolving door of people and their baggage the past few months. :brick

It does get a bit tiresome, but I think we all have a healthy way of
keeping things in perspective.

Oh, and the singer stumbled on a complete set of Paiste Signature Cymbals for
a song, and I used them last night---so that helps the morale. :chef

Finally set up a jam/meet and greet with Charlie. All of us minus the Singer are gonna
hang Saturday night and jam a little. See if maybe Charlie is a good fit for the other
guitar slot now that I seem to be back on Drums full time. I know he has the chops
and the gear. Just a matter if he has the desire, and we all hit it off. More or less. :idk

At the very least I want to see if he can at least help us power through the gigs we
have coming up in June and July. I know he's done the fill-in/hired gun thing plenty
of times. Totally capable.

Excited to hear him play while being in the same room as him for the 1st time in 35
years. Nuts!

Finally set up a jam/meet and greet with Charlie. All of us minus the Singer are gonna
hang Saturday night and jam a little. See if maybe Charlie is a good fit for the other
guitar slot now that I seem to be back on Drums full time. I know he has the chops
and the gear. Just a matter if he has the desire, and we all hit it off. More or less. :idk

At the very least I want to see if he can at least help us power through the gigs we
have coming up in June and July. I know he's done the fill-in/hired gun thing plenty
of times. Totally capable.

Excited to hear him play while being in the same room as him for the 1st time in 35
years. Nuts!

I hope those guys show a little appreciation for you hopping around instruments to keep this thing going! And yeah, a 35-year reunion sounds like a blast!

Back