The Coffee Thread

@fretworn - awesome, looking forward to hearing how you like it! The new burrs sound like they fix all the issues with the old design. If that's the case I'll probably upgrade to that grinder sometime next year.

I think I started looking for a new grinder because of this damn thread…

Show Me The Money GIF

Still enjoying my ~ 3 cups daily. Almost exclusively pour over (alternate between Hario V60 Switch and standard), using the 1ZPRESSO JX hand grinder, and the Ember heated mug.

Would still love to have a Fellow Stagg kettle and Ode grinder, but not willing to shell out unless my current stuff breaks.

Ok, this thread is definitely TLDR material, at least for now - but my daily routine is two shots of espresso via my Breville Barista Touch. I use an espresso blend from Lost Dutchman roasters out of Mesa, AZ. I found them when I had lived in that area from 2005-2011, great dude!

I had went the Nespresso route for quite a while (2012-2021?) but got sick of the prices, the machines didn't last and the taste wasn't that great. Was wholly convenient, though, I'll give it that.

Definitely paying a lot less ordering from Lost Dutchman, and it's fukkin' :chef beans.

I had a crisis on Tuesday. Ran out of coffee at home! Thankfully I was going to meet some coworkers for lunch in the city center so I took the tram and went to buy more beans on the same trip.

Over here the morning starts by grinding some beans with my grinder and putting on the Moccamaster. I'm not as heavy drinker of drip coffee as most Finns but still usually have one large cup in the morning and maybe another around 2 pm.

Espresso isn't much of a thing here. While it's available at many restaurants and cafes, most people go for a drip coffee instead. I drink a double espresso after meals sometimes.

I've actually gone the opposite direction and only drink black coffee with the occasional espresso shot dumped in it.
I did work in a coffee house with great baristas and drank every concoction under the sun, but the trucker in me has resorted back to the world of black coffee...

I like simple.

I've actually gone the opposite direction and only drink black coffee with the occasional espresso shot dumped in it.
I did work in a coffee house with great baristas and drank every concoction under the sun, but the trucker in me has resorted back to the world of black coffee...

I like simple.
We call that a Red Eye; at least in my area.

Exactly what we called it too....
Figured they might be called by another name depending on region?
I don't know. I've been all over the country, and in most spots they understood what I was asking for, but in a couple areas they looked at me cross-eyed, and I had to explain.

I was exposed to something like the following arrticle a few years ago and I don't know
if it is the power of suggestion, or not, but I believe it. I can't have my mug in certain
colours and I like my coffee better in other colours.

I also loathe stainless steel. Just why? Industrial coffee?? No thanks. :LOL:

1677184630103.png

I was exposed to something like the following arrticle a few years ago and I don't know
if it is the power of suggestion, or not, but I believe it. I can't have my mug in certain
colours and I like my coffee better in other colours.

I also loathe stainless steel. Just why? Industrial coffee?? No thanks. :LOL:

View attachment 4510
This is also why you need a row of different color guitars, right? Right?

Currently enjoying “Big Chief” (light roast) and “Le Grand COQ Rouge” (blend) from French Truck out of New Orleans.

I’ve got “Alpine Blend” and “Ethiopia Yirgacheffe” arriving today from Frothy Cup out of Idaho Springs, CO. Both light roasts. Frothy Cup, a local favorite of mine when I lived in the Rockies, is a nano-roaster and only roasts to order.

Oh, almost forgot… I’m almost ALWAYS brewing out of my Aeropress. I love the body you get out of an immersion brew.

Back