The Food Thread

Since recently discovering my love for Thai boat noodles, I've decided to try and branch out and try as many other southeast Asian noodle soup dishes as I can (outside of Pho, I don't mind it but I've always found it a bit bland/boring)

Today I'm having some Vietnamese Bun Rieu, pig blood curds and all :love

Yay or Nay? :idk

001786311-1

It's not even an American bastardization. It's like an actual Italian food group and shit. :idk

Maybe that's why some are so averse while they go and plug up yet another Taco Bell toilet
with superior foodie turds.:rofl

I've been staying a lot with my Moms and Pops. Stepdad is on Hospice care and my Mom has
been his primary caregiver for the past 18 months or so. Been going out to hang as much as
I can. Yesterday she wanted to make some Fluffy Dinner Rolls. Sure. Why not?

I did all the work. She supervised. :LOL:

They turned out freaking fantastic. Like steamy little pillows of goodness. :chef

20240207_171344.jpg

Last edited:
I've been staying a lot with my Moms and Pops. Stepdad is on Hospice care and my Mom has
been his primary caregiver for the past 18 months or so. Been gooing out to hang as much as
I can. Yesterday she wanted to make some fluffy Dinner Rolls. Sure. Why not?

I did all the work. She supervised. :LOL:

They turned out freaking fantastic. Like steamy little pillows of goodness. :chef

View attachment 18407
Ignore my ill-timed pickle loaf crack :bag. Much love and positive vibes to your family.

Ignore my ill-timed pickle loaf crack :bag. Much love and positive vibes to your family.

I am immune, JT! :beer

I hope no one takes my playful jabs seriously, or with any kind of ill intent. There's
some serious and grave shit in all of our lives and Pickle Loaf doesn't even register. :hugitout

And thanks. I appreciate it. I have the evening off to go jam with my buddies.... minus
Downsouth Dave who bailed after 2 straight weeks of showing up. We all poked him in
the group text and he didn't take it very well at the outset. Still getting to know us I suppose. :idk

:beer

Haha! I just scored a new to me Japanese Cookbook and will be fermenting some unique things
here in short order. Yes, some Kombu, Nori, and Soy drenched Eggs will be involved. :LOL:
I am trying a little fermenting. I have a jar of habanero peppers fermenting to make hot sauce with. I am still unsure how to make it shelf stable once I blend it all up and filter it out. I need to research that a bit more. I have thought about trying some other things and even making some of my own vinegar.

Back