The "Going To An Audition" Thread

2 walls filled, other two are exterior so no. Plus 12 is my limit.
Laundry Day Monday GIF by BuzzFeed

:hmm

:LOL:

Last edited:
So my friend Charlie wants to come and hang with us this week. I am not sure. There are
only so many notes to go around. :LOL:

I know he is looking to make friends and network with some musicians, but he doesn't really
fit with the guys in the band. He's more into the Trower/SRV/Hendrix thing we don't do any
of that.

I also know he is not the just hang out and watch kind of guy. I know this because I am not that
kind of guy either. I get antsy and restless watching other people play and not being able to
participate. He's doer. Not a spectator.

I haven't mentioned reconnecting with Charlie to the guys yet. Chihuahua Chuck has been solid
as a rock since the beginning the year. He and I are the first to show and he likes to be early and
set up before everyone else arrives. Downsouth Dave bought a 5'er. So I'd like to see where this
goes and not bring any other elements in that could be a distraction at this point.

Maybe I could set something else up with Charlie that is more Blues-based. I know he is itching
to play, and is a monster on a Strat. I also don't want to exclude him. Hard to make friends when
you move to a new area. I am literally the only person in the town he has any history with.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thoughts anyone?? :idk

I think you have to tell him what style y'all are playing, before inviting him over, and gauge his reaction and adjust accordingly. Could be a bit uncomfortable but I doubt he wants to come in and 100% "take over", from hearing about his history.

Maybe you're worrying a bit too much? Plus, your idea of setting up a more Blues thing seems solid.

It'll be ok! If not, remember my famous Queensryche quote. :grin

Thanks, D! Appreciate the breakdown. :beer

I sent him a text pretty much stating exactly what you suggested. No reply yet.
Probably out wrestling all the snow we received over night and through today. :LOL:

There are different politics involved sometimes with jam groups. I am not as familiar with them but I am betting it's hopefully a bit "looser" as far as feeling needing to be "exclusive" or wtever that looks like?

So my friend Charlie wants to come and hang with us this week. I am not sure. There are
only so many notes to go around. :LOL:

I know he is looking to make friends and network with some musicians, but he doesn't really
fit with the guys in the band. He's more into the Trower/SRV/Hendrix thing we don't do any
of that.

I also know he is not the just hang out and watch kind of guy. I know this because I am not that
kind of guy either. I get antsy and restless watching other people play and not being able to
participate. He's doer. Not a spectator.

I haven't mentioned reconnecting with Charlie to the guys yet. Chihuahua Chuck has been solid
as a rock since the beginning the year. He and I are the first to show and he likes to be early and
set up before everyone else arrives. Downsouth Dave bought a 5'er. So I'd like to see where this
goes and not bring any other elements in that could be a distraction at this point.

Maybe I could set something else up with Charlie that is more Blues-based. I know he is itching
to play, and is a monster on a Strat. I also don't want to exclude him. Hard to make friends when
you move to a new area. I am literally the only person in the town he has any history with.

Not sure how to proceed.

Thoughts anyone?? :idk
That’s exactly what I’d do Dave, start a side gig with your bud. Let him see your band when you play live. Outside distractions could change the whole vibe if boundaries aren’t respected…
200.gif

Well, that was fun! Maybe our most solid and stout practice since the new additions.:idk:idk

Downsouth Dave is already looking to "Mod" his new 5 string with some Bartolinis or EMGs.
We got locked into a slot for a cool Festival Gig first weekend of June. Honed in a preliminary
setlist. 2 hour slot. So we are aiming for 25-30 songs.

Chihuahua Chuck (he brings his Chihuahua to practice every week!) did raise his voice once, and
got moire than a bit "uppity," but I quelled it being the Drum Whisperer that I am. :LOL:

He then apologized. :hugitout

He's wound tighter than the G string on my Telecaster. Dude is going to have to adapt and adjust. :idea

Anywho, if we can hold this thing together up through June who knows.

Just enjoying the ride and the flow as long as it lasts. Being able to thrash out some tunes in drop C
is a blessing, not a guarantee, at our age!! :beer

Well, that was fun! Maybe our most solid and stout practice since the new additions.:idk:idk

Downsouth Dave is already looking to "Mod" his new 5 string with some Bartolinis or EMGs.
We got locked into a slot for a cool Festival Gig first weekend of June. Honed in a preliminary
setlist. 2 hour slot. So we are aiming for 25-30 songs.

Chihuahua Chuck (he brings his Chihuahua to practice every week!) did raise his voice once, and
got moire than a bit "uppity," but I quelled it being the Drum Whisperer that I am. :LOL:

He then apologized. :hugitout

He's wound tighter than the G string on my Telecaster. Dude is going to have to adapt and adjust. :idea

Anywho, if we can hold this thing together up through June who knows.

Just enjoying the ride and the flow as long as it lasts. Being able to thrash out some tunes in drop C
is a blessing, not a guarantee, at our age!! :beer
So you're playing a gig.

Hmmmm.

:unsure::sofa:crazy:love

Yup.

It was all tentative and on pause until yesterday. :idk We'd been asked, but not sure this
new configuration would hold together.... or show up. So we didn't commit until yesterday.

Now we have to keep showing up, and get along. :LOL:

2 hours. Full backline and stage provided. Next to last band on a 5 band lineup. Getting
paid decent enough for 2 hours.

Man, it's easy as you can make it for a gaggle of old farts!! :banana

Yup.

It was all tentative and on pause until yesterday. :idk We'd been asked, but not sure this
new configuration would hold together.... or show up. So we didn't commit until yesterday.

Now we have to keep showing up, and get along. :LOL:

2 hours. Full backline and stage provided. Next to last band on a 5 band lineup. Getting
paid decent enough for 2 hours.

Man, it's easy as you can make it for a gaggle of old farts!! :banana
Production and backline provided? Forget about it! Get in there \m/ Congrats!

Back