The Food Thread

Mom is turning 80 tomorrow, and we have planned a low key family celebration. I
assigned myself the task of being the Smoker of the Meatz. :clintIt's gonna be a long
evening. I assume I will be up well into the night, and maybe nap a few hours before
pulling it off the smoke sometime late tomorrow morning to early afternoon.

Mom likes Beans so I am going to do some Beans in the smoker with this fatty slice
of Short Ribs I found at the Market today. Never tried it. Should be good.

Also, have to go against the grain of nature and not drink any beers while doing this.
That'll be the hardest part. :LOL:

Last edited:
assigned myself the task of being the Smoker of the Meatz. :clintIt's gonna be a long
evening. I assume I will be up well into the night, and maybe nap a few hours before

Mom likes Beans so I am going to do some Beans in the smoker with this fatty slice

Also, have to go against the grain of nature and not drink any beers while doing this.
Sounds awesome delicious!

Wonderful!

I always cooked for my mom on her birthday in her later years. She was truly grateful and felt the love.

Right now I'm cooking a pork shoulder picnic; eight hours at 275 degrees then 10-15 minutes at 450. I decided to try the recipe below because it's so simple but I did add a rub of my own spices. However beer will be consumed in moderation. It should be done by midnight.

You are a good son! Happy B-Day to your Mom!! I am sure it will be a difficult one for her considering the recent tragedy, but I hope she enjoys her day none the less!!!

Last edited:
My wife brought these home. I told her we can skip the middleman and I’ll just dump them straight in the toilet.

IMG-0193.jpg

Wonderful!

I always cooked for my mom on her birthday in her later years. She was truly grateful and felt the love.

Right now I'm cooking a pork shoulder picnic; eight hours at 275 degrees then 10-15 minutes at 450. I decided to try the recipe below because it's so simple but I did add a rub of my own spices. However beer will be consumed in moderation. It should be done by midnight.

That's awesome! :chef

Looks like it turned out great! :beer

I am getting ready to pull the meat out of the Smoker. Put it in at 11PM last night
and now it is 2:30. 15 and 1/2 hours.

I did cave and drink two beers last night before passing out and then waking up
at 6AM to wrap the meat.

It's a Marathon not a Sprint!! :LOL:

I am going to pull it and then slather a bunch of butter on it, and then allow it
to rest after I rewrap it until we eat tonight around 6PM. Have to make some
Tater Salad, and maybe some kind of quick pickle with Cucumber, Rice Vinegar,
Sesame Oil, and a bit of Gochugaru. Maybe even some Nori for @jaxadam . :pickle
The recipe I used called for brushing on some white vinegar before inserting into the oven. I used rice vinegar instead.

Seems like we're of the same mind regarding ingredients.

Nice! I have used the Vinegar/Hot Sauce spritz on Pork that Rodney Scott recommends.

Vinegar and Pork = :chef

Some day I am roadtripping for a couple of weeks and hitting a bunch of BBQ spots in
the South. :beer
I would love to join you! Sounds like a sweet and tangy trip down BBQ lane!! Hope everyone loves the meal bits you have prepared today (looks delish), especially your Mom ;~))

Well I finally finished cooking.

Baked thighs on Thursday, roasted pork yesterday, and fried thighs and drumsticks today.

It will all be frozen after being wrapped up in portions so along with some seafood, chili, and Bolognese sauce that's already frozen I'll be done cooking for the month. Now I can just throw stuff in the oven to warm it up and I'm good to go.

53824806335_b2a8035cf5_b.jpg

Well I finally finished cooking.

Baked thighs on Thursday, roasted pork yesterday, and fried thighs and drumsticks today.

It will all be frozen after being wrapped up in portions so along with some seafood, chili, and Bolognese sauce that's already frozen I'll be done cooking for the month. Now I can just throw stuff in the oven to warm it up and I'm good to go.

53824806335_b2a8035cf5_b.jpg
What's your process for warming up those thighs and drumsticks?

Back