The Coffee Thread

Here you go, @DrewJD82 . Figured this was good a place as any. :)

I saw the Preview thumbnail last night, got all excited before I realized it wasn’t airing until today while I’m at work. Can’t wait for this one! Dev is one of the few dudes who I’ll listen to every single interview I can. I have Devin Townsend Bingo card because he’s got a few phrases he’s been using regularly for years. :rofl

“My whole trip”
”Rooted in”
”Dichotomy”
”Force of will”

I like that Swedes take their shoes off when they go inside someone's residence.
I, too, may have a Swedish tendency or two. :idk

I take my shoes off wherever I possibly can!!!!

If I had it my way, I’d be in shorts, sandals and a t-shirt year-round. Best I can do is after work each day!

I saw the Preview thumbnail last night, got all excited before I realized it wasn’t airing until today while I’m at work. Can’t wait for this one! Dev is one of the few dudes who I’ll listen to every single interview I can. I have Devin Townsend Bingo card because he’s got a few phrases he’s been using regularly for years. :rofl

“My whole trip”
”Rooted in”
”Dichotomy”
”Force of will”

Haha! He definitely does Dev and goes all Meta. Nice rant on the media he
will and will not consume, too.

Whatever your fetish, add a few teaspoons of heavy whipping cream…I luv em mocha colored…like my bitches…

Oh My God Omg GIF by VH1

Back on topic… anyone down for a bean trade? Like, I sent you some of the varieties I’m currently drinking (it HAS to be fresh) and you send some back? I’m thinking around 30-50g of each variety?

Empty pill bottles have worked great for me in the past… for mailing other things. 😂

Back on topic… anyone down for a bean trade? Like, I sent you some of the varieties I’m currently drinking (it HAS to be fresh) and you send some back? I’m thinking around 30-50g of each variety?

Man, if I drank more than whatever expensive sh*t Publix has on Buy One, Get One, I’d be down…but it’s all just overpriced, standard coffee. :rofl

Empty pill bottles have worked great for me in the past… for mailing other things. 😂

Cool idea. Can you be trusted to send ONLY Coffee Beans, though. :hmm

;)

When I was staying with my in laws who didn't drink coffee, I would drink Nescafe with hot milk in the mornings. Not bad but there's a little bit of a funky aftertaste.

This past week I've been doing simple drip machine coffee. The upside is that the hot plate keeps the coffee nice and warm and I only have to brew it once. I'm using the same beans and water so there's not a huge taste difference. Honestly if I had a really good machine that could do a single cup or a large batch, that would probably take care of my coffee needs.

I think I may get rid of my Breville Bambino though. I just can't get the hang of making espresso and it's too noisy to use while my wife is WFH. I got a non-pressurized open portafilter/basket and can't pull a decent shot with it.

Aeropress is the way. Not a better single cup brewer in existence.

I've had my Aeropress for close to a decade. It's alright but I don't love it. The last year or so I've used it with a Prismo attachment which is nice to not have to flip it over or change filters, but I generally prefer the V60. I'll try using it for the next couple days exclusively and see if I can't get some better cups out of it.

How are you brewing with it? Are you just drinking the smaller cups it produces (~ 200 ml) or using it to pull faux shots and then adding hot water?

I've had my Aeropress for close to a decade. It's alright but I don't love it. The last year or so I've used it with a Prismo attachment which is nice to not have to flip it over or change filters, but I generally prefer the V60. I'll try using it for the next couple days exclusively and see if I can't get some better cups out of it.

How are you brewing with it? Are you just drinking the smaller cups it produces (~ 200 ml) or using it to pull faux shots and then adding hot water?
Depends. Lately I’ve been doing mostly 10-11g grounds per 180g water. It’s about 61g/L and with a light roast, I get about an 8-10 oz cup. I like it a little on the concentrated side and will add water as needed.

For what I’m currently drinking, I’m doing inverted, 1 minute bloom, flip, 2 minute steep, and then about a 60 second slow press. Yields a lot of body and very clean cup.

Edit: my stress/anxiety dictates how big of a cup I’ll be drinking.

Back