The amp model that most modelers are missing out on

Another one that is kind of unique
Naylor SuperDrive 60
I know i have read of a few big name producers say that amp is really special
Chris Baseford , Howard Benson
Chris has offered to send his to Fractal I think

I wish I had the cash to scoop up a TGP-3 a decade ago. I should add that to my “hit the lottery” list.

Rockman. Not kidding. The Rockman in the Amplitube Satriani set is friggin' fun, and while not something you'd generally use on its own, it works nicely in layering.
I know there’s a few Tone Matches and other workarounds. But a proper Rockman model on the Axe-FX would be fantastic.

@FractalAudio have you taken a look at one? It is model-able or are there proprietary components in it that aren’t?

@FractalAudio have you taken a look at one? It is model-able or are there proprietary components in it that aren’t?

Rockman schematics are relatively easy to find online, and there's really nothing particularly fancy about them.

I had the X100 schematic laying around; it almost looks like a couple guitar pedals chained together. The preamp section is very distortion stompbox-like, and chorus/echo is handled by common bucket-brigade delay chips from that era (MN3007 / MN3011).

Last edited:
Rockman. Not kidding. The Rockman in the Amplitube Satriani set is friggin' fun, and while not something you'd generally use on its own, it works nicely in layering.
Yeah I wish HX had it. The sustainor module is an old fave of mine. I did end up getting TH-U Overloud's version of it, as well as the chorus. Not quite as gainy as an original but a boost up front will get it there. It's close enough to get my Rockman fix.

I thought about building this:

Not sure how close it gets to the original though.
Make It So Star Trek GIF

Back