The Food Thread

Got a sudden craving for Pb&J’s today 😋

IMG_1677.jpeg
IMG_9526.jpeg

View attachment 18474View attachment 18475

Classic.

I love that totally square bread for grilled cheese sandwiches. My latest quirk is one slice each of yellow and white American cheese. Make some Bourdains fries and a baby kosher dill on the side and :chef

If you want to go full Emeril add bacon or ham to kick it up a notch. :rubshands BAM!

Haha! Nice. I made a Grilled Cheese on Ciabatta when I came home from band practice last night.
Had a couple of crispy whole dills, too.

Smoked Gouda, Aged Irish Cheddar, and some low-moisture Mozz. :chef

When I don't want to fuss and need something easy and breezy a Grilled Cheese is
my go to.

I got a friend coming to visit this weekend, which means I get a break from grilled chicken and veggies. First stop is some badass Cubans for a late lunch, street tacos until we puke for dinner from this joint-
348s.jpg

Tomorrow for lunch it’ll be Lasapada’s, which will cover my red meat intake for the next 6 months with one sandwich. They cut the meat right there and slap it on, then put a meat cap on after.
3ac2b39ad528f8c8c5dc77c59abb683d.jpeg

Tomorrow night it’ll most likely be Stromboli’s, a pizza joint that’s worth driving all the way across Ft. Lauderdale for, despite the 30 pizza joints right next to me.

View attachment 18474View attachment 18475
You can't go wrong with that. Looks good. Now I want one... :)
I got a friend coming to visit this weekend, which means I get a break from grilled chicken and veggies. First stop is some badass Cubans for a late lunch, street tacos until we puke for dinner from this joint-
348s.jpg

Tomorrow for lunch it’ll be Lasapada’s, which will cover my red meat intake for the next 6 months with one sandwich. They cut the meat right there and slap it on, then put a meat cap on after.
3ac2b39ad528f8c8c5dc77c59abb683d.jpeg

Tomorrow night it’ll most likely be Stromboli’s, a pizza joint that’s worth driving all the way across Ft. Lauderdale for, despite the 30 pizza joints right next to me.
I may have to venture down in your area one of these weekends and find that sub shop. That looks killer.

You can't go wrong with that. Looks good. Now I want one... :)

I may have to venture down in your area one of these weekends and find that sub shop. That looks killer.

There’s 3 locations here, but the one closest to me is the ‘best’ because you can park for the beach, hang there for a few hours and grab Laspada’s on the way back to the car to pig out on before taking an afternoon “the sun got me” nap.

There’s 3 locations here, but the one closest to me is the ‘best’ because you can park for the beach, hang there for a few hours and grab Laspada’s on the way back to the car to pig out on before taking an afternoon “the sun got me” nap.
Unfortunately, the closest one to me is 45 minutes away, with no traffic.

It’s snowing a bunch and I made an excessive amount of Brunswick stew.

Got busted sampling the broth with a straw (it is that good)

View attachment 18565
Looks like the counter got to taste it too. :)

Made Meatballs from scratch yesterday for the folks. Being home bound and
it being Valentine's Day I asked what they wanted me to make for them. Holy
4 hours later! :brick

I started the Sauce first. Then used Italian Sausage and Ground Beef mixed with
some Parm, Fennel, Basil, Egg, and Breadcrumbs. Ended up cooking them in the
Oven for 50 minutes, and then put them all in the Marinara Sauce to finish.

Haven't seen my Mom eat like that in quite some time. :LOL:

If I made them again I'd include a little heat element. Maybe more Crushed Red
Pepper, or some Calabrian Chiles. :chef

Very time consuming! So not a weekly thing that is going to happen any time soon.

Back