TGF Do Something Weekly Challenge Week 4

I’m workin‘ on drum tracks for week 5 now, if the thread doesn’t go up tonight it’ll go up tomorrow.

I started working on a cover over the weekend but I don’t have the solo tight enough yet, one half-f*cking-measure is kicking my ass, more than the damn hard parts. I’m just going to keep working on it and hopefully have 2 submissions for week 5 so I can catch up!

Sorry guys, I ended up not leaving work until around 10pm last night (f*ck yeah for 15 hour days!), hopefully all goes well today and I don’t have to repeat that. Drum tracks are almost finished and the new thread will be posted.

Sorry guys, I ended up not leaving work until around 10pm last night (f*ck yeah for 15 hour days!), hopefully all goes well today and I don’t have to repeat that. Drum tracks are almost finished and the new thread will be posted.
I’m in the middle of a 12 hour bender, myself. I hear that.

• Sad
Reactions: JT
No apologies necessary. If you want to pull of the training wheels completely; do it! Mojo sent on a better work day!

Maybe we should just start week 5 on Friday or Saturday, and give everyone a couple of more days on week 4/2nd bi-weekly.

:idk

Agree…

Also, will make this point… I think provided drum tracks provide a positive, common constraint on us, but force you to adapt to a fixed variable.

It’s fun to compare the interpretations

No apologies necessary. If you want to pull of the training wheels completely; do it! Mojo sent on a better work day!

I hit 36 phone calls in my first 90 minutes this morning, staff called out again, vendors showing up, tenants saying sh*t is on fire, water is leaking…..I hit 5,000 steps by 10AM and it doesn’t count stairs, which I take instead of the elevators because it’s faster and I could use the exercise. I’m actually quite certain I’m going to drop today of exhaustion, which I’m not even dreading, I kinda need it to happen so people will finally see how hard I’m getting raked over the coals lately because no one can seem to connect the dots on their own, even after I’ve been saying it for months.

I hit 36 phone calls in my first 90 minutes this morning, staff called out again, vendors showing up, tenants saying sh*t is on fire, water is leaking…..I hit 5,000 steps by 10AM and it doesn’t count stairs, which I take instead of the elevators because it’s faster and I could use the exercise. I’m actually quite certain I’m going to drop today of exhaustion, which I’m not even dreading, I kinda need it to happen so people will finally see how hard I’m getting raked over the coals lately because no one can seem to connect the dots on their own, even after I’ve been saying it for months.
Ugh! Take a breath and do things at your pace. Don't run yourself ragged!

Sadly, the only way they're likely to see that is if you leave and they replace you with someone who has the modern Gen Z work ethic and suddenly they realize how much you were doing.

Sadly, the only way they're likely to see that is if you leave and they replace you with someone who has the modern Gen Z work ethic and suddenly they realize how much you were doing.
Gen Z work ethic is non-existent. I‘m a head nurse and the development I see on the job market is depressing. I hire pretty much everyone that shows up to a job interview. Don‘t speak my language? Doesn‘t matter. Don‘t have any knowledge about geriatric care? We can try to teach you something. You‘re willing to show up at work if you don’t have something better to do? Wow, that sounds promising, you‘re hired!

Gen Z work ethic is non-existent. I‘m a head nurse and the development I see on the job market is depressing. I hire pretty much everyone that shows up to a job interview. Don‘t speak my language? Doesn‘t matter. Don‘t have any knowledge about geriatric care? We can try to teach you something. You‘re willing to show up at work if you don’t have something better to do? Wow, that sounds promising, you‘re hired!
I think that was his point

Fuck you you fucking cellphone!! Fuck you!! I hire a few helpers in the Summer months and they
tend to be younger (less than 22). I make sure and pay above the average around here for manual
labour. Give them a task. They get it done. Go sit down. Check phone. Wait for orders. Give them
another task. Get it done. Don't come and tell me they are done and say so. Sit down. Look at phone.
Rinse and repeat all day!

Total inability to show initiative, because the ONLY thing they are thinking about when their hands
are busy working is when they can check their Motherfucking Cellphone!

And when I have job that has no cell service and is out of range they are little irritable bitches all
day because they are going through withdrawals.

I fucking HATE cellphones with a passion. They are the Devil without the Metal!! :facepalm

Incoming rant to the overworked.

I quit trying to be a superman at my jobs. It's easy to get taken advantage of.

I worked a warehouse job and was given an opportunity by management to come in an hour early for a special task and was offered to leave an hour early or stay for OT. My direct supervisors didn't like this one bit. It took me off their projects in the morning and left them down a man at wrap-up. To minimize their male period blood I stayed that extra hour every time.

Then came more duties, becoming a back-up hostler driver, and ultimately becoming the main hostler driver. My supervisors wanted me back in the warehouse doing grunt work whenever I had spare time. I'd have to park my truck, walk back up to the dock, dress in my freezer gear and reaclimate to the cold. Of course by the time I had done a single task, they needed me back out in the truck pulling more trailers to the dock or locking up a finished trailer.

My co-workers hated me, upper management kept giving me extra tasks that took me away from the dock work so they were jealous and my supervisors most likely were too.

It wasn't long before I was staying an extra few hours to lock up containers and logging container info, plugging refrigeration units into the mains and locking things up tight. Tweakers in the area would like to break in and steal the copper wiring, break into trucks and containers so extra routines were tacked onto my list before I could even touch containers (which my supervisors didn't like because they couldn't get to their product stored in them).

I ended up getting fired for "an answer my manager didn't like" during one of his routine safety walks with the new hot Head Of Safety (gasp a female, let me flex my power). When he questioned why some containers' tires weren't chalked to protect workers that are going in and out of them, I told him that "it was an hour after their shift and everyone has gone home" evident by the waving/smiling assholes leaving while I was left there without help to close up. "The dock doors are closed and these all need to be closed, there's nobody in these containers." I had no one helping me so I had to hook up, pull them out, apply the brakes, jump down, walk 60 feet to close the rusty doors, walk 60 feet back to the truck, back up, plug in, jot info and repeat 15 times before taking stock of containers, locking up, changing, and THEN leaving. Satan forbid I unchalk every single tire first, saving me an extra 120 ft walk per container.

Of course they had my direct supervisor doing the firing. I had never seen a grown man cry like that at work. It was two jobs later, leaving me fired with nerve damage at a similar job that I decided I'd never be taken advantage of at a job again.

Last edited:
Gen Z doesn‘t like work. Genz Z doesn‘t like responsibilities. Genz Z knows its rights but doesn‘t care about its duties. Gen Z lacks endurance. Gen Z has a reduced attention span. Gen Z cannot handle any kind of crisicism.

To sum this up: Gen Z is an easy target for Neural DSP marketing. They deserve each other.

Back